Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Custom shop

Custom shop 1 year 1 month ago #39318

• CallMeMistaJ
  • Premium Member
  • "So... Malak was the original meatbag? I like that idea." ―Revan, to HK-47, after recovering his memory
  • Thank you received: 49
Hey all!

(I don't know wether to put this here or in the customs section so mods let me know and I shall move it if it needs to be moved.)

I had some quick questions about how the Custom Shop works...I know Justin has an email that you can reach him at, but thats all I really know. I was thinking about grabbing a Phoenix and customizing it but I don't know the process. Can anyone with experience enlighten me? (Perhaps Ottomatix or NeBosa?)

Thanks!
Own
-Champ 12+ watt Phoenix

Want
-Monarch
-Sinister Prophecy
-Oracle
The topic has been locked.

Custom shop 1 year 1 month ago #39319

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 434
It's simple.

You send Justin an email detailing what you would like done. You also tell him what your budget is.

Justin will probably respond telling you what can be done, ideas etc. depending on what you wrote and how much it will cost. If I recall correctly, then he charges an hourly rate of $80 per hour (don't quote me) plus materials plus whatever else. This is in addition to the standard cost of the saber.
"I am the Senate"

Custom shop 1 year 1 month ago #39324

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Also Justin posted on the SaberForge Customs facebook that he and Daniel are overly booked at wont take new commissions for the new few months. Gives you a chance to think over how you want to customize your saber.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Custom shop 1 year 1 month ago #39325

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
And save the extra money :/ Idk what final costs look like for the average custom saber but I'm more than happy saving that money and putting it towards a second saber. I enjoy pretty much all of the base sabers honestly.

Custom shop 1 year 1 month ago #39327

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 510
Execute66 wrote:
It's simple.

You send Justin an email detailing what you would like done. You also tell him what your budget is.

Justin will probably respond telling you what can be done, ideas etc. depending on what you wrote and how much it will cost. If I recall correctly, then he charges an hourly rate of $80 per hour (don't quote me) plus materials plus whatever else. This is in addition to the standard cost of the saber.
Mr J , Execute66 pretty much hit it on the head.
$80 per hour was what I was billed for, which was mostly for powder-coating. That may be a standard labor fee but Im not%100 on that.
Justin is the man when it comes to bring an idea to reality, along with Broc& Master Kane.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Health scare (9 Posts)
    • Glad you're feeling better! We had this tear through our house the other month. Kind of the same...
    • ASP Switch Hole Size? (3 Posts)
    • More specifically, 12mm switches with 14mm heads. There are larger 12mm switches that won't fit, so...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (17 Posts)
    • So correct me if I'm wrong, but the Talon has a new emitter that's different from the Forsaken? IE...
    • Wait Times (3 Posts)
    • Also depends on whether you just ordered a normal hilt or if you added customization (ie powder...
    • Emitter 8c (5 Posts)
    • My apologies for not replying here sooner, busy week and checking the forums in the weekend isn't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 35