Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 2 months ago #53955

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
raphos, Thank You.
Abso-freaking-lutely gorgeous! Great review, but even better pictures! If my wife would allow it, I would get on my hands and knees, empty my wallet, and commission (see: beg) Justin to make me a runic lightsaber.
I'm not down-selling it but the pictures IMO are the best I can manage using my phone and are about C-Grade (B-Grade at best) compared to some of the other's shown in Reviews. Video Reviewing is beyond my available resource so I have parked that medium in the 'too-hard' basket.
This was part of an (admittedly) over-indulging spend before Christmas. When you write of permission, :P similarly I accept my partner's purchases unconditionally and the same understanding is mirrored back. We have our QT and have our mutual interests but (and not without reason) different interests we don't share yet commit to are respected. There is great enjoyment and peace when there isn't conflict. ;)

SuUpberSith,
It's not SF that worries me. USPS, well yeah that's a bucket of snakes. lol. For SF they lose a ton of money anytime that issue happens, but USPS has been known for having dubious characters employed and general incompetence. I pity any company dealing with them. I sure as hell never meant any conspiracy lol
Losses are great for all businesses when Theft or AWOL situations occur. I can't accurately conclude the practices of the 'preferred' handler but so far they've been alright. Having faith is one thing. Most of the time it's blind as every circumstance is different and what happens once to someone may not and does not necessarily reflect an ongoing theme. We all take punts every so often, even when you are convinced it's a sure thing. I know that's not what you meant, didn't have you in cross-hairs. The reference to 'conspiracy' was my wording more to describe and summarise (generalisation) the theories and opinions that are floating around the web that 'black-holes' exist somewhere between Sender to Recipient. :)

Jaden Korr,
Is SF still planning on making the transition to another carrier? Because while UPS overall is more reliable than the postal service, I far prefer the mailmen/ladies who work my neighborhood over our UPS crew. Our normal guy (who we call "Smiley" ironically) likes to drop/throw things, and we saw the guy that came today rolling* our (rectangular) package from the curb all the way to the door (and yes, the contents were broken).
I reckon problems will exist even if a different carrier is used as not one is completely perfect and trouble free. Don't know for sure, it's speculated that USPS keeps costs 'more reasonable' where other carriers inflate theirs making it less affordable to the average Consumer (regardless of Insurance or without). Other things come into play like the weight threshold/pricing Tier. Have had stuff comparable to say CanadaPost, USPS & FedEx where the costs have been less than savoury.

Don't know how it works in US when deliveries are Domestic and what is defined as Local, but here Down-Under, USPS will take it into the Country and then the National Mail Handler takes over. These guys deliver in vans rather than the regular Posty riding around on his motorcycle. When I read about your reference to Smiley, I immediately thought of a Pet Detective and the opening scene.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 2 months ago #53961

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
Really when it comes to carriers, it may come down to who is best locally? What Jaden said about UPS is pretty much the same issue I would have. Fedex is pretty good, but I think they are a good amount more expensive than the others? I'd personally go for that, but then the Karma gods would come get me for talking bad about the other carriers. :lol:
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 2 months ago #54004

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
OvrcAHst wrote:
I'm not down-selling it but the pictures IMO are the best I can manage using my phone and are about C-Grade (B-Grade at best) compared to some of the other's shown in Reviews.

Stupid JChen (jc0522) and his Vengeance.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 2 months ago #54087

• OvrcAHst
Steely-Eyed Missile man wrote: ;)
JChen (jc0522) and his Vengeance.
Agreed. Beautiful pictures and an equally beautiful Hilt. It is here my lust and desire is fuelled to eventually own a Vengeance. I remained hopeful of a pre-assembled return however waiting for ASP to launch seems more likely. The fascination reaches no bounds. A reminder below for those that haven't seen it. There are heaps of Reviews where image resolution and clarity is simply remarkable. My top favourite goto's are: jc0522, tech_droid & Kouri.

Simply stunning to the degree you can virtually smell it and reaching out to grab it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyanRising

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 2 months ago #54122

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 506
Wow! (I missed this thread until now).

Welcome to the "Monarch saber club"! Actually, a very special welcome to you, your very own customized Monarch that is one of a kind and one of a true beauty. It's must have been an exciting journey planning, going through the customization process and then the endless wait. The Monarch is really one of a kind in the entire SF lineup so far and you have just took it to another level with your very own unique one! :)

Beautiful quality photos too!
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 2 months ago #54141

• OvrcAHst
E66, Thank You. I'd never knew a 'Monarch Saber Club' existed prior to you referencing it in HotRod's Review. The exclusive and illustrious 'Thin Neck Club' was one that I had read about since joining the Forum. The journey was testing and excitement soon suffered some confidence loss with difficulty imagining the final result however that soon disappeared as WIPs began to take shape.
The Monarch is really one of a kind in the entire SF lineup
Agreed. I was drawn to it for this very reason. Funnily though, I first placed it in my wish-list and then abandoned it only to return later and proceeded with an order.

I actually feel the photo's are still grainy and lack quality resolution and clarity. Maybe this is just a misdirected opinion formed through my eyes. It's the best I can manage and am happy with the results (mostly). Mind you they fall short compared to yours as shown for your Mauler Staff, for example. I haven't an infamous Indoor Pool to backdrop the piece, but still suffices. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 2 months ago #54187

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 506
"Monarch Saber Club" is just a cheeky way of saying "those who own a Monarch". :P

What do you think of the special ASP7 grip practically? It certainly gives the Monarch a very different look.
"I am the Senate"

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 2 months ago #54212

• OvrcAHst
Ex66,
"Monarch Saber Club" is just a cheeky way of saying "those who own a Monarch". :P
Well Thank You for the Official Welcome to 'The Unofficial Monarch Saber Club'.
What do you think of the special ASP7 grip practically? It certainly gives the Monarch a very different look.
This is actually a good question. The raised surface and square edged design of ASPB7 is surprisingly smooth with no resistance at all, very easy to grip. Without the premise for comparison of the distinctive 'default' Monarch Body, it's difficult to imagine the Grip in any other way. Being a stickler for aesthetics, I was apprehensive about the standard Grip namely to the spines. Back then I had no knowledge of ASP Parts so when the compromise was suggested I agreed without hesitation as it catered to what I was aiming for.

To 'knit-pick', I had actually expected the GripBody to be reversed to how it currently is. Having the 'lesser pineapple' towards the Hilt centre IMO would have achieved more symmetry to the Emitter and Shroud whilst enabling grip further up rather than lower down. I naturally grip the Hilt over the Faux Box and Chamber anyway rather than like a Hammer so it's not detrimental. I can see the logic with flipped placement in order to more effectively accommodate the two switches. Maybe if it were a Champion Tier the option to choose which direction the grip was positioned may have been present.
Agreed it is a very different look. Regardless of my observations, my appreciation of the completed result is not lessened in anyway. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 2 months ago #54240

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That's really interesting. Seeing it the way you have it, it looks very natural to me. I can see why you might like the look of the body the other way, but honestly, I think it looks great this way. I agree that it might be tougher putting the switches in the other way. In some ways I think it might look better the way it is in my humble opinion.

Also, just chiming in on the carrier comment, I sell items on eBay (roughly 10 - 20 items a week) and we only use UPS. I had 2 packages go missing or broken USPS (and they were given to two different USPS locations in 2 different states) and I still had issues, plus tracking issues through their customer service is rough. UPS has been very easy and we (knock on wood) have never had a lost or damaged package with them. However, the cost is several dollars more. My buyers often complain on the $3-5 dollar cost increase, but for us, it's a life saver and I'd rather them complain about that instead of lost or damaged packages. One other nitpick is that Priority mail for USPS generally is faster than UPS only when going to the other side of the country. Just my experience.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 1 year 2 months ago #54375

• OvrcAHst
HotRod,
One other nitpick is that Priority mail for USPS generally is faster than UPS only when going to the other side of the country. Just my experience.
I've only ever had smaller items like clothing sent by UPS and the larger by USPS. Given it's infrequency, can't conclusively say that one is faster/better over the other. It's an important point that you mention. Often when expectant of goods, quality and security that leads to peace of mind and assurance trumps speed. This is consistently so as we all have waited at one time or another (or still are) for deliveries from SaberForge to occur. The amount paid be it higher/lower is really in place to ensure safe and success arrival.

Purely from a Tracking position, regardless of item size/package quantity/weight, between UPS, USPS, FedEx, CanadaPost I have personally found that the latter is most comprehensive with real time tracking. The former 3 have their locations documented whilst in the Country of origin but once it goes into the Processing Centre there is zero activity available and becomes a blind hope that the Mailman will 'oneday' knock at your door. CP continues it's location documentation within the addressed Country much like tracking delivery of a Pizza during its delivery run to you. This much I find favourable.

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 8 months 3 weeks ago #68098

• OvrcAHst
Customisingsy to a Custom Monarch Hero

I Posted these first few before in another Thread once, but as a refresher to before customisingsy, through a standard V4 ...

… and through a Photon.

This is the subject: Starkiller.

Not a Red Graflex button but for now, a Red knurled-edge thumbscrew. The corners and edges of the faux switch box were filed and then 5 surfaces received some sanding with a somewhat semi-polish. The same was done to the faux bunny ears to match as close-to the modified Emitter.

The only way to access the inner hilt that the shroud slides over was to remove the 6 buttonheads on either side of the switch box, the LED retention screw on the underside and the 4 Graflex pins on both sides. Once these were out, shroud slides right off.

Repeating the same method applied on CR Ares (yes, used that one as a practice run) whilst the bunny ears are fake, it didn’t stop me with cutting a hole between the would-be contracting ring and the inner hilt body to resemble an actual bunny-ear clamp.

Far from resembling anything like a Glass Eye but until SF start supplying greeblies and accessories (or TCSS replenishes their inventory to justify for me the shipping fee associated with small parts order), it’ll do… for now.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, Neesh Kedoo

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse2|Monarch 8 months 3 weeks ago #68099

• OvrcAHst
If you need a friendly reminder and don’t wanna revisit page 1 of this Review, this Hilt is running a Hero 6/6/12 setup: R/B/P.
It’s all I choose to believe with the modified result, that the illumination now simultaneous with the mouth is as it should be or minimally, better than it was before.

By leaving the Graflex-Pins out, another excuse for some additional shine-throughs. Laughing!

With all the glory around Monarch recently, glad I had a revisit to an old (but not forgotten) favourite.

Lovin’-it! (still..)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, Neesh Kedoo

Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2 8 months 3 weeks ago #68109

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
That Monarch is a beauty OvrcAHst! Awesome work. You never cease to amaze with your hilts. Keep 'em coming!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2 8 months 3 weeks ago #68142

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
:woohoo: If for some reason you ever you decide you need to find a home for this one.....call me. :whistle:

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2 8 months 3 weeks ago #68143

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Excellent saber!!! Loving the finish!
:cheer:

Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2 8 months 3 weeks ago #68156

• OvrcAHst
Greysider wrote:
That Monarch is a beauty OvrcAHst! Awesome work. You never cease to amaze with your hilts. Keep 'em coming!
Thanks Mate. Got some in the pipeline.. ;)

HotRod wrote:
:woohoo: If for some reason you ever you decide you need to find a home for this one.....
There are two pillows on my bed and each accommodates the heads of two bodies. Nestled between said pillows lays this second beauty (the first being the head and body on the other pillow from mine :P )
call me. :whistle:
on that same number that follows the words: for a good time, call..? :huh: :lol:

Muns wrote:
Excellent saber!!! Loving the finish!
:cheer:
Thanks Muns. Very distant to the customisingsy work you demonstrate on your Hilts. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2 8 months 3 weeks ago #68180

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 76
That saber is bad-ass! Love the lightning scarring on it and man... you just keep outshining most everybody here, don't ya :P
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2 8 months 2 weeks ago #68231

• OvrcAHst
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
That saber is bad-ass! Love the lightning scarring on it and man...
Thanks Mate. That part wasn't done by me rather was part of the shattered weathering through Customs.
you just keep outshining most everybody here, don't ya :P
:lol: :blush: :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrimsonJax88

Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2 6 months 1 week ago #70319

• OvrcAHst
Eye, changed the button too.

The temporary placement of the topside Red Button as Blade retention and bottomside disc as LED retention has received the intended update.

All I did was kept the 6 buttonhead screws tightened alongside the faux box the prevent the upper shroud from shifting. Removed the stock blade retention and LED retention. Drilled the 8-32 default holes with a 10-32 drill bit, tapped new 10-32 threads and BINGO!

Sexiness. It’s the smokey-eyed glass eye from TCSS.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, SuUpberSith

Monarch SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse2 6 months 1 week ago #70411

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Incredible. Just incredible.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth Duke-I've been l... (5 Posts)
    • I'm gonna just have to remove the pommel to pull the kill key, its a single allen, the sleep mode on...
    • Ezra (Rebels) Hilt Possib... (3 Posts)
    • The "Interest Sign-up Sheet" that Phil mentioned has been posted in the FB group. The link is here:...
    • Saberforge Heretic & ... (6 Posts)
    • Quote: I bought the Heretic on the 24th May and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. It will be my first...
    • Tanto Hilts Coming! (3 Posts)
    • The Apprentice versions are perfect. I'll give the Tanto a pass.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 20