Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Custom ASP powder coats

Custom ASP powder coats 5 months 3 weeks ago #72737

• justanartist
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi everyone,
I have some questions that I've emailed to SaberForge Customs, but I'm sure they're VERY busy, and haven't gotten back to me yet. So, I wanted to post it on the forum to see if any of you might know.

Many of the ASP parts are made from multiple pieces. I don't know if the parts are assembled before coming to SF or if they're assembled by SF themselves. To that point, can individual pieces of a part be custom powder coated or only the assembled piece?

For example: Body piece 6 is made of an inner piece with grooves/rings cut into it, and an outer sheath with an "oval" design and a "window" cut out to see the inner piece. Can the inner ringed piece be powder coated prior to being put together? Or, can only the part of the ringed piece that shows through the window be coated after the piece is assembled?

I hope I described that well enough. I've also tried to attach an image.

Thanks!

I have a bad feeling about this.
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by justanartist.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Custom ASP powder coats 5 months 3 weeks ago #72835

• justanartist
By the way. Tom did get back to me and, if I understood him correctly, then it is possible to have individual pieces of the same ASP part powder coated separately. He indicated you could request that in the notes portion of a standard order. So, I assume that means it would not need to be a customs request.

Good info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KelbornX, =Ottomatix=, Dewstroyer

Custom ASP powder coats 5 months 3 weeks ago #72858

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 531
This is for a single color per part, correct? Need to find out if there will be a possibility to do multiple color treatments on some of the parts that would allow it. Example your body 6, with a red sub hilt and a black chrome outer. Would that have to be ordered via the custom shop, since there's no option for a second finish per part, on the standard site. Just curious, as to why they haven't offered this option, or if its even been considered. So many parts and color options dangled, but the information is elusive as a carrot on a string. :blush: :dry:

Custom ASP powder coats 5 months 3 weeks ago #72859

• justanartist
That does sound more involved. I could have misinterpreted Custom's reply. I asked about a different part and I also asked about powder coating over the standard (silver & black) finish.

Here is my original email:
"I'm very interested in the sabers from SaberForge, and especially the Adaptive Saber Parts. However, since I'm not very familiar with how you're parts are assembled or powder coating, I have a few questions.

Can you take an ASP part that has the standard finish and power coat over the top of it in a transparent color (like transparent copper or brass)? If so, does the black still come through?

Several of the ASP parts are made from multiple pieces. Can the individual pieces be custom powder coated before they're assembled, or only the entire assembled part? For example, Emitter 10 is made of an interior emitter and an exterior shroud, and the standard finish is black & aluminum. Can the interior emitter be powder coated in a custom color (like copper or brass) and the shroud still have the standard black & aluminum?

Would something like that be possible by selecting a custom finish on the site, and providing comments at checkout? Or would that need to be a custom quote request? If it needs to be a custom quote, can you estimate a quote from the info/questions I've provided in this email?"

And here is the response from SaberForge Customs

"My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Short answer is yes, just be sure to include what you want in the notes with the order. Having one part powder coated and the other part not will, however, give the part a somewhat uneven finish, since the powder coated section will be glossier."
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by justanartist.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Boston Comic Con (15 Posts)
    • Some astromechs [attachment] Meet Master Luke and his newest Padawan [attachment] And a Dark Jedi...
    • Boston Comic Con (15 Posts)
    • Escaped the cell block thru the garbage shut. [attachment] Kidnapped an imperial officer that...
    • blade size (1 Posts)
    • I like the look of the Acolyte shoto. With a 32 inch blade, dose anyone know if it's off balance...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5467
  • Latest Member: UnipokerKew
  • Total Posts: 57.6k
  • Total Topics: 4810
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 26