Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Customs Email Delay

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63322

• Knightfall_Survivor
  • Thank you received: 4
Since SaberForge has an email address for customs, I sent them an email with a question about something I would like to have done to a few sabers in the future. I have sent two emails so far. The first was sent months ago with no reply. I read that if they don't reply after a week to send it again. So, I sent another email two weeks ago and still have not gotten a response. What should I do? I don't want to spam their email with the same thing over and over again. Please help me out here. If you want me to post the email so they you can better understand, just say so.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63324

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 973
Knightfall_Survivor wrote:
Since SaberForge has an email address for customs, I sent them an email with a question about something I would like to have done to a few sabers in the future. I have sent two emails so far. The first was sent months ago with no reply. I read that if they don't reply after a week to send it again. So, I sent another email two weeks ago and still have not gotten a response. What should I do? I don't want to spam their email with the same thing over and over again. Please help me out here. If you want me to post the email so they you can better understand, just say so.

Since their customs shop has been dedicated to building legacy sabers for the ASP offering, I am not sure if anyone is watching the e-mail queue for that address. You might try inquiring to the regular CS address, and ask them about both the customs queue, and just so it is a good use of keystrokes, hit them with your custom question too. Never hurts to ask, right? Even if they are not able to answer the questions about customization, they might at least shed some light on the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. queue.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63325

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
Since SaberForge has an email address for customs, I sent them an email with a question about something I would like to have done to a few sabers in the future. I have sent two emails so far. The first was sent months ago with no reply.
Unfortunately, SF Customs is less responsive with emails now then they were in the past. Similarly on June 20 I sent an email to make an enquiry specific to the Limited Edition Crystal Hilts Listed in Trading Post after the Forum PMs went unreplied. Looking at my Outbox, they still sit as unread by the recipient. June 23 a short reply was received commenting with 'Happy to answer your Questions'. This was around the same time as the TSL Tournament. Extending benefit of doubt I followed up seeking answers to my actual questions (echoing the content of my Forum PM sent) rather than just an 'am happy to answer them' comment without actually answering them.
I read that if they don't reply after a week to send it again. So, I sent another email two weeks ago and still have not gotten a response.
This ordinarily applies to SFCS Main Site enquiries only. However it is considered normal to pursue an email when an acknowledgement or reply hasn't been received. Further to my attempts of communication above, June 28 I sent a follow-up to the previous follow-up and the reply didn't come until July 8, again with answers still incomplete.
What should I do?
Speaking with another Forum Member, high probability of success is returned if you are a Facebook subscriber. As it has shown that Forum PMs and emails direct to the nominated email address (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ) are low yielding, either Posting direct on Customs Facebook Page, PM direct on Customs Facebook Page or the two other Saberforge Facebook Pages will return a virtually immediate reply. I don't subscribe to Facebook so this wasn't explored on my part.

The other alternative you may try, since Etsy CS response time is exceptionally quick right now, is to make an enquiry via that medium using the 'Request Custom Order' Tab (shown below), fill out the following enquiry box (shown below) and submit your query. Sending an email to Main Site CS about Customs will return a redirection to email Customs.

If methods above return zero success, the only suggestion that can be made is: Relive SW Ep IV and create A New Hope, that someday a reply will come or cease pursuance of the intended work and expression of interest until an Official Announcement is made that communication and Commissions via Customs is open again.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63343

• Knightfall_Survivor
Even if they are not able to answer the questions about customization, they might at least shed some light on the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. queue.

I sent both emails to this address using my main gmail account.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63346

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 113
As far as I can tell, Daniel Lane is the only person who looks at the SF Customs emails, and I would surmise that it is likely that unless the subject line includes something about an ASP Legacy saber, or other custom project that is currently available (don't know of any others, but there may be some I don't know about) then it is less than likely to recieve an answer.

I don't know if Daniel is the only one working in the Customs division, but he is certainly much more busy than the people monitoring the regular customer service email, as not only does he need to check in on his emails, but also actually build lightsabers, most of which currently are entirely unique, and likely especially challenging builds.

Since Customs is not officially open currently, due to the aforementioned Legacy sabers, it could be possible any other emails are ignored or responded to in a very limited capacity.

As Ovrc mentioned, contacting via facebook is far more likely to garner results, for example, when I bought the Custom Crystal Reveal Guardian, I contacted Daniel directly through facebook, and he answered my questions within a matter of hours for the most part. Obviously, I do not adivse finding his Facebook account and messaging him, as the only reason I was messaging straight to him is because he posted the sale post on the Custom Lightsaber Owners group, and I messaged his personal account, not a business account. However, it does stand that it may be more likely to recieve answers if you message the SF Customs Facebook page, as I believe Daniel also runs that himself.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by TheGrandAdmiral.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63347

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Aaha. I supected they must have been really busy given I sent an email about a week ago and have not received a response. I didn't realize they were still playing catchup- on the legacy ASP sabers.

I can wait, I'm in no rush and I don't think the company will flounder before I get a reply when they have the time, hahaha.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63352

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
Zeddicuus wrote:
Aaha. I supected they must have been really busy given I sent an email about a week ago and have not received a response. I didn't realize they were still playing catchup- on the legacy ASP sabers.

I can wait, I'm in no rush and I don't think the company will flounder before I get a reply when they have the time, hahaha.

Not only playing catchup, but the indiegogo release of ASP (the current functioning version) has a legacy saber perk that was limited to 25, 5 of which have currently been purchased. So thats another 5 totally unique sabers to talk to customers to design, to build, and to continually go back and forth between the purchaser and the customs shop until what was desired is achieved.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by TheGrandAdmiral. Reason: My tired brain thought "functionion" was a word...

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63361

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
aaaaaah. I didn't read much into the indiegogo stuff they had going on since I was preocuppied with way too much stuff to try to order anything. Sounds like it would have been super cool to be able to have my own completely customized saber designed! Those people must be pretty stoked about that.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63362

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
Well, I mean, if you got a spare 1000 dollars, you too can get one, there are still 20 of the limited perk left :lol: Also, if you got a spare 1000 dollars want to give me some money? ;)

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63363

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
1000USD is too much for my Canadian blood! :blink:

Besides I have to get my wifey her Hero Tier before I even attempt to convince myself to spoil myself like that hahahaha.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63406

• Knightfall_Survivor
My request isn't that hard to do. It's not even anything on the exterior of the hilt. I wouldn't even call it a customization, more like a substitution. Here's the email I sent both times:

Hello, Saberforge.

I have a few questions in regards to the soundboards that you currently have available on your website. 1) For future reference, would it be at all possible to purchase one of your sabers with the old Neutrino soundboard? 2) If this is not possible, is there any way that I could change the soundboard that I bought the saber with, so that it has a soundboard resembling the Neutrino? 3) If the answer to the previous inquiry is yes, can you recommend any place that I could get the new soundboard? Although the Viridium and Crimsion soundboards are magnificent, in the future, I plan to get more sabers and don't want them all to sound like either a Sith Lord's lightsaber or Luke's second lightsaber from "Return of the Jedi." I would like them to sound more like the lightsabers in the Clone Wars, and the Neutrino is what I'm looking for. Thank you in advance for reading this and replying!

Maybe you guys can help me out with this, since it's clear that I probably won't be getting a response in a long time if not ever.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63407

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
Well, as far as I am aware, it is unlikely SF will provide any different soundboards to their in house Sabercore boards (Crimson and Viridium) or the Spark Colour 2 (Hero Tier Board) However, while I do not know of any pre installed soundboard that fits your criteria, there are several soundboards with customisable soundfonts that would work well. As far as I am aware, the Nano Biscotte is one of the cheaper ones available, and there will without doubt be a clone wars sound font you can obtain from one of the soundfont websites out there. I don't know of any soundboards other than the Sabercores that have one specific font (although I am sure there will be some in existance) but from what I can tell the NB is a decent work horse with 2 sound banks and stuff like that.

In terms of installation, I doubt SF Customs will do that for you (although when they properly open again you could ask) but there are a number of installers across the US, and I imagine a more limited number in Europe and other continents/countries, who would be happy to do that. My recommendation to get such sound fonts, if you are not tech savvy enough to install into your own empty hilt, would be to get in contact with a saber installer, ask if you can get SF to ship an empty hilt straight to them (unless you live in the US and shipping isn't so bad, but in my case living in the UK, I would get the hilt shipped to the installer, rather than have to pay 3 lots of international shipping) and ask them how much a different soundboard install would cost. If you don't want extras such as Flash on Clash, you could instead of ordering an initiate, order a warrior tier from etsy, and ask the installer to just get a soundboard in it, and in this way get a faster order for the saber and end up with your custom install done faster than waiting weeks for an empty from the main site.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by TheGrandAdmiral.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63410

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 510
The custom shop has done other soundboards for customers in the past, as well as non-SF hilts. Though that was when Justin ran it; not sure if it still holds true today.

I do agree with TGA that it may be best (and cheapest) to get an empty hilt (if you go with a PL board, since they work best out of the box with tri-LEDs) or a warrior off of Etsy (if you go with a NEC brand soundboard, since they work great with SF's quad-LEDs) and find another installer to put the soundboard you want in. Or if you plan on having more sabers in the future, learn how to do the installs yourself. It seems a bit daunting at first, but is really fun and satisfying!

Saberfont.com has some Clone Wars inspired fonts, but make sure it is compatible with the board you're using (it'll say Plector or NEC in the description).

And TGA, outside of MR/ForceFX/Black Series/toy saber soundboards, I believe the only other one that has a single set soundfont is the Pico Crumble by PL. They come in either "Lightmeat" or "Darkmeat".
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheGrandAdmiral

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63412

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
Thanks for all the clarifications JK. I wasn't sure how accurate my answers were as currently I don't know all that much about custom sabers, outside of what SF does as standard.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63422

• Knightfall_Survivor
I'm going to be totally honest here. I understood very little of what was just said. I apologize for my ignorance. I know that you're trying to help, but I just didn't get it. Can you spell it out for me like you would a child? Also, is there any possibility that SF might either bring back the Neutrino, or add a Neutrino-like soundboard to the options? Thanks and sorry again. :(
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Knightfall_Survivor. Reason: Capitalization error.

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63427

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
No problem.

Will SF bring back the Neutrino? No. The Sabercore (and the current 2.0 version) replaced it. There is a 3.0 in the works that will allow you to change the soundfonts (a.k.a. a set of lightsaber sounds) on it. There currently isn't an ETA on its release however.

So since you want your next lightsaber to sound different than either soundfont options (Viridian or Crimson) SF's Sabercore 2.0 offers, and since the Sabercore 2.0 can't have other soundfonts added to it, you'll need to either go with a Hero tier that utilizes the Spark Color 2 board (which among its numerous features, allows different soundfonts to be added), or get a soundboard from another maker.

And If you choose to go with a different soundboard than any of the 3 SF offers, you'll either have to pay SF's Custom Shop or an independent sabersmith to install it (like Shameem or Jordan Moll), or DIY it.

The main two makers of soundboards used in custom lightsabers are Plecter Labs and Naigon's Electronic Creations (NEC). NEC boards (Spark 2, Spark Color 2 that SF uses, and Igniter) work well with the 12w quad-LEDs SF uses, and all allow different soundfonts to be changed out on them. The boards are available on the NEC website if you'd like to learn more about them.

PL boards (Nano Biscotti, PRIZM, Petite Cruton, and the top of the line Crystal Focus) are also great, and allow different soundfonts as well, but work best with tri-Cree or tri-Rebel LEDs. The boards are available either on the PL website or The Custom Saber Shop if you are in the US.

Saberfont.com is a website that sells soundfonts that people have made and have been throughly tested to work on either PL or NEC products, and has several based on the Clone Wars show. But since NEC and PL boards work with sound files differently, the soundfont's description will say which brand of board it works with.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: missing words

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63438

• Knightfall_Survivor
Thanks, Jaden. That made things much clearer to me. I planned to get Luke's second lightsaber first to get it out of the way, because the Viridium is movie accurate. Then, get all the other ones I want from my Most Wanted List post in the Neutrino if it was possible. It is now apparent that I will have to wait it out and buy the rest of the sabers when a soundboard that better fits the sabers comes out. You guys have really been a huge help to me so far and I wish I could thank you in person. My only regret is that I can't help you at all, because you know so much more about the saber industry than myself. BTW, who's the Kel Dor on your profile pic?

Customs Email Delay 7 months 3 weeks ago #63442

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Don't worry about it; there's a lot of info to be absorbed in this hobby, and we've all learned from those who came before.

As for my profile pic, he's Jaden Korr, the player character from the game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. He's canonically (or was, since Disney wiped the old EU) a human male, but in the game the player could choose a male human, Rodian, or Kel Dorian, or a female human, Twi'Lek, or Zebrak.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Health scare (9 Posts)
    • Glad you're feeling better! We had this tear through our house the other month. Kind of the same...
    • ASP Switch Hole Size? (3 Posts)
    • More specifically, 12mm switches with 14mm heads. There are larger 12mm switches that won't fit, so...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (17 Posts)
    • So correct me if I'm wrong, but the Talon has a new emitter that's different from the Forsaken? IE...
    • Wait Times (3 Posts)
    • Also depends on whether you just ordered a normal hilt or if you added customization (ie powder...
    • Emitter 8c (5 Posts)
    • My apologies for not replying here sooner, busy week and checking the forums in the weekend isn't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 35