Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Custom Shop Availability?

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 3 weeks ago #65697

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
One question I am worried about is how payment will be handled currently because of my government **** move there is no paypal access if it can be handled via etsy's custom request system or from main site with a specific credit card payment option it would be great.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #65885

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 222
Payment will be integrated with our main website, we will have standard custom addition items you can purchase to be added to a saber you are purchasing or one you are sending in.

For custom commissions payment will be made via the purchase of a gift card on the website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KiakahiSonic7

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #65889

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
Phil, for a relatively simple custom order, such as an all-black apprentice hilt, can this be done through the order comments or still go through the custom shop?

Also, noticed that Indigo is not an available LED colour in the drop down menu for apprentice hilts, can this be done through order comments as well?

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66045

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
Gnost-Dural wrote:
Phil, for a relatively simple custom order, such as an all-black apprentice hilt, can this be done through the order comments or still go through the custom shop?

Also, noticed that Indigo is not an available LED colour in the drop down menu for apprentice hilts, can this be done through order comments as well?

Yes both of those simple changes can just be requested in the order comments.

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66046

• Drahem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
SFGrandMaster-Phil wrote:
Payment will be integrated with our main website, we will have standard custom addition items you can purchase to be added to a saber you are purchasing or one you are sending in.

For custom commissions payment will be made via the purchase of a gift card on the website.

Woot.. No more paypal invoices
I own, Relic, Archons x2. Bane x2. Templar.

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66048

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1541
Gnost-Dural wrote:

Firstly, Thank you for your input on this ^^, I really am. While I'd like to be happy with reading it, I really would, inconsistencies have demonstrated otherwise. From January, what was Yes, it could be done (as reported and verified by other Owners) wasn't recognised by Customer Service so became No as a result. This continued to be No, right up to the surfacing of one that resulted from a Yes but conditional to selective Elites only. Enquiries with Customer Service then verified as a continued and repeated No and when it was revisited again shortly after, it became a Yes, selective to some of the some Elites only but still not the Apprentices. :huh: :blink:

If a request is made in Order Comments, is specific wording required to be entered to ensure that Customer Service (who process the Order) will recognise it and supply the Hilt(s) regardless of Apprentice/Elite (or even Crossguards/Crystals) in the All-Black Finish and be supplied as requested?

*I recognise that this Topic is in Customs however the query Posted (and answered) reasons that this particular finish is available outside of Customs, where all queries made to-date have been re-directed to.

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66099

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
OvrcAHst wrote:
Gnost-Dural wrote:

Firstly, Thank you for your input on this ^^, I really am. While I'd like to be happy with reading it, I really would, inconsistencies have demonstrated otherwise. From January, what was Yes, it could be done (as reported and verified by other Owners) wasn't recognised by Customer Service so became No as a result. This continued to be No, right up to the surfacing of one that resulted from a Yes but conditional to selective Elites only. Enquiries with Customer Service then verified as a continued and repeated No and when it was revisited again shortly after, it became a Yes, selective to some of the some Elites only but still not the Apprentices. :huh: :blink:

If a request is made in Order Comments, is specific wording required to be entered to ensure that Customer Service (who process the Order) will recognise it and supply the Hilt(s) regardless of Apprentice/Elite (or even Crossguards/Crystals) in the All-Black Finish and be supplied as requested?

*I recognise that this Topic is in Customs however the query Posted (and answered) reasons that this particular finish is available outside of Customs, where all queries made to-date have been re-directed to.

I just spoke with the CSR lead and made sure she was aware that any saber we make that we anodize in black can be ordered in all black if the customer requests it in the order comments for no extra fee or processes.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by SFGrandMaster-Phil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ic3cold

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66100

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
Customs Shop Update

Here is an update on what we are currently working on in customs and the timeline to launch.

We are ordering a larger supply of all of our consumables so we won't have any stock related delays when we launch. We are estimating 2-3 weeks for all of our supplies to arrive. We have ordered ito wrap in fabric and leather in multiple colors so we can offer a full range of katana style wraps to any body section that can take a leather wrap. We have also expanded our inventory of powder coat colors and will offer a wide range of single and multi coat finishes.

We are also working on doing runs of custom processes so we can time ourselves and develop flat rate pricing for each service we will be offering, crystal chambers, ito wrapping, shattered weathering, powder coating, laser and acid etching, custom etched leather wraps, ect.

Our plan is to have the customs section integrated on our website by the end of Sept or sooner. This section will have product listings for standard custom services that can be purchased along with our regular sabers. We will have the same listing on the ASP site as well.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by SFGrandMaster-Phil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, Eddlyss64, HotRod, Kouri, ic3cold

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66105

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 205
Excellent excellent news, Phil. This is getting me more and more excited for my future Katana saber(s)...

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66107

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 973
OvrcAHst wrote:
Gnost-Dural wrote:

I just spoke with the CSR lead and made sure she was aware that any saber we make that we anodize in black can be ordered in all black if the customer requests it in the order comments for no extra fee or processes.

Vindication at last! Now I don't feel like including the "All Black" information in the FAQ was a bad idea. B) :P ;)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66108

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 434
This will make Saberforge the best optioned saber smith on the planet!

Unlike fellow members who like an all black hilt, I prefer an all high polished one. I like them shiny!
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, ic3cold

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66109

• ic3cold
  • Premium Member
  • Weaker than some, stronger than most
  • Thank you received: 92
This is awesome! Can't wait. Looking to have some work done on my Phoenix to make it shiny, do some work on the pommel and add some Graflex pins :)
There must be both dark and light.

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66110

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 277
Execute66 wrote:
This will make Saberforge the best optioned saber smith on the planet!

I agree. Phil/SF has raised the bar in this community/hobby. Kudos.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66114

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Customs Shop Update

Here is an update on what we are currently working on in customs and the timeline to launch.

We are ordering a larger supply of all of our consumables so we won't have any stock related delays when we launch. We are estimating 2-3 weeks for all of our supplies to arrive. We have ordered ito wrap in fabric and leather in multiple colors so we can offer a full range of katana style wraps to any body section that can take a leather wrap. We have also expanded our inventory of powder coat colors and will offer a wide range of single and multi coat finishes.

We are also working on doing runs of custom processes so we can time ourselves and develop flat rate pricing for each service we will be offering, crystal chambers, ito wrapping, shattered weathering, powder coating, laser and acid etching, custom etched leather wraps, ect.

Our plan is to have the customs section integrated on our website by the end of Sept or sooner. This section will have product listings for standard custom services that can be purchased along with our regular sabers. We will have the same listing on the ASP site as well.

Oh can I be a test dummy for said processes? I have around 6 very different and interesting (from my perspective anyway) ideas I will be knocking on customs door with. One question though I know it is mostly a curved ball but can custom shop do different AV switches as well? Like some sort of symbol or initials of a name like K.Y. to be lit? Also can crstals be shaped like ball or hedron or prymid?

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66117

• OvrcAHst
Brax wrote:
Vindication at last! Now I don't feel like including the "All Black" information in the FAQ was a bad idea. B) :P ;)
Reading this suggests that you perceived the suspicion rested with you? :lol: On the contrary. Having two to demonstrate with Dark Reliant and Dark Fall, it most certainly wasn't. There was no challenge to the inclusion in the FAQs either rather the method required to execute in order to achieve the desired finish. If you'll recall, even your first reference within Dark Reliant's Introduction referenced 'should' work without certainty and conflict still occurred with SFCS that later excluded Reliant. The application to Apprentice Hilts also were excluded. The problem that existed was being informed through the Forums Pages that it can be done but then met with denial & rejection with CS that processes the Order.

It would appear, that the knowledge and availability of, is now united without confusion. Still, as something that is now Officially available, surely it would make sense to have it enabled as a DropBox selection rather rely on entry of notes. Imagine the confusion of text during Promotions when items are claimed this very way and if CS Personnel overlook the note, they will refer to the default selected DropBox Option. An unnecessary excursion via RMA will just result that will just add to the total Shipping time and remove from actual enjoyment time.

Execute66 wrote:
Unlike fellow members who like an all black hilt, I prefer an all high polished one. I like them shiny!
Guilty! Black or Dirty or both or mixed. :lol: A shiny Hilt marries well with a brightly lit blade that simply shimmers against the backdrop of a pool, right? :P
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66120

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 434
OvrcAHst wrote:
A shiny Hilt marries well with a brightly lit blade that simply shimmers against the backdrop of a pool, right? :P

Spot on. Good idea actually, I never thought of that to be honest. :P

This one is what I have in mind, the type of finish.

"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by Execute66.

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66121

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
This one is what I have in mind, the type of finish.
Respect. :whistle: That'll make a nice complimenting piece to your polished Phoenix. It's only been about 8Months (with a few other Hilts in between) but the Ahsoka TCW will be complete. What colour would you get (either to) match against Cyan or as a standalone piece?

One of the primary reasons I never went for those specific Hilts that had the media blasted finish that made it all Christmassy. Just don't like it. Silver Knight started that way much like (and still are) Ka'Tano, Phoenix, Reborn, Vigilant (got a feeling I'm missing another). I reckon if the remaining became the SK default now, it would create more options and appeal and simultaneously lessen a (possible build log) trip through Customs for a strip and high Polish.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66124

• WookieeGunner
  • Thank you received: 11
Customs Shop Update

We have also expanded our inventory of powder coat colors and will offer a wide range of single and multi coat finishes.

If I may suggest, I think powder coating the etching of the Archon might be popular.

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66125

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 973
I think there was some mention of Acid Etching in Phil's post, which is something totally new, if memory serves. I am looking forward to seeing a Grand Master set done in the fashion of the ones we have only seen from KR Sabers. I am sure it ain't gonna be cheap, but at very least the shipping will be much less than having to send to Great Britain.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Custom Shop Availability? 6 months 2 weeks ago #66147

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
Mirror polished finish with high gloss clear powder coat to protect it will be something we offer at launch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New and Upcoming from Phi... (13 Posts)
    • [attachment]
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (13 Posts)
    • My favorites are the Prodigy and Renegade. When is the next SF sale? :lol:
    • [FOR SALE $395USD] V2 CR ... (2 Posts)
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment]
    • [FOR SALE $395USD] V2 CR ... (2 Posts)
    • FOR SALE: V2 (weathered) Crystal Reveal Prodigal Son Price: $395USD Including Express Shipping....
    • Payment types? (1 Posts)
    • Sorry I didn't see any other forum better suited to this. I was looking into taking advantage of...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4709
  • Latest Member: Rebzyawag
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 24
  • Yesterday Answer: 41