Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: how can I custom my own saber ?

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #33885

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
Hey jingjing
1.Your first post should go in the Members Introduction Topic to introduce yourself.
2.either prior to this post or very soon after you should check out the FAQ section as it will answer most of your questions plus others you may not have thought of yet.

To answer your question, either wait for ASP to officially launch where you can customise till your hearts content or direct your enquiry to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (as mentioned below)
Q - Can SaberForge do X?

A - It doesn't matter what "X" is, to get an answer, you're unfortunately in the wrong spot. Depending on the nature of your question, it should be directed to one of two locations: 1 - warranty, repair, order questions, etc should be directed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and any/all customization questions should be directed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Q - What are some details on the new customs shop?

A - Probably the most common question is: what is the wait time for the custom shop? And the answer to that is: It varies. Depending upon the current workload that the customs shop has, it could be as short as a week or two, or as long as a typical saber order. It just really varies on what they have going on, what it is you're requesting to be done, how time-consuming the work you want done will be, and on several other factors. There is no wait time currently set in stone. Upon contacting them, they will most likely update you with an estimated time frame. Keep in mind, the time frame is just an estimate, not a guarantee.

The second cost is: cost. How much does it cost? This answer will again vary upon what you're having done. Their current rate for work $80 / hour of work done on the saber. I've been advised by the head of the customs shop himself this means that modified ASP and SF sabers are where you're going to get the most bang for your buck. They can do more, faster on these hilts. Anything beyond that, will just depend on the time it takes to build, design, create, etc...
Either way, the wait will be rather extensive as commissions for customs are closed currently due to high demand and ASP similarly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #33908

• OvrcAHst
and if I order the Guardian hero, with RGBA x2 how many swirch do I have on it ? I mean how can I change the sound and color ?
Switches = 2. (1 = activation, 1 = Aux) Sound change is either by on-board menu (by holding down aux button and cycling through) or by SD card on computer. colour change is a twist feature..

thank you first, Just wanna know where can I order one , because the way they Sales others me, I can order here but not many saber , some saber only seal on etsy.com , but looks liike no RGB, so how can I order on with RGB!!! and the one what I want ?
You can either order at saberforge.com or at Etsy.
RGBA is only available on Hero Tier.

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #34016

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
jingjing wrote:
so if I order Guardian hero, it will set 2 switchs on ? I mean in pics, only one switch set on,
and if I want RGBA as in hero , how can I order by Etsy ? there is no options for hero or RGBA

Here is the Etsy page for the Guardian Hero edition: Hero Guardian

To get RGBA, select it in both the first and second blade color boxes.

As Ouin said, there are 2 led switches, 1 activation and 1 auxiliary. They are on opposite sides of each other on the saber (see the pics in the link above).

Hope that helps!

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #34096

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
jingjing wrote:

thank you but this still not offer the HERO option https://www.etsy.com/listing/241620894/relic-v2-crossguard-custom-led-saber are we all gonna wait ? or SF just not going to let us buy ?
The way I understand it is that, in the Relic, the saber you linked to, the crossguard lights don't have the capability to switch between different colors, which probably has something to do with the soundboard (which I think handles the different colors in the Hero teir). If you want to get one of these in the Hero teir, you probably will need to wait until Saberforge comes out with something that can wrap its mechanical mind around the crossguard lights better.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by RyanRising.

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #34097

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
I believe that exactly the problem, I just checked on about a dozen sabers on their Etsy page and all but two had Hero-RGBA options. So it's not an Etsy issue just a specific saber issue. Sorry but It does look like you'll have to wait until the tech is there if they ever decide it's worth their time.

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #34099

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 510
jingjing what saber do you want Hero Guardian
or a Relic. I want to help yoi understand!

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #34100

• OvrcAHst
thank you but this still not offer the HERO option
It may be worth noting that when buying on Etsy, Hilt Products and specs are pre chosen as selectable Thumbnails. If your wanting the Guardian in Hero Tier, after searching the Saberforge Listing, go to Page 4 and select specifically the Guardian Hero Thumbnail & description. Once the linked window opens up you have choice of colour for Leds. Here is where you select RGBA for both Options.

Agreed. The Relic is not available as RGBA because of the crossguard emitters. I believe you can still order Hero Tier but as 6/6/12 instead of RGBA.

Hope this helps.

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #34105

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 510
Ouin you're doing a great job. I hope jingjing understands because you have been very specific and truthful.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by =Ottomatix=.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #34327

• OvrcAHst
thank you very much, I just dont know The Relic is not available as RGBA befor you tell me , so as you were sayin , I can not find the HERO for The Relic, the Tier option can order champion, and Blade Color must choose one, not the RGB 6/6/12 , so how can I order a 6/6/12 or RGB? thank you https://www.etsy.com/listing/241620894/relic-v2-crossguard-custom-led-saber?ref=shop_home_active_10
Just an observational comment, if the premise for your primary enquiry was with the Relic, then it may be a good idea to lead with that to lessen unnecessary posts as those trying to assist don't have to engage in a dance around in circles. You're not to blame or at fault because I for one have many times thought I liked a specific Saber only to be influenced by intrigue at the introduction of another. All is good, moving forward.

Okay, You'll notice when selecting the Relic via Etsy it is limited to 3 Tiers only: Initiate, Warrior & Champion. Even when you enter the drop-down box for Led at the very top it shows Initiate/Hero N/A. This conclusively shows that not all Tier offerings are available for this special Saber.
My comments in previous posts were in direct reply to Hero Tier, specifically the 6/6/12 & RGBA. This is still accurate to Hilts that are available in the Hero Tier. The 6/6/12 just means you're selecting 2 6w Led Colours that combine to make a 3rd 12w where RGBA is mixing colours of any combination at 3w. Hope this makes sense. It is explained in FAQs, pasted below.
Hero - SF's saber with the most options. These feature a soundboard with 6 customizable soundfonts, which can be changed on the SD card included on every board, just inside the bottom of the hilt. There is both an onboard menu for some options, and a menu on the SD card to customize and set up your saber's settings to your preferred state. These come with a 12W LED, with a few options: Hero sabers offer color-changing abilities. You can, if you do not want color changing, request a single, 12W LED color to be solid. The standard setup for a Hero is 2 6W colors mixed for 1 12W. IE: Red 6W and Amber 6W for a 12W Blood Orange. The other option is the RGBA, which offers several colors at 3W, mixing for 6W, up to a 12W with all of the LED die lit
I'm no SF product expert or skilled with electronics but when it comes to multi-colour function, obviously through 3 simultaneous emitters as a practical application there are limits especially when trying to remain consistent with battery size & power and design of hilt and it's handling dimensions.
Unless advancements are achieved where the Led can do what you're asking/wanting you'll just have to wait and see and even hope that frontier is reached. Until then, if the Relic must be had now, you're only option is to go a single 6 or 12w colour.*/**

*just thinking out-aloud here. Cannot confirm if theory will work. To achieve multiple colours in the Relic maybe order as a White Led Colour. Since emitters are still standard 1 inch OD blade sockets, buy some LEE Colour Filter discs and manually change the colours to your desired effect. Granted the colour's won't be as generous or rich compared to a designated coloured Led but it's likely the next best thing.

**or just close your eyes and use the force!, I mean revisit your childhood when you didn't have an actual saber replica and tap in to the creative imagination that made everything seem real.

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #34660

• OvrcAHst
You can either order at saberforge.com or at Etsy.
RGBA is only available on Hero Tier.
As I mentioned in an earlier Post, Yes, RGBA is only available with Hero Tier.
My speculation (that Hero 6/6/12 might be available for Relic Hero) was evidently incorrect. My error, I admit fault, I don't know everything. As it has been identified, regarding the Relic Hilt specifically, it is only available as Initiate, Warrior or Champion Tier's.
I have to ask. the RGBA , use 12w+6w+6w+3w ? or what ?
Your last query was covered in an earlier post when your interest was with Guardian.
The other option is the RGBA, which offers several colors at 3W, mixing for 6W, up to a 12W with all of the LED die lit
This is explained in FAQ section.
so the Brightness will be not good.
Brightness is subjective. With the sacrifice of sound, it is often preferred (and even debated as brighter) ordering the Relic as Warrior Tier. (It was mentioned in another Topic that Phil allegedly prefers in order: Warrior>Champion>Hero when it comes to brightness) Battery output only needs to feed (undivided) the Led rather Led & Soundboard (Champion). But even a 12w or + Champion won't disappoint (only perhaps Colour change as this is of high importance to you). Check out some reviews other Members have posted. I recall seeing one recently for a Blood Orange Weathered Relic that definitely wasn't inferior. But it comes down to your expectations.

I can't make the decision for you but you have some decisions to make. Judging by your recent posts its a choice between Relic and Guardian with a keen interest for RGBA. In one hand you can have the Guardian Hero RGBA, in the other Relic either Warrior (No sound) or Champion (Sound), 1 colour only & NO RGBA.

Good luck!
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: tier info correction

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #34661

• Drahem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
https://www.facebook.com/saberigniter/videos/1726139714283348/?video_source=pages_finch_main_video

Here is a SF relic with rgb. He had to add a larger battery etc..
I own, Relic, Archons x2. Bane x2. Templar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #41611

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
I ordered a "Hero" Sinister prophecy and saw this abit later. "How many powdercoating colors are there? The real answer? A LOT. There are over 20 base colors, which can be combined in certain cases for other colors... meaning the limit is pretty high up there. They have a lot of customization available at their fingertips". In the faq. I asked if they could make the hilt Bronze and weathered.. Is this a standard option or a special. I don't want to irritate them with anymore questions as I'm a newb and perhaps getting a fever :woohoo:
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by SuUpberSith.

how can I custom my own saber ? 1 year 1 month ago #41697

• OvrcAHst
Hello Damien Katarn and Welcome to the Forum.

Good to see you have visited the FAQs and if you haven't already, be sure to check out the Forum Rules and Post an introduction in the New Member's Thread too. You can jump there, here.
I asked if they could make the hilt Bronze and weathered.. Is this a standard option or a special. I don't want to irritate them with anymore questions as I'm a newb and perhaps getting a fever :woohoo:
Everyone has to start somewhere and as for the fever? a high possibility as it's a symptom shared by many. To answer your query:
Bronze Powder-coating can be applied to sections of your Saber as you desire however this type of customising can only be achieved through The Customs Shop and unfortunately ALL New Custom Commissions are temporarily closed. The email address for Customs is in FAQ (which you have read) so I won't duplicate it here. This falls under a Special option.

The Weathered finish is available in two types (with a variation to one). Let me explain. As standard options go you typically have a choice of a standard (clean) finish or weathered (dark) finish. Limited to a few select hilts only there is also a Grey weathered finish available. As explained in the following:
Weathered / V2 - Weathered refers to the "dark finish" sabers that SaberForge offers. They have two options: Standard Dark Weathering (black anodizing, stripped and weathered), and Grey Weathering, which is only available on a select few hilts and only through the main site, meaning it is not offered in their Etsy shop.
Finishes - Saberforge offers a couple different hilt finishes on their sabers. Standard and weathered are the most common types. Most people refer to these solely as the finish on the saber, unless being specific towards one type over the other.

The other is Shattered Weathering (only available through Custom) where the simulated damage is taken beyond just the weathering mentioned above and actual battle damage is applied to it. Just Search Shattered Weathering.

If you have any new Questions that are either unanswered in FAQs or by other Posts from Search Tab results, Post your Topic in Open Topics and other Forum Members will assist. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New and Upcoming from Phi... (17 Posts)
    • So correct me if I'm wrong, but the Talon has a new emitter that's different from the Forsaken? IE...
    • Wait Times (3 Posts)
    • Also depends on whether you just ordered a normal hilt or if you added customization (ie powder...
    • Emitter 8c (5 Posts)
    • My apologies for not replying here sooner, busy week and checking the forums in the weekend isn't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 35