Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Custom Frost Lotus Revealed

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 8 months 1 week ago #62635

• Nostrodummies
  • Never heard, hardly seen, and my results are legend.
  • Thank you received: 9
I know that it's a matter of taste, however I'm not a fan. I can picture in silver, or two tone. The acrylic claws make it look too much like a kids toy. That's just my 2 cents. I do appreciate the innovative idea behind it.
As kids we all want to to be Jedi. It's only when we grow up we realize that the Sith are much cooler.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthTtocs

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 8 months 1 week ago #62647

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 277
Wow. Very nice! They'll sell a ton of these. Customizable colors for the claws also? Yep, done deal. ;)
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 8 months 1 week ago #62648

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 33
No thanks, It feels more like a Hasbro than a battle saber.

I love the fact that SF sabers look like something that would actually be weilded on the field. With this one I just get a toy vibe.
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nostrodummies

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 8 months 1 week ago #62656

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 85
I was tempted at first by the offer to get a champion apprentice saber in exchange for a photoshopped pic of the Frost Lotus... but who am I kidding? I'd have trouble finding an appropriate background image without copyright issues, and I'm not that great with teh pixels anyway.

OvrcAHst wrote:
2 Deep Blue + 2 White = new Frost Blue
Gojira101 may be the first Buyer to stumble upon this New Colour Mix by accident with his incoming Hero SP 6/6/12.
I wonder if anyone has tried simply putting in a single 0A/0B tint Cree XP-L HI instead of mixing two white and two blue XB-D emitters. The XP-L should have more output and better focus, and the 0-tint emitters are pretty strikingly blue-white. (likewise, an 8* tint or their special 2200K bin could make a nice yellow or amber blade)
This is not the post you're looking for.

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 8 months 1 week ago #62662

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Looks like I'm picking up another LED at least if they make it available. I love the idea of the Frost Blue.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 8 months 1 week ago #62667

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 510
HotRod wrote:
Looks like I'm picking up another LED at least if they make it available. I love the idea of the Frost Blue.

You could always order a LED and request in the order comments that it be for a royal blue and white Hero LED, as as a SF CSR informed Kouri of in the past.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 8 months 6 days ago #62740

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38
DarthTtocs wrote:
No thanks, It feels more like a Hasbro than a battle saber.

I love the fact that SF sabers look like something that would actually be weilded on the field. With this one I just get a toy vibe.

I have to agree with Darth Ttocs on this one. While it is indeed very pretty, I don't get that 'battle hardened' vibe from it like I do my Venomous Fury or most of the other sabers. This one just seems impractical to me, like the other sabers with the claws on them.

But it is indeed very pretty and would make a great shelf trophy.

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 8 months 4 days ago #62921

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 55
I get what you guys are saying about it looking like a toy but that thing would be pretty sweet at a con or on halloween...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 8 months 4 days ago #62927

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 510
I feel like if they went with aluminum claws powder coated blue or polished super shiny silver like the accents on the body instead of the acrylic it wouldn't have a "toy" quality about it.

I can definitely see it working with various crossover cosplays. Perhaps a Lin Kuei Jedi?
[url]
[/url]
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 7 months 3 weeks ago #63556

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 222
They come with silver claws for dueling and the acrylic claws for display.

Indeed the frozen is strong with this saber, Mrs Isherwood had nothing but notes for me when we finished it. Turns out she wants a dif style body and for the finish PC white with weathering and a light grey wrap, she wants the next one to be something a white walker in GOT would use.

I hear what your saying about the claws but I think they look really cool, this might be one of those sabers you have to hold to appreciate but it made me want to do a run of polycarbonate claws.

Its not so crazy to think that you could have a saber with plasma claws, the flat profile shape of the dark saber shows that the magnetic containment field can be calibrated to produce a non tubular shape.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by SFGrandMaster-Phil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, TheWinterWild

Custom Frost Lotus Revealed 7 months 2 weeks ago #63719

• TheWinterWild
  • It's a dangerous business, going out of your door.
  • Thank you received: 1
I believe I would be too scared to duel with the saber. I'd hate to damage it by accident! I would be very excited to use it for cosplay/display, though.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Health scare (9 Posts)
    • Glad you're feeling better! We had this tear through our house the other month. Kind of the same...
    • ASP Switch Hole Size? (3 Posts)
    • More specifically, 12mm switches with 14mm heads. There are larger 12mm switches that won't fit, so...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (17 Posts)
    • So correct me if I'm wrong, but the Talon has a new emitter that's different from the Forsaken? IE...
    • Wait Times (3 Posts)
    • Also depends on whether you just ordered a normal hilt or if you added customization (ie powder...
    • Emitter 8c (5 Posts)
    • My apologies for not replying here sooner, busy week and checking the forums in the weekend isn't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 35