Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: A Personally Designed Arbiter

A Personally Designed Arbiter 2 years 5 months ago #16473

• Proffessor Doc
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but I have a question:

I've almost saved up enough to purchase a Warrior tier Arbiter apprentice saber. However some of my fellow karate students are planning to buy the same saber as me. We started a saber combat group in the school and I wouldn't want my saber to look like all the other students' Arbiters. My question is this:

Is it possible to order a saber with a few recolored parts. I haven't seen anyone on the forum who asked this before, and I don't have the tools to recolor the button, covertech, and neck section myself. Basically I took the image into photoshop and painted the parts brass colored. I took inspiration from the Exalted saber, so I guess you can say this it the son of the exalted. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

A Personally Designed Arbiter 2 years 5 months ago #16474

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
You'd need to contact SF directly to ask if what you're wanting will be possible from them. Painting/recoloring/accessorizing your hilts for yourself, once it's arrived, is also always a possibility. But you can reach them either at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I BELIEVE their new customs shop is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

A Personally Designed Arbiter 2 years 4 months ago #16612

• Proffessor Doc
Ok I emailed saberforge and they were sorry it can't be done.
So now my only option is to paint it myself. Is there any cheap method of painting aluminum besides anodizing or powder coating? Could I use spray paint?

A Personally Designed Arbiter 2 years 4 months ago #16613

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
You can use spray paint, just put a clear coat on afterward, or it'll strip off really quickly.

A Personally Designed Arbiter 2 years 4 months ago #16871

• duokun
  • Thank you received: 1
Powder coating and anodizing are options, you can find people who do that if you really are interested. Also, look into companies/individuals that do cerakote or duracoat finishes for firearms and such.

A Personally Designed Arbiter 2 years 4 months ago #16964

• Proffessor Doc
I've decided to give it a finishing touch myself when it arrives. Also I noticed only four sabers under the apprentice line. Does Phil plan to release more?

A Personally Designed Arbiter 2 years 4 months ago #16969

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1475
With the advent of the ASP program, you get to create your own saber, so if you crave something less elaborate, but still awesome, you only have to create it using the modeling tool, and send in the parts list. I can envision new saber releases in the future being more in the form of additional parts becoming available in ASP.

Obviously, I don't know that for a fact, but I have already seen one instance of a saber that was planned to be released in the normal fashion, that has since been migrated to an ASP release. So, my theory sounds somewhat feasible.

We will know better this winter when it all goes live.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Battlefront II Reveal (14 Posts)
    • Quote: And they did drastically reduce the Hero unlock cost after all the complaining. 10 hours is still a...
    • Battlefront II Reveal (14 Posts)
    • Gotta have that carrot.... I picked the game up on sale, so I probably won't mind the DLC cost....
    • New Member Introduction T... (2641 Posts)
    • Welcome to our newest members!
    • Building my first saber a... (2 Posts)
    • Hi there. Fortunately, I can answer many of those questions. Quote: I plan on getting the Plug and Play...
    • Sacrifice. (4 Posts)
    • Amazing, where are you based? Do you take commissions?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6395
  • Latest Member: BK222
  • Total Posts: 63.5k
  • Total Topics: 5377
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 31
  • Yesterday Answer: 28