Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Custom Shop Availability?

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 weeks ago #64628

• ic3cold
  • Premium Member
  • Weaker than some, stronger than most
  • Thank you received: 92
Does anyone know if the Custom Shop will be re-opening? I see posts on the FB page, but I do not think they are taking new orders.
There must be both dark and light.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 weeks ago #64630

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
It's been very quiet on the custom shop front for awhile now. After Justin left they stopped taking commissions and transitioned to just doing ASP Legacy tier sabers. That's pretty much wrapped up. I suspect they've allocated resources elsewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ic3cold

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 weeks ago #64637

• JediLCD
  • Thank you received: 9
Wait?! So your saying there's a possibility of not ever getting the customs shop back? DANG IT

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 weeks ago #64639

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 113
h2soy wrote:
It's been very quiet on the custom shop front for awhile now. After Justin left they stopped taking commissions and transitioned to just doing ASP Legacy tier sabers. That's pretty much wrapped up. I suspect they've allocated resources elsewhere.

Unless you know something I don't, the Legacy tier sabers can't be wrapped up yet, with 5 of the 25 that were available in the pre shopsaberparts.com indiegogo release of asp having been bought. I don't know the size of the customs team or how long each of those unique sabers take, but I highly doubt those can be done by now.
JediLCD wrote:
Wait?! So your saying there's a possibility of not ever getting the customs shop back? DANG IT

Otherwise though, until we hear more it is possible the Customs resources may be directed elsewhere once those are finished, or they might simply open again like they used to be. The only real answer of any value other than speculative is: wait and see.

I will however say, that the last update I heard (although I can't source this I'm afraid) is that the intended re-opening was July-August, but being realistic because SaberForge is SaberForge, I would shunt that estimate to late this year-first quarter next year at least.
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by TheGrandAdmiral.

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 weeks ago #64651

• JediLCD
  • Thank you received: 9
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
[
JediLCD wrote:

Otherwise though, until we hear more it is possible the Customs resources may be directed elsewhere once those are finished, or they might simply open again like they used to be. The only real answer of any value other than speculative is: wait and see.

I will however say, that the last update I heard (although I can't source this I'm afraid) is that the intended re-opening was July-August, but being realistic because SaberForge is SaberForge, I would shunt that estimate to late this year-first quarter next year at least.

Wow, that is definitely a shot through the heart, I have been hoping for a custom consular for months, waiting for the re opening, thinking it would be soon. but I guess that does make sense that they would stop customs with ASP fully out and the need for other help. of course I didn't know that Justin left but I'm sure that signifies something, whether it be that they truly are done with customs, or just that Justin was moving on to bigger and better things... Hopefully it is just the latter but you never know since from what I have heard he is their main guy for customs.... Thanks for the info though

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 weeks ago #64653

• ic3cold
  • Premium Member
Thanks very much for the replies. I guess we wait and see. I want to do some custom work on my upcoming Phoenix. But I may just have to figure out how to remove the powder coating myself. I've read some details online and there is a spray / chemical that can remove it.

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 weeks ago #64662

• WookieeGunner
  • Thank you received: 11
From the grapevine I remember, so please assume this is pure rumor unless someone can verify it as fact, Justin left of his own accord and at the time the statement was that Daniel would be picking up the custom shop from Justin.

That being said, if they are down 50% of the manpower on the legacy stuff, it could take those a while.

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 weeks ago #64664

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1601
WookieeGunner wrote:
From the grapevine I remember, so please assume this is pure rumor unless someone can verify it as fact, Justin left of his own accord and at the time the statement was that Daniel would be picking up the custom shop from Justin.
There is pretty good accuracy with this ^^. There was a discussion Thread on it when the announcement was made but can't seem to locate it right now.

As for Customs Opening for Commissions again, up until a few Months back, Posts by FB Subscribers reported the following screen-grab from Customs Facebook Page. As a non subscriber, idk if there's any more info that can be shed.

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 weeks ago #64670

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 113
Ah so that's where I saw about the July-August reopening. Couldn't for the life of me remember. Still, as I said before, the only currently available course with no info coming from SF itself, is to wait and see. I personally find it unlikely that SF will completely close customs, as I imagine unique comissions are a good source of income, but hey, what do I know? Only time will tell.

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 5 days ago #65479

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 222
The customs shop will be opening up next month with a section of the SF website dedicated to it with saber smith bios and menu pricing for custom options such as crystal chambers, ito wrap, powder coating, shattered weathering, acid etching, laser etching, manual machining modifications, ect, as well as one off custom commissions.

Please keep in mind that true one off customs are an order of magnitude more time consuming to design and build than a production saber and commensurate costs will apply.
Last Edit: 9 months 5 days ago by SFGrandMaster-Phil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Greysider, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, HotRod, jonnys95s10, KiakahiSonic7

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 5 days ago #65487

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Grandmaster Phil bringing the good news!

2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 5 days ago #65488

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Excellent! Guess I'll wait a bit longer on my Kitetsu Katana saber!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 4 days ago #65533

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
Question just came to mind: if we'll be ordering custom stuff off the main site, does that mean that things like powder coats are going to be the 8-12 week wait of the mainsite plus the time taken for custom touches?

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 4 days ago #65542

• ic3cold
  • Premium Member
Thank for the update Phil :)

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 3 days ago #65595

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 222
No the custom add ons, pc ito wrap ect would be done during the original lead time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, RichellM, HotRod

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 3 days ago #65612

• RichellM
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
SFGrandMaster-Phil wrote:
No the custom add ons, pc ito wrap ect would be done during the original lead time.

Nice! Thanks for the answer, Phil!

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 3 days ago #65628

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
SFGrandMaster-Phil wrote:

**Waits impatiently to overload customs with bizzare design ideas popping in his head** so far I have 3 out of 6 ideas clearly shaped and for other 3 lets say I am just having too much concepts floating around :P in my mind soon it will be unleashed to world :P
Last Edit: 9 months 3 days ago by ukyavuz.

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 3 days ago #65629

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
That sounds mighty fine! Now if only we could get shorter site lead times, as well... :dry: :whistle:

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 days ago #65684

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 67
Just got a response on FB from the Customs page from a question I asked about a commission about 2 months ago. They said to "send it on in"! Does this mean they are finally back?!
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Custom Shop Availability? 9 months 2 days ago #65685

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 521
Brady329 wrote:
Just got a response on FB from the Customs page from a question I asked about a commission about 2 months ago. They said to "send it on in"! Does this mean they are finally back?!
Shhh first rule of Fight club!!! :lol: :dry: They are about to get swamped.

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5145
  • Latest Member: AlexMox
  • Total Posts: 55.6k
  • Total Topics: 4617
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5