Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 3 days ago #65692

• DaveMitHut
  • Thank you received: 7
I finally got my Sentinel, after about 3 1/2 months of waiting. What can I say, it got here (to Germany) almost perfectly in time for my birthday! Well worth the wait I'd say.

Specs first:

Hilt finish: Weathered
Grip wrap color: Brown leather
Blade color: Green
Blade LED Type: 12W
Warrior Tier

I was really concerned about customs while waiting because I heard of two cases where the saber was sent back by customs officials, however this turned out to be no problem at all. Lucky me!

When I finally received my saber, I was really really happy as it turned out to be exactly how I imagined it to be. I am really amazed by the quality these sabers have, they are manufactured to a really high standard, the finish looks amazing, everything feels smooth and no sharp edges. You guys did a really great job there!

After having some fights with a friend (who ordered his one together with me) and after overcoming the fear of 'hurting' this beauty, I have to say this thing is amazingly durable and does not show any signs of wear or anything, though we did land some pretty heavy blows on each other's saber (and each other). Really impressive, however my hands are a bit sore right now...

All in all I'm really glad I picked this saber to be my first, I'm having a great time with it. I can only recommend this one to everyone!

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst, DK44, Neesh Kedoo

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 3 days ago #65702

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
DaveMitHut wrote:
I finally got my Sentinel, after about 3 1/2 months of waiting. What can I say, it got here (to Germany) almost perfectly in time for my birthday! Well worth the wait I'd say.

Specs first:
Hilt finish: Weathered
Grip wrap color: Brown leather
Blade color: Green
Blade LED Type: 12W
Warrior Tier ...
Weathered Hilt with a beautiful Green and Brown Slacks. Congratulations on your first pick. Being a sucker for shine-throughs it kinda goes without saying that it compliments things perfectly. Happy Birthday and Happy Sabering. Thank you for sharing your first. What Hilt did your friend get that has now become your regular sparring partner?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveMitHut

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 2 days ago #65709

• DaveMitHut
Thank you! My friend also got a Sentinel, Standard finish, no wrap, purple blade, 12W, Warrior Tier.

We try to practice regularly in my mother's garden whenever we have the time to go there since there's not much room in my flat. I already put a notch in my ceiling while practicing spinning today. Nothing on the blade though, so everythings fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 2 days ago #65731

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Sweet Sentinel you have there DaveMitHut. And you just can't go wrong with SF green. Congrats!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 2 days ago #65738

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
DaveMitHut wrote:
Thank you! My friend also got a Sentinel, Standard finish, no wrap, purple blade, 12W, Warrior Tier.

We try to practice regularly in my mother's garden whenever we have the time to go there since there's not much room in my flat. I already put a notch in my ceiling while practicing spinning today. Nothing on the blade though, so everythings fine.
:lol: I read your Post in another Thread about the ceiling incident, still better it than you right? Contrary to common perception there is a noticeable difference between a wrap-less Sentinel and Arbiter. Has your friend commented on the handling of the wrap-less version and because of the absence of accent grooves whether this encourages grip-slip? With the clashes of Green and Purple I wonder if the expressions shown by your Mother are of bewilderment or awe. :P Sometimes they understand, sometimes they don't.

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 2 days ago #65748

• DaveMitHut
OvrcAHst wrote:
:lol: I read your Post in another Thread about the ceiling incident, still better it than you right? Contrary to common perception there is a noticeable difference between a wrap-less Sentinel and Arbiter. Has your friend commented on the handling of the wrap-less version and because of the absence of accent grooves whether this encourages grip-slip? With the clashes of Green and Purple I wonder if the expressions shown by your Mother are of bewilderment or awe. :P Sometimes they understand, sometimes they don't.

He did, yes, and he's thinking about adding a wrap on his own. I tried it, too, but I wouldn't say it's a major problem. My mother was amazed at how good the light looked, even in bright daylight, and she said she liked the craftsmanship. Though she'll never understand why I'm spending my money on stuff like this, but that's how mother's are I guess!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 1 day ago #65789

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I just received a free Arbiter and I was impressed with it's handling. I bet that makes this saber that much better! Wow! Congrats to you on this awesome hilt. This one may have to go on my want list. Thanks for sharing it.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 1 day ago #65793

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 266
DaveMitHut wrote:
He did, yes, and he's thinking about adding a wrap on his own. I tried it, too, but I wouldn't say it's a major problem. My mother was amazed at how good the light looked, even in bright daylight, and she said she liked the craftsmanship. Though she'll never understand why I'm spending my money on stuff like this, but that's how mother's are I guess!

Wives too...

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 1 day ago #65795

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Welcome to the Emerald Knights! The weathered hilt combined with the brown wrap and green color go great together! Congrats & Enjoy!

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 1 day ago #65828

• Tech_God
  • Thank you received: 9
Well, screw the Emerald Knights.... WELCOME TO THE SENTINEL CLUB!!!

:P :P :P :P :P

Although, weathered is really the way to go!

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 1 day ago #65835

• DaveMitHut
HotRod wrote:
I just received a free Arbiter and I was impressed with it's handling. I bet that makes this saber that much better! Wow! Congrats to you on this awesome hilt. This one may have to go on my want list. Thanks for sharing it.

You're welcome! That's actually why I posted my saber in here, to help fellow saber fans choose their first or next saber, since I checked in here, too, and it helped me a lot!
Jas-Ot wrote:
Wives too...

Well, my girlfriend actually helped me choose this saber and likes it herself, and she was actually okay with the amount of money I spent :lol:
DK44 wrote:
Welcome to the Emerald Knights! The weathered hilt combined with the brown wrap and green color go great together! Congrats & Enjoy!
Tech_God wrote:
Well, screw the Emerald Knights.... WELCOME TO THE SENTINEL CLUB!!!

:P :P :P :P :P

Although, weathered is really the way to go!

I think I'll just join both! :lol: Happy I can be with people that like the same stuff I do!

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 23 hours ago #65837

• Tech_God
  • Thank you received: 9
I will say, I have nothing against the Emerald Knights, they are a fine group of saber wielders. The Sentinel is still quite a new saber so I am just glad to read that others have received one as I did a few months ago. We just need a few more like us before we take over the galaxy!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 22 hours ago #65839

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Tech_God wrote:
I will say, I have nothing against the Emerald Knights, they are a fine group of saber wielders. The Sentinel is still quite a new saber so I am just glad to read that others have received one as I did a few months ago. We just need a few more like us before we take over the galaxy!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Do watch yourself, my friend. There are many more of us EKs than there are of you! B) :evil: ;)

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

Weathered Sentinel w/ green blade/brown wrap 10 months 11 hours ago #65869

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Eddlyss64 wrote:
Tech_God wrote:

Do watch yourself, my friend. There are many more of us EKs than there are of you! B) :evil: ;)

Many,many more. We are everywhere!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge DIY parts (2 Posts)
    • Here is another pic, just because the fake switch box wasnt showing, lol...[image]
    • Saberforge DIY parts (2 Posts)
    • Hello guys, it's been a while since I last used this forum, I hope you're all doing well. Me and a...
    • yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4694
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 15