Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Crystal Monarch Modification

Crystal Monarch Modification 2 months 1 week ago #81902

• unknownname1206
This has been troubling me for quite some time, now.
I wanted a Saber that was unique to me; however no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't design my own and instead kept looking back at the Crystal Monarch. If I can't customize my own, I will personalize this one.
So my question is this: What are my options as far as making modifications to the Crystal Monarch? Can I remove the crystal and replace it with one of my own? Can I have the hilt engraved with writing? Literally anything you can think of, no matter how small, can be of use to me here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crystal Monarch Modification 2 months 4 days ago #82167

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 670
I think you would have to be quite skilled to modify the built in crystal chamber. You will void the Saberforge Warranty if you do that, so keep that in mind. Things that people do are install their preferred soundboards/font, maybe etch/paint/weather the surface. What experience do you have with saber building?
"I am the Senate"

Crystal Monarch Modification 2 months 4 days ago #82169

• Major_Tom
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
The possibilities through the custom saber shop are virtually endless, you can ask them to inscribe the saber with the jedi code if you are light-side inclined, or "Jedi drool Sith rool" "Vader rules lightside drools". As well as any specifics in terns of finish or design you had in mind

*Edit by Ben Solo
The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion
Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Major_Tom.

Crystal Monarch Modification 2 months 4 days ago #82175

• unknownname1206
I am not experienced in Sabers specifically, but I do tinker a fair bit. I plan on getting Champion, so changing the Font isn't very exciting or special.
If I painted it, should I ask the makers to paint it for me, or should I paint it myself?

Crystal Monarch Modification 2 months 4 days ago #82177

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 670
unknownname1206 wrote:
I am not experienced in Sabers specifically, but I do tinker a fair bit. I plan on getting Champion, so changing the Font isn't very exciting or special.
If I painted it, should I ask the makers to paint it for me, or should I paint it myself?

Sf has custom services. You will need to email them about special paint jobs/any customization. They might take a little longer to respond as I imagine they are very busy. (I am awaiting on a Legacy Monarch that I ordered almost five months ago). Do you painting it? If you are confident with what you do, then you might be more inclined to attend to it yourself.
"I am the Senate"

Crystal Monarch Modification 2 months 3 days ago #82192

• unknownname1206
Custom services? The only ones I know about are the Adaptive Saber Parts, and those don't work with Monarch. Do I just email their sales account to ask about customs?

Crystal Monarch Modification 2 months 3 days ago #82193

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
As far as I know SF's custom shop can do just about anything you could want, for a price of course. I have a Monarch and I love it, I did do some etching on the shroud myself and added some copper accents. other than that I think the crystal chamber is awesome as is.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Crystal Monarch Modification 2 months 3 days ago #82199

• unknownname1206
My plan was to give it a name, and have that etched into it (written in the Sith language). I heard you can ask to have it weathered, but the black is never rubbed off, so it's just solid black. But how exactly do I ask them to do this?
In regards to the Crystal; I don't actually want to change the chamber, I want to change the Crystal itself. If that's possible.

Crystal Monarch Modification 2 months 3 days ago #82208

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1808
unknownname1206 wrote:
So my question is this: What are my options as far as making modifications to the Crystal Monarch?
Whatever you can think of really and if with agreement by Customs to achieve it.
Can I remove the crystal and replace it with one of my own?
Customs can source an alternate shape (resources permitting) ie. instead of the long crystal point consistent with Monarch, using the shorter, stubbier versions on Gladiator or Crystal Jade.
Can I have the hilt engraved with writing?
Yes. Options & Services available through Customs is much more expansive than before.
Custom services? The only ones I know about are the Adaptive Saber Parts, and those don't work with Monarch. Do I just email their sales account to ask about customs?
Pinned at the top of this Section is an example Price List of some of the Services available. ie. here. It is also referenced in the Forum's FAQs (screen cap following)..

Past examples of sabers born from Customs can also be seen here.

Whilst ASP is one Custom system. It's Custom result is only limited by the available parts and how they're configured in the 3D Builder. There isn't anything stopping you from using components from ASP married with prebuilt parts either.. <-- all as content to be discussed with Customs via email.
My plan was to give it a name, and have that etched into it (written in the Sith language). I heard you can ask to have it weathered, but the black is never rubbed off,
Standard Black anodise can achieve this, left whole or slightly stripped for a weathering effect. Powder coating is also an option available.
In regards to the Crystal; I don't actually want to change the chamber, I want to change the Crystal itself. If that's possible.
Completed results have been made where the chamber is sealed/removed. I've personally got a Custom version where the grip body uses ASP Body7. Have also seen the emitter shroud placed onto an Archon Hilt for different aesthetics. Best to have an idea or vision of what you aim to achieve and send it as an enquiry by email to Customs.

Good luck with your enquiry. Just know that responses and reply frequency of enquiries through Customs isn't as responsive as enquiries through Sales for Customer Service matters.

Crystal Monarch Modification 2 months 1 day ago #82279

• unknownname1206
Oh my. This was certainly a lot more information than I expected. Thank you.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Return of The Jedi - Blue... (1 Posts)
    • Has anyone seen this before? When I first watched it this morning I thought it was actually real...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (19 Posts)
    • Quote: I kind of want to see what a curved cross guard would look like Curved double crossguard sabers....
    • Linear Containment Blade?... (3 Posts)
    • Looks like the horn of a unicorn... Also, from the name, I'd say it will look more "defined", with...
    • Curved ASP parts info fro... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Over in the Custom Lightsaber Owners Facebook group, Thomas Snyder had some new info about curved...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (19 Posts)
    • Guess I'll have to cheat the state for some hundred bucks on my tax return...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6458
  • Latest Member: Saatchi
  • Total Posts: 64.2k
  • Total Topics: 5440
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 39