Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch?

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71077

• PhoenixKid56
  • Thank you received: 5
I already bought a Venomous Fury but in the future I may want to try to make th eMonarch, but I dont want it to be a crystal saber, not a huge fan of it plus I want to dual with it and if i remember correctly its not dual worthy, so I figured "Hey I bet the parts to it are on the saber parts list and website" I looked and cant find them all, is it possible to make one without the crystal in it and it be dual worthy?
In the end, it doesnt really matter, does it?

Venomous Fury Weathered Champion 12+w Crimson Purple 37'
Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by PhoenixKid56.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vechaljian

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71080

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 168
I duel with mine, but they will not warranty it for dueling, you can't only get the body and pommel for a monarch via asp, you can get the graflex emitter it would be semi close the switch section a avenger or fury might work.

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71083

• PhoenixKid56
Vechaljian wrote:
I duel with mine, but they will not warranty it for dueling, you can't only get the body and pommel for a monarch via asp, you can get the graflex emitter it would be semi close the switch section a avenger or fury might work.

Shame...I hope they will make this possible in the future, honestly they have an amazing design here, just dont like the crystal...nor the price honestly, lol

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71084

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 856
Hi all,

Not sure what you guys think of this set up, it uses the Monarch Pommel, Body, Switch 10 and the Graflex Emitter. The switch section looks as if a chamber may have been on the saber but has since been covered over. You could also rig up something to replicate the block on top of the saber with the three grooves (basically the spine of the Monarch's chamber section) to sit over the switches.

kind regards,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71085

• PhoenixKid56
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi all,

Not sure what you guys think of this set up, it uses the Monarch Pommel, Body, Switch 10 and the Graflex Emitter. The switch section looks as if a chamber may have been on the saber but has since been covered over. You could also rig up something to replicate the block on top of the saber with the three grooves (basically the spine of the Monarch's chamber section) to sit over the switches.

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Thank you, thats almost like it and what i was going for, i just dont like the version of the emitter they only offer, but it does look like it, thank you

The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71086

• PhoenixKid56
I did make a mix of the Reliant and Monarch parts, since im pretty sure the Reliant is the sabers that Starkiller uses in the 2nd game(please correct me if im wrong) , I call it, The Betrayed or The Forsaken whichever more fits how Starkiller was so easily tossed to keep the Way of 2 or whatever that is called where there can only be 2 sith

Its just the Monarch Pommel, Body, and Reliant emitter and switch, I honestly like it, i would of gotten it if the monarch parts were available at the time

Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: inserted image

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71087

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi again,

The only other choice would be Emitter three I think. It would give you more scope to modify it (you'd need to add Bunny Ears and Graflex Pins etc). Emitter three is slightly shorter but using a coupler between the switch and emitter lengthens it a little. The result should look a bit like this.

For Tyeth

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71088

• PhoenixKid56
Interesting...but what did you think of whta I made?

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71089

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi PhoenixKid56,

Yes that looks good, the Reliant switch has the look of a Monarch switch with the faux activation box. I just knocked up the two versions I did to give you an idea or two. At the end of the day the decision is yours which way you go (and dependant on what's in stock!).

The Rule of Two, introduced by Darth Bane and Darth Zannah is the Sith power share scheme.
And sorry I didn't see your post at first, they sometimes take a minute or two to upload and I had started typing a new comment when it appeared.

For Tyeth

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71090

• PhoenixKid56
Yea it happens, also the Reliant is based off of Starkillers lightsabers in the 2nd game right? I honestly cant remember

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71092

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi,

I seem to remember another sabersmith making a run of TFU2 hilts that looked very similar but I'm not 100% sure. I'm afraid I'm too busy designing sabers to play games using them nowadays :)

For Tyeth

EDIT: Just Googled the TFU2 box art and Starkiller does have sabers that look like the Reliant.
Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by For Tyeth. Reason: Added exta info on TFU2

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71096

• PhoenixKid56
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi,

I seem to remember another sabersmith making a run of TFU2 hilts that looked very similar but I'm not 100% sure. I'm afraid I'm too busy designing sabers to play games using them nowadays :)

For Tyeth

EDIT: Just Googled the TFU2 box art and Starkiller does have sabers that look like the Reliant.

Thank you

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 4 weeks ago #71101

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1608
PhoenixKid56 wrote:
in the future I may want to try to make the Monarch, but I dont want it to be a crystal saber, not a huge fan of it plus I want to dual with it. Is it possible to make one without the crystal in it and it be dual worthy?
Yep. It's something you'll have to explore through SF Customs unless you build your own variation through ASP.

For example, discussed here.

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 3 weeks ago #71480

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 552
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi all,

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Very sleek looking. The Monarch body may feel a little sharp depending on how intense you grip the hilt / for what purpose. It does look very nice.
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 3 weeks ago #71488

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Execute66,

You guys and gals have an advantage over me as I don't have access to the real parts/hilts, so I don't know how sharp/smooth they are IRL . I just come up with ideas based on what the parts "appear" to be like and how they would fit together. This one developed from my Stardust-Galen Erso inspired hilt I recently designed and posted.

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Making a Non Crystal Saber Monarch? 6 months 3 weeks ago #71494

• PhoenixKid56
Execute66 wrote:
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi all,

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Very sleek looking. The Monarch body may feel a little sharp depending on how intense you grip the hilt / for what purpose. It does look very nice.

It does seem like it will but half the time ill be wearing gloves when i wield my sabers, and hopefully this kind too, so i wont have to worry, but the original, aka StarKillers in the game isnt sharp its smooth, just google image it and you will see it, no big deal really

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Boston Comic Con (15 Posts)
    • Some astromechs [attachment] Meet Master Luke and his newest Padawan [attachment] And a Dark Jedi...
    • Boston Comic Con (15 Posts)
    • Escaped the cell block thru the garbage shut. [attachment] Kidnapped an imperial officer that...
    • blade size (1 Posts)
    • I like the look of the Acolyte shoto. With a 32 inch blade, dose anyone know if it's off balance...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5467
  • Latest Member: UnipokerKew
  • Total Posts: 57.6k
  • Total Topics: 4810
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 26