Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem.

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #77972

• Ravyen
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello there.

Im asking myself if this is possible.
My problem with this idea is following.
I created my first saber on the Saberforge Page, and i want to create a Saber Staff, with to short Shoto Blades, the idea is that the holding space is longer than common.
I chose a Gloss White Powder for the Finish hilt, with no Sound, it should get to the point of a Stunt Saber, for Spinning.
My problem is that i dont know, how i could connect the stuff without getting it looking ugly, because of the Colourchange.
The couplers on the Site dont have the option to chose Gloss White Powder as Colour option for them.
i alreade asked myself if i could use a spear Extension with some couplers to fix that problem, cause these are the only ones that seem to have a Color option, i need to be able to hold the Staff in the center for Spins.

Maybe somone here in the Forums has an Idea how to fix that mess. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #77977

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 365
Which coupler are you looking at? Couplers 1-4 have powder coating options. I'm assuming you're looking at the other three, which don't. Still, they may be willing to powder coat one of them for you. You can always e-mail them and ask.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

It may take a day or two to get a response back, but it would be worth it to find out if you can get exactly what you want.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravyen

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #77979

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 572
@Ravyen the custom shop will white powder a coupler for you. Go to the main page and send them a quote.

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #77980

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 543
In addition to the Request-a-Quote Form on the main site, you can also visit the SF Customs Shop on Facebook.

The ASP Couplers could be an option, but they'd give you no option for sound later unless you drill sound vents into them. Those couplers are available with Male/Male, Male/Female, or Female/Female threads. These would actually fit better than the actual "staff couplers", since those are actually have quite a narrow Outer Diameter.

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #77991

• Ravyen
Ah dang, i should read my Posts before submiting.
I chose a Sentinel 2x (but not quite sure about the emitter yet), not two Shoto Sabers, may i correct myself.
But the shortest Blades i could take to buid a staff.
So would you recommend if wanna build a long pole/staff to directly contact them with the Questions.
Thank you very much for the quick Help.

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #77995

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Okay, so the Sentinel is an Apprentice hilt and they have a smaller Outer Diameter (OD) than the ASP/Elite hilts. The Apprentices are 1.35" at the widest parts, while the ASP/Elites are 1.5". The Apprentice and Shoto sabers are also a solid body; only the pommel is removable on them*.

The ASP Couplers are the same OD as the ASP/Elite sabers so they will have a noticeable lip/edge when used with an Apprentice saber.

Your best option with the Apprentice hilts is using one of the actual Staff Coupler (which are smaller OD and have slots for sound). Since you want that part to be powder coated, I would send that request to the Customs Shop.

*yes, you can remove the emitters from the thin neck Apprentice hilts

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #78026

• Ravyen
Okay, so far then.
Thats very usefull information to get to the right Saber Hilt.
I think i changed my mind and switched from the Sentinel to the Dissident cause of the OD, i want it to have a fluent passage to the Hilts.

And want to ad an Epoch Emitter, cause the Dissident Emitter isnt the one i wanna go with.
The Eopoch, itself has no leather Wrap, but fits my Actual Saber taste. I think it would be possible to add one as i have seen on the Site, on the Epoch Saber itself also, but it dont think that would look as good as on the Dissident at all.

So, the small Adapters seem good, but i think that i need enough grip to Spin my complete Staff at the Center, and i dont know if the Staff parts would get in the way or not, think so beauce the "Coupler Staff Long" has a lenght of 10 cm/4In per coupler. So maybe i have to connect two of them.
The other option i am thinking about, is to use a Spear extension, but i dont know if you could remove the Pommel of the ASP to connect it with the two finished sabers on bothe Sides.

As you already mentioned, for the sound, i have to drill vents, but i think that would be not that much of a Problem so far in the future.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Ravyen.

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #78031

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
It seems like you may wish to spend a few hours in the ASP Virtual Saber Builder ;)

If you want to replace the Dissident Emitter with the Epoch Emitter, it may be best to go with ASP parts instead of buying the Dissident Elite hilt and then the Epoch Emitter as extra.

Here's a mockup of what your staff could look like in the ASP Builder. For Tyeth and I each have our own crazy ways of fiddling with that to get some oddball designs like this to work with the limitations of the builder.

http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=7.152.15.0-1.15.1.0-2.56.1.0-3.104.1.22-9.158.1.0-3.104.1.22-2.56.1.0-1.15.1.0-7.152.15.0

This is using: 2 Epoch Emitter, 2 Dissident Switch, 2 Reliant Body, and a M/M Coupler 4.

I didn't like how narrow the grip is on the Dissident Body; it doesn't flow as nicely. The builder measures this at 24" with no blades, so you probably won't need any other extension pieces. 26" blades are also the shortest in the builder, and with those it comes to 6' 6". If you add sound later, you can drill or mill out the slots in the Coupler 4.

And if you DO want it longer than that... here's with another M/M Coupler 4 and an ASP Body 02 added in the middle.

http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=5.142.0.0-7.152.15.0-1.15.1.0-2.56.1.0-3.104.1.22-9.158.1.0-3.78.1.0-9.158.1.0-3.104.1.22-2.56.1.0-1.15.1.0-7.152.15.0-5.142.0.0

Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by KelbornX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, Ravyen

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #78032

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1089
Hi Ravyen, KelbornX,

I agree with KelbornX, a few hours using the ASP Builder would help you to decide the exact look you are going for and which parts may be needed.

And thanks for the acknowledgement KelbornX, much appreciated. (You may find a similar nod to you in my next article at my place!)

For Tyeth

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #78064

• Ravyen
Wow, thanks alot, as i said i am rly rly new to the saberscene and a total noob specially when it comes to shortcuts and Forum's. So i will give myself a little Asskick and read myself in to the whole thing. I also thought about buying a Graflex Kit First to work myself into the Electronics (Offtopic)

So i am very sorry to made you answer my question, i just found out today, that i have to read a lot of stuff before i rush into the saberscene: Because my knowledge is on complete beginner lvl, and as u may know by yourself as you startet it can be hard, to find the right place to start. And ask the right Quesitons, but thank you very much, this gives me a push forward to work myself into this hobby. Was a little bit lost about where to start and look for the right place to ask questions.

Just figured out today, that without the knowledge about the electronics, drilling, and so forth, i may do some overrushed decisions that will cause me to frustration. Thanks so much for your Time and Effort towards my Thread and the nice welcome on your Forum, i am sure i will get some of my first Sabers here, if i worked myself in. This hobby gets me Excited more and more, the more i read each day, i see this will get me a lot of fun.

Again thanks a lot and sry for opening a thread and using your time. Just didnt know how to figure out wich direction a wanna go before i buy something with a headless rush. I just figured out it not fullfilling my needs to just buy one, i wanna build one from the start first. I will keep in mind what you guys showed me, so i hope this wasnt a complete timethief. I am so sry :(
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Ravyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #78069

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
It's all good, man. We all have to start somewhere. This can be a pretty complicated hobby and it is definitely recommended to research research research before jumping into it. And I honestly don't mind playing in the ASP Builder making designs for people... it's fun!

Saber staff with two Shoto Blades, Colour Problem. 8 months 1 week ago #78072

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1089
Hi Ravyen,

You're welcome! Take your time and read some of the other threads on the forum and things will become more clear to you. This way you will get the saber that you would really like and your effort will be worth it.

And like KelbonX, I too enjoy using the ASP Builder and have made a few ASP designs for people (about 300 designs).

I will be around if you need advice,

For Tyeth

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (35 Posts)
    • From a business standpoint I see why they do this. but at the same time, from a business standpoint,...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (18 Posts)
    • the only one you unzip is the file you download from Saberforge. leave everything else inside the...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (18 Posts)
    • Any help would be great bud , you have already been of more help than anyone I know
    • Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (35 Posts)
    • Quote: doubt anyone is on deviant art or gaiaonline, so yeah, YouTube and Facebook is where you'll find me!...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.3k
  • Total Topics: 5830
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 67
  • Yesterday Answer: 45