Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Question on Customs

Question on Customs 8 months 2 weeks ago #61673

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
I've been looking over some of the customs done so far on here and I have to say that I'm very impressed with a lot of them.

However, seeing as Etsy offers less customization options than the main site, how ASP gives you some control over customization, and a full customs section on the main site, I was wondering exactly what can the customs do on the site? Is it just modifications to existing sabers that they offer? For some reason it just seems like the degree to which they can customize things is going over my head.

When I ordered my saber, I went with a pretty bland, but tried and true combination. I didn't think a lot about any type of customization to the saber beyond picking the LED power, sound card, and color. So I figured I'd try to see what types of things have been done with custom sabers to get a better idea of them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question on Customs 8 months 2 weeks ago #61677

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 113
Well, if you order from the main site, mostly the only customisations available are the ones you have selected.

Some of the custom sabers shown in the review section are done by SaberForge Customs, which as far as I am aware are currently closed, except for doing ASP Legacy sabers and maybe a couple of others, although when they do open they will likely offer several options such as powdercoats, other painting options, shattered weathering and the like for extra cost on top of the normal hilt.

Some of the other customs shown in the review section are done by other people who are sent the sabers and paid to do custom work, many of whom do the same sort of things as SF Customs could, although some offer more options and some offer fewer, depending on their skills with certain things. Some people are just paid to add different soundboards and LEDs to empty hilts for different functions, and some are paid to completely change the look of the hilt via extra machining and paints/coats.

Question on Customs 8 months 2 weeks ago #61683

• Omelas
  • "But it was so artistically done..."
  • Thank you received: 14
Hello SublimeDelusions,

From my understanding,

For Etsy, customizations are limited to LED, Soundboard, and blade length, be sure to specify in the comments of the order

ASP, whatever is on the ASP builder is what you're going to get

Main site, customizations include all of the drop down boxes, plus you can specify: lighted switch color (can be different than blade color), kill key color (not sure if still applies with new kill key designs), covertech knob color, and switch color (silver, black etc.), just be sure to specify in the comments of the order

At SaberForge Customs, you can pretty much do whatever if you have the money and Customs has said they can do it (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. )

I'm not sure if you can specify covertech switch, and switch LED colors on Etsy, but the Forum FAQ gives the impression that it does (although I'm not too sure with the new Etsy listings and how they run it)

I hope this helps, and if I'm wrong please correct me, I don't want to be giving wrong information here.

But final answer, just check with This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. because they will know 100%for sure the answer of if something you have in mind can be done with the venue that you're ordering from.
“Mmm. Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing.” ~Grandmaster Yoda
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Omelas.

Question on Customs 8 months 2 weeks ago #61708

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 510
Etsy and SaberForge main site orders offer factory/standard add ons, I wouldn't consider them customized. Only thru This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or another saber smith can you really customize your saber.
My Disciple ordered last October via SaberForge Customs w/ Brass powder-coated Venom claw mounted, was extra $90.

This is pretty basic but email them with an idea and they will tell you if it's feasible and how much it would be. The purchase of the saber and work are completed exclusively through the custom shop.
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by =Ottomatix=.

Question on Customs 8 months 2 weeks ago #61710

• Drahem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
You can buy a legacy saber from indiegogo, however the price for that is 1000 dollars. But you would be able to choose your parts, have a crystal chamber etc. Dunno what if its only a champion or if hero tier is available.
I own, Relic, Archons x2. Bane x2. Templar.

Question on Customs 8 months 2 weeks ago #61857

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
It is champion electronics you might get hero electronics (or something similar) if you wish but i think that limits your options on other things.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Health scare (9 Posts)
    • Glad you're feeling better! We had this tear through our house the other month. Kind of the same...
    • ASP Switch Hole Size? (3 Posts)
    • More specifically, 12mm switches with 14mm heads. There are larger 12mm switches that won't fit, so...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (17 Posts)
    • So correct me if I'm wrong, but the Talon has a new emitter that's different from the Forsaken? IE...
    • Wait Times (3 Posts)
    • Also depends on whether you just ordered a normal hilt or if you added customization (ie powder...
    • Emitter 8c (5 Posts)
    • My apologies for not replying here sooner, busy week and checking the forums in the weekend isn't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 35