Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Custom Fury

Custom Fury 9 months 1 week ago #74465

• KingxJ45
  • Thank you received: 2
I was wondering, I'm looking at trying to create a single grip double saber. For example, I was looking at something similar to Exar Kun's saber. His was a single bladed lightsaber capable of editing a SECOND blade out of the pommel.

My question being, is it possible to customize the Saberforge Fury lightsaber so it would have two emitters plus LEDs, one on either end and still remain a single hilt?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SurudoiKi

Custom Fury 9 months 1 week ago #74469

• buzz_oates
  • Thank you received: 15
I guess you could have 1 fury body, 2 fury switches, 2 fury emitters , one champion kit, two leds
wiring these things up would be a pain though, you might have to use other electronics from other sites. you also might need to buy a small staff coupler to vent out the sound and one of the 1 - 4 couplers to attach the staff coupler to the rest of the hilt. It could be possible, but you'd need to figure out the electronic situation before doing anything. I'm sure Jas-Ot could help you with what to do with the electronics. I hope you start and finish this project successfully, it would be very interesting to see something like this be made.
Follow me on Twitch!

Custom Fury 9 months 1 week ago #74472

• KingxJ45
Alright so heres the rough sketch:

The Exar Mk.01:
1 Gladius Emitter
1 Vengance Emitter
1 Gladius Body
1 Redeemer Switch
1Sinister Prophecy Switch

Custom Fury 9 months 1 week ago #74475

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1002
Hi KingxJ45, Darth Ceadus,

I posted this design based on Exar's single grip double blade a little while ago, but reading your post I decided to modify it.
This is the Exar Kun version with claws..

And this is a version with twin Fury emitters..

I am sure this could be wired up somehow but I put two vented couplers in the design for sound.
I will watch this thread to see how you get on.

For Tyeth

Custom Fury 9 months 1 week ago #74477

• buzz_oates
  • Thank you received: 15
For Tyeth's XR's Fury design seems like the most possible option here (You can switch out the fury emitters with your Vengeance and Gladius if you like) but you might need two switch sections if you are to order this in champion edition unless you can find out if its possible to just order one champion kit and 2 LEDs and switches and find out if you can wire them up to the champion kit.
Follow me on Twitch!
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Custom Fury 9 months 1 week ago #74479

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 444
It would be possible, but electronics would be tight, especially if you run it off of two soundboards. With one board, you may be able to jerry-rig it with one blade running off of the main board, and the other blade running off of a crossguard module. That should save some space, and possibly allow you to fit another battery inside to boost runtime.

Depending on the length of the body piece used, you could dremel out holes in the body for the speaker. That would eliminate the need for a vented staff coupler, and put your speaker more in the middle of the hilt.

Using the Fury emitter as a base, per your OP, here's my mock-up for sound:

Gladius switches to give extra length for the electronics, plus I just like how recessed the switches are in them (prevents you from hitting them accidentally while handling). A M/F Coupler 2 between each switch and the body to give extra length for electronics (if needed). ASP 02 Body; fits the feel of the saber well since it's similar in design to the Fury body, it's symmetrical, and being 6" long should give plenty of room for electronics. You can dremel holes in the middle of the body to vent sound.

Now.... all of THAT said.... if you're doing this build WITHOUT sound, then it gets MUCH easier. All you need to worry about then is space for two switches, maybe a recharge port, and the batteries. Without sound there's much less wiring (thus less internal space needed for cram-fu), and you don't have to worry about a speaker.

So, here's my mock-up if you're doing this with NO sound. No couplers, and Gladius switches are swapped for the Fury switches. Both blades could be run off of one battery pack and one switch, though someone else could probably better tell you how many batteries that you could stuff in there. A recharge port could be added as well, so you don't need to take the saber apart and remove the batteries to charge.

The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, SurudoiKi, KingxJ45

Custom Fury 9 months 1 week ago #74480

• KingxJ45
Thank you all for the suggestions and help. I'm still sticking with the original idea so KelbornX and Tyeth thank you for the component recommendations. I've got a shopping cart full of the parts, I'm ordering EXTRA batteries AND housing units for them just in case to see what I can cram in there (just for experimental reasons). I'm gonna make both sabers in the long run, but I'll definitely post a few pictures once I get the parts and build it up. Also I'll give some info as to what does and does not fit. Again thank you so much, this was MOST helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Custom Fury 9 months 1 week ago #74482

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1002
Hi All,

The beauty of my design is you can add extra couplers to adjust the length. Thanks have to go out to fellow member drgolds for the idea of building a hilt body with couplers!
I was also wondering if a double tactile switch could be rigged to run two legs off the soundboard to control both blades independently (acting like a junction/splitter) so you have a double tactile in one switch hole and the recharge port in the second hole. And would it be possible to press BOTH tactiles at the same time as a single press to light both blades together.

Just some ideas,

For Tyeth

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Return of The Jedi - Blue... (1 Posts)
    • Has anyone seen this before? When I first watched it this morning I thought it was actually real...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (19 Posts)
    • Quote: I kind of want to see what a curved cross guard would look like Curved double crossguard sabers....
    • Linear Containment Blade?... (3 Posts)
    • Looks like the horn of a unicorn... Also, from the name, I'd say it will look more "defined", with...
    • Curved ASP parts info fro... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Over in the Custom Lightsaber Owners Facebook group, Thomas Snyder had some new info about curved...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (19 Posts)
    • Guess I'll have to cheat the state for some hundred bucks on my tax return...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6458
  • Latest Member: Saatchi
  • Total Posts: 64.2k
  • Total Topics: 5440
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 39