Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2

Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2 1 year 2 months ago #53668

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
This has been a long time in the making. Reviewing email records, the exchanges that soon took place originated back in December 16, 2015. This particular Hilt was Posted as completed January 28, 2016 however it is only now that I have the opportunity to clutch it in my hands. I have eluded to a deferred production with the intent of simultaneous Shipping. It is with great joy that delivery has been scattered and my New and first SaberForge Hilt has found its new home.

Fatigue: Crystal Black Chrome Shattered Monarch Hero

What began with a desire to acquire a Monarch soon evolved into something much more heightened through regular exchanges with Sabersmith Justin Polachek as this Commission began. The Monarch in it's original presented form has its appeal but I yearned for something unique, one to call my very own.

The Specs.
I shall keep this brief, in short it's a 6/6/12+ Setup Red/Medium Blue/Purple.

Had read about and viewed the application referred to as Shattered Weathering. This comes in three Levels: Light, Medium & Heavy. I opted for Light. There was a thought to remove the Grip-Spines in order to achieve an unobstructed hold and it was suggested rather than be left with the grooves that house the spines that would become unsightly, ASP Body 7 was used in it's place shortening the overall length as a result.

Measurements:
-Blade Holder Depth = 2.25"
-Hilt Length (Emitter-Pommel) = 12.25"
-Hilt Length (Shroud-Pommel) = 13.00"
-Hilt Diameter = 1.50"
-Balance Point (Without Blade) = centred to exact positioning of Kill Key
-Balance Point (With 32" V4) = on the very edge of Blade Holder.

Observations:
Meticulously completed with great attention to detail. There is zero rattle, very solidly constructed and surprisingly smooth. The Faux Control Box has pointed corners but hardly enough to break skin and draw blood. A gentle sand can be done if so desired however when duelling I had planned to simply remove it, keeping it attached when displayed.

It is ridiculously loud and ridiculously bright. The boot-up sound alone is generous and the idle hum is present without being dominant. I was pleasantly surprised with how magnificent the illumination is even with the two 6+ colours. Even though the aesthetic is purposely crafted to appear tired and battle worn there exists a nice sheen almost gloss-like. I liking it to a rugged shell with tempered refinement.

It easily allows for two-handed wield but as a personal preference towards single-hand I find my grip gravitating to the fore-grip with control box squeezed against my palm and my clenched fingers over the crystal chamber. The hollow cavity that is the nature of the chamber doesn't compromise my grip in any way, rather allows a shallow indentation accommodating my fingers. A big plus with the Thumb-Screw for blade retention rather than fiddling with the typical set screw.

Conclusions:
There is no fault that I can identify with this Hilt. Sound, Finish, Aesthetics, Weight, Illumination are all demonstrated marvellously. I can conclusively say that it is truly a Masterpiece. One exceptionally happy Owner. Astounding credit to SaberForge with Design and exquisite Customising by Justin. I hope you can appreciate the glory of this Treasure as much as I do. Thank You.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Execute66, =Ottomatix=, RyanRising, DK44

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 2 months ago #53669

• OvrcAHst

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Execute66, =Ottomatix=, Drahem, MommyHoldMe, RyanRising, raphos

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 2 months ago #53673

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That is unspeakably gorgeous. This has be my favorite hilt. Just awesome! I love the change to the body, I'm sure if feels good but it looks great as well!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 2 months ago #53680

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 822
Words escape me! Preparation and presentation carried out to Perfection! All the communications back and forth between you and Justin, and the wait has been worth it. Your Saber is truly your own and I am so glad it is now in your possession. The pictures are awe inspiring. Congratulations my friend.

For Tyeth

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 2 months ago #53742

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
Congrats on an EPIC saber my friend! It is truly one of a kind.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 2 months ago #53747

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Damn that's sweet! Congrats!!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 2 months ago #53748

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
OvrcAHst, This is one of the finest sabers I've every seen. Insert the "J. Moll"

and "ZEUS"

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 2 months ago #53773

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Love the worn shattered look of that Monarch. Seriously beautiful saber. Congrats Ovr!
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 2 months ago #53774

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
That's purty!
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 2 months ago #53784

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
I'm glad to see that this has finally reached your hands! Congrats!

And now that I know the bunny ears and box thing can be removed, the Monarch is suddenly a lot more attractive to me. Unfortunately, I can't afford it (shrug emoji). Such is the life of one into lightsabers.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 2 months ago #53790

• OvrcAHst
Jaden Korr, HotRod, For Tyeth, Brax, Greysider, Otto, Mom, SuUpberSith & RyanRising: Thank you all for your comments. Your kinds words and congratulatory messages are appreciated. I am actually still a little numb from the excitement with receiving the box. It may be trivial but I was hoping for a famed toblerone, instead it was brown and rectangular with the SaberForge logo printed on one side. Still, it was the contents that mattered and lucky for me a T-Shirt was included. Am actually quite anxious with anticipating the others that will be gradually inbound.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: Apologies: Jaden Korr, my oversight.

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 1 month ago #53806

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Wow that saber is magnificent! That really turned out nice, great job! Congrats & Enjoy!

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 1 month ago #53904

• OvrcAHst
DK44, Thank You.
Wow that saber is magnificent! That really turned out nice, great job! Congrats & Enjoy!
Agreed with abundance. Credit to SaberForge for an exquisite design and credit to Justin for delivering with precise execution and interpretation of an idea I was toying with.
Enjoyment Factor is rated quite high. :)

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 1 month ago #53924

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
OvrcAHst wrote:
Jaden Korr, HotRod, For Tyeth, Brax, Greysider, Otto, Mom, SuUpberSith & RyanRising: Thank you all for your comments. Your kinds words and congratulatory messages are appreciated. I am actually still a little numb from the excitement with receiving the box. It may be trivial but I was hoping for a famed toblerone, instead it was brown and rectangular with the SaberForge logo printed on one side. Still, it was the contents that mattered and lucky for me a T-Shirt was included. Am actually quite anxious with anticipating the others that will be gradually inbound.

I thought the brown box with the logo was sort of a sign of receiving special royal treatment. It's like getting a letter with a royal wax seal instead of someone just licking the envelope. :)

I have often wondered...does the excitement wear off, or is each one better than the last? This one would be SO hard to top.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by HotRod.

The Story so far...Part II-SFC-Verse 2: Fatigued 1 year 1 month ago #53925

• OvrcAHst
HotRod,
I thought the brown box with the logo was sort of a sign of receiving special royal treatment. It's like getting a letter with a royal wax seal instead of someone just licking the envelope. :)
:lol: I don't really know what to think. I imagine from a packing perspective a 'squared-surface' parcel would make sense from a handling and stacking point but the 'triangular' seems to have merit too. There was one stage where I had concluded that toblerone's were used exclusive for international orders (after seeing Makten's Avenger Review) and then there was a time that suggested the famed toblerone was discontinued (For Tyeth did a great Meme mourning this) but since and with news of deliveries recently by many others, that theory was thrown out the window and maybe the container used is completely random. I do like the sounds of your reference, the Royalty that is SaberForge and recipient as addressee. Very honouring.
I have often wondered...does the excitement wear off, or is each one better than the last? This one would be SO hard to top.
Ordinarily I'd agree with you. I am inclined to favour that consecutive-afters will best the one before. Through the process of ordering to delivery the initial wait builds gradual excitement and surreal anticipation. This is heightened when one learns of the Status change that occurs then comes the Real-time tracking as it moves progressively closer to your home.
I am still marvelling at the magnificence of my Monarch but since being alerted to this mornings update, I have difficulty containing it, knowing very well that a breach will occur and my mind will be blown.

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 1 month ago #53926

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
Now I admit to being a paranoid dude, but would they please stop stamping the box! That may've something to do with that post office in Oregon "losing" sabers! lmao. Enjoy your fun saber time!
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by SuUpberSith.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 1 month ago #53928

• OvrcAHst
SuUpberSith,
Now I admit to being a paranoid dude, but would they please stop stamping the box! That may've something to do with that post office in Oregon "losing" sabers!
The stamp, by way of Company Logo placement, isn't that 'in-your-face'. It's simple and effective and costs little for production. Besides, even if there was some conspiracy theory with USPS with SaberForge marked packages that causes delivery-loss, the biggest obvious giveaway revealing the Sender's identity is the Packing-slip/Declaration that's strapped to the outside. ;)
I heard of other businesses that send 'discreet' plain packaging with no identifiable traits.
But those 'toys/collectibles' aren't for this Forum. :huh:

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 1 month ago #53929

• raphos
  • Thank you received: 39
Abso-freaking-lutely gorgeous! Great review, but even better pictures! If my wife would allow it, I would get on my hands and knees, empty my wallet, and commission (see: beg) Justin to make me a runic lightsaber.
There is no Light Side, nor Dark Side. There is only the Force. That being said... don't be a jerk.

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 1 month ago #53949

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst, It's not SF that worries me. USPS, well yeah that's a bucket of snakes. lol. For SF they lose a ton of money anytime that issue happens, but USPS has been known for having dubious characters employed and general incompetence. I pity any company dealing with them. I sure as hell never meant any conspiracy lol

Now I will kindly end this hijacking :woohoo:
Oh and love that Black Chrome on the Monarch!
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by SuUpberSith.

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 1 month ago #53953

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
SuUpberSith wrote:
OvrcAHst, It's not SF that worries me. USPS, well yeah that's a bucket of snakes. lol. For SF they lose a ton of money anytime that issue happens, but USPS has been known for having dubious characters employed and general incompetence. I pity any company dealing with them. I sure as hell never meant any conspiracy lol

Now I will kindly end this hijacking :woohoo:
Oh and love that Black Chrome on the Monarch!

Yeah because before only the SF's local office knew what was in the toblerones from getting them all the time, but now anyone who sees the box knows what's in it. It reminds me of the time a friend's dad ordered a guitar in the 4 digit price range, and it was delivered (and left on their porch all day since they weren't home) in a box completely covered in they company's logo.

Is SF still planning on making the transition to another carrier? Because while UPS overall is more reliable than the postal service, I far prefer the mailmen/ladies who work my neighborhood over our UPS crew. Our normal guy (who we call "Smiley" ironically) likes to drop/throw things, and we saw the guy that came today rolling* our (rectangular) package from the curb all the way to the door (and yes, the contents were broken).

EDIT: *pretty much like this:
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: gif
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, SuUpberSith
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Bossk - Warning - LOTS OF... (33 Posts)
    • Following on from my meeting with For Tyeth at a recent Comic Con I thought I'd post a quick update....
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi For Tyeth, it was great meeting you in person and seeing your Bossk inspired lightsaber in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5270
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 15