Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap

Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap 1 year 1 week ago #60339

• Tech_God
  • Thank you received: 9
After 13 long weeks, I finally got my Sentinel, right before the Memorial Day weekend. It was well worth the wait and I really love this saber. Here are the specs:

Finish: Weathered
Wrap: Dark Red Leather
Blade Color: Blood Orange
Blade LED Power 12W
Tier: Champion

During the long wait, I was really worried about two things. One was should I change my order to a standard finish? Because I really liked the sharp contrast with the black grooves. I had doubts that weathered was the right choice. The other concern was some of the complaints I have seen on the forum. What condition would my saber be in when it arrives? Well, after receiving my Sentinel, I couldn't be any happier than I am now.

First off, the dark red wrap really pops out and compliments the weathered finish. I feel like I hit a home run here for my first saber. It really is a work of art. Althought I want to focus on the hilt over the internal components, I must add that I think that choosing blood orange as my saber color really adds to enhancing the finish.

I am extremely impressed with the craftsmanship. I've seen a lot of complaints regarding sharp edges and I am not discounting them. However, my saber hilt is smooth all over and there are a lot of grooves that were lathed on this baby. The only "rough" edge I could find was at the lip of the pommel but you have to stick your finger as if you were touching the speaker cover and that is nit-picking. I've seen some complaints regarding the wrap. The wrap on my Sentinel is firmly held in place with whatever glue Saberforge uses. The only ding that I can give this saber is there is a minor speaker rattle. During normal movement (spinning) you don't hear it. If you shake the pommel like a rattle, you hear it. I will easily fix that with two drops of hot glue melt.

The look of the Sentinel really seems like it almost qualifies as an elite saber, if you overlook the smaller size. I mean it is obvious that a vast majority of the work is done in a lathe. However, I have to believe that the windows were done in a CNC mill with a fourth axis. That is some time and commitment put in to make this saber. Anyhow, the windows is what sold me on getting the Sentinel. I really love the windows. The narrowing of the saber above the power button just makes it look even better and it is the perfect place to do spins.

The only shortcoming I can say is that... the saber is a little short. wish the length of the grip area was 1.5 inches longer. That would make it perfect for two handed wielding. It is great one handed and just a little tight with two hands on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with it as is but I learned a lesson in What to think about when getting my next saber. I mentioned this before, spins are easy for a beginner like me but I have a lot of practice to perform to actually look good at it. I showed the saber to a fellow nerd/co-worker (who has plastic sabers) and he spun my Sentinel like he had been using it for years. I am so jealous!

Overall, I am so glad I got the Sentinel for my very first saber! It turns a guy in his 40's old man back into a 13 year old who just saw Star Wars for the very first time. I am lucky that I have an understanding wife showed compassion and forgiveness when I informed here that I plunked down $300 instead of "asking" her. I don't think I'll be buying a second saber anytime soon so I'm glad that my first saber is well, awesome!

Ratings:
Craftsmanship 9.5/10
Styling 10/10
Comfort 9.0/10
Overall 9.5/10

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solinbeb, Greysider, =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst

Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap 1 year 1 week ago #60399

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Thank you Tech_God with sharing your remarkable first Saber Hilt (and hopefully not your last) and represented in the unquestionable combination of Weathered with Red Wrap and Blood Orange LED to boot. You'll find that you are not alone liking yourself to adolescence from maturity when wielding a Saber in hand. That's the magic of this mutual fascination, we're all just a bunch of kids sharing cool stuff in the play ground. A well written Review illustrating your apprehensions and excitement and am happy that your appreciation has returned a favourable outcome. Congratulations and May The Excitement Be With You Always. :)

Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap 1 year 1 week ago #60401

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Congrats on your beautiful Sentinel Tech_God. It looks great with that red leather and weathered finish. Enjoy!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap 1 year 1 week ago #60414

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
Great review, and a beautiful saber! You know I am a fan of the dark finish/dark red leather wrap, so I give it the "BRAX" stamp of approval!

I certainly understand your feeling about feeling like your younger self after getting your first saber. I felt the same way, and I am older than you. Just read my review of my Exhalted for reference.

Enjoy it sir, and congrats!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap 1 year 1 week ago #60415

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Lovely looking hilt! Great review! Congrats!

Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap 1 year 1 week ago #60468

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 34
Great review.

I am also in my mid 40's and ordered a Vanquish for myself recently, a sentinel for my son and a grand master for my gf.

I cant wait for my saber, you make me so excited haha.

Oh, I did get my sons in blood orange as well. Can you describe your feelings on how it looks?
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by DarthTtocs.

Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap 1 year 1 week ago #60473

• Tech_God
It is all a matter of an individual's perceptions but I think blood orange is simply a bad ass color.

Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap 1 year 1 week ago #60474

• Tech_God
This doesn't make a great avatar but here was some fun I had during Memorial Day weekend/grilling some meat. No lighter fluid.... NO PROBLEM!!!

Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Tech_God.

Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap 1 year 1 week ago #60514

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Awesome Review! And I love your Avatar pic, ha! Looks like you made the right call on the finish to me. Dark Red Leather Wrap + Emitter Windows = Awesomeness!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tech_God

Weathered Sentinel Dark Red Leather Wrap 1 year 1 week ago #60542

• RotundChap
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
AWESOME! I plan on ordering a Sentinel soon but had questions about the length and if it was better one handed or with two. And thanks to your pics, I'm pretty sure i'll ordered it weathered too...
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Bossk - Warning - LOTS OF... (33 Posts)
    • Following on from my meeting with For Tyeth at a recent Comic Con I thought I'd post a quick update....
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi For Tyeth, it was great meeting you in person and seeing your Bossk inspired lightsaber in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5270
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 15