Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reborn SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse3

Reborn SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse3 1 year 1 month ago #55230

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
It's finally here! and getting comfy amongst it's Brothers in a New Home. Reborn was my first SaberForge order but third received SaberForge Hilt. The ordered was placed December 13, 2015 on Etsy (together with another that is yet to be Reviewed). It wasn't a feasible exercise logistically to take delivery to an International address only then to Ship it back to USA for Custom work. This order went the long way 'round and I essentially had to make things happen the hard(er) way.

Once the leg-work was completed with Etsy, I had to co-ordinate movement with Justin and make arrangements for the order to be pulled with allocated Shipping Label assigned even though it was nowhere near advanced in the queue or closer to production. The order was essentially transferred by requisition where it joined a different queue.

I have seen many Reborn's and always had an appreciation for the uniqueness of the design. The available finishes are: Silver (combination of sand-blasted Silver anodise with Polished Aluminium), Weathered/V2 (Black Anodised and stripped) and Dual Tone. Hard enough ordinarily to pick one from the three and just to make things more challenging I added a Fourth, personal customisation.

Once receipt and delivery was confirmed by Justin from his requisition, I then had to co-ordinate a different direction of travel plans (and yes, a different job queue again) for it to be sent to UK to Khal Jahromi of KR Sabers for some Custom acid etching. Fast Forward to Star Wars Day, A pretty picture was received on the Tracking page for USPS International.

This Hilt was marked and Previewed as completed on March 3 2016 on SaberForge Custom Shop's Facebook page, here.

Trophy: Nickel Plated Polish Etched Reborn.

Specs. & Measurements:
Champion Tier 12Watt+ Indigo| Sabercore 2.0 Crimson| 32" Infinity V4| Deleted Covertech Wheel| Silver Non Lit AV Switch| Custom Milled Windows for illuminated blade shine through| Custom Acid Etch.

Blade Holder Depth= 2.25"
Length (Claw Tip to Pommel)= 12.25"
Length (Emitter to Pommel)= 11.00"
Fore-grip width (including Spines)= 1.75"
Rear-Grip width (including tapered body spines)= 1.50"

Experimented with different ambient lighting and focusing to provide a range of images.

Observations:
This Hilt is beautiful. It shines like a sparkling jewel when the suns washes the room. The contrast effect achieved with the Nickel Plating and Polishing of the negative surface texture of the etching is remarkable. The design, is intricately detailed without appearing too chaotic. The colour is magnificent and the illumination equally so. The Volume, oh my. Even on the Low Setting the boot and ignition sound is rich, deep and earthy with a dark energy.

A quick automotive analogy. You have the stock exhaust system on a production car. Take this for after-market customisation and not just installing a Cat-Back Exhaust but actually going Turbo Back. Amazing! IMO, Crimson Sound font is the only definitive choice.

The grip is pleasantly comfortable. It's not a suitable spinning Hilt but for duelling focused on swings, stabs and lunges: ideal. Gripping towards the rear over the tapered body spines is not met with any resistance. Equally so when gripping high up (where it's wider), relative really, depending on the size of your hands.

Conclusion:
Abso-friggin-lutely love it. Not even going to attempt to rate it as there is no numerical value that will accurately measure its brilliance to me. That is all. ;) Now, some more pictures. Thank You.

More to follow...
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CulinaryJedi, Jaden Korr, BoostinIX

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55231

• OvrcAHst

The following user(s) said Thank You: CulinaryJedi, Jaden Korr, =Ottomatix=

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55232

• OvrcAHst

The following user(s) said Thank You: CulinaryJedi, Jaden Korr

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55233

• Kered
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Oh man that is amazing OvercAHst all I can say is wow just wow
The force is strong in this one.but the dark side is always there
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55234

• OvrcAHst

The following user(s) said Thank You: CulinaryJedi, Jaden Korr, Kered, RyanRising, BoostinIX

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55237

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1070
To quote Jordan Moll, that thing is "Gorgeous!" You have taken what was already a very sexy design and added elements to it that not only make it unique to you, but also actually enhance the design in ways that should be made standard. Oh, perhaps not the acid etching, as that tends to be a matter of taste, but those windows, and that polished finish...Gorgeous! I can't stop saying it!

Now I know why Jordan says it so much. It is the perfect word for something like this.

Congrats, and BRAVO!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55242

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
My face as I scroll through these pictures:

EDIT: Happy 1000 posts!
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Jaden Korr.

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55244

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Jaden Korr wrote:
My face as I scroll through these pictures:

Accurate reflection of my feelings. So awesome. So, so awesome.

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55246

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
Jaden Korr is right. Whenever you post one of these, I've come to expect nothing less than a work of art, and yet I'm still blown away by each. Just wow.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55247

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 823
Hi OvrcAHst,

Only one word for it....MINDBLOWN!

So many things to congratulate you on my friend. Well done on expanding your "Family" and on becoming a Millennial Poster!
Have you thought of charging an admission fee to your house so folks can see these pieces of art?

Well done again and I can't wait for number 4!

For Tyeth

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55248

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Words can't describe the pure amazement value that I have for this masterpiece. I now realize that I don't want a Reborn; I need one!

Abso-friggin'-lutely amazing. That's all I can say.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55266

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Seriously can only say wow. That is breathtaking. You have been busy my friend. Many many many congrats on that saber. You are seriously lucky. Just wow..
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55268

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Wow!! That is probably the most beautiful, detailed sabers I've ever seen. Kudos buddy :cheer:

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55288

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Is there some sort of award for the best thing ever posted on this forum ever? :woohoo:

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55292

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Or award for best SF saber ever?
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55305

• OvrcAHst
To all that Posted Comments, Thank You. To all that Thank-You Sent, Thank You. To all that have Viewed, Thank You.
I'm still a little fuzzy with the radiance when looking at and holding this Hilt. Remarkable is just another word I mutter. I became trigger-happy with my phones camera on this one and before I knew it, had totalled 83 snaps. With no intention on Posting that many images I went through a shortlisting exercise that proved much harder. What made the cut was likely still just a few too many but hey, why not right. I have gone through a similar exercise and experience with another Hilt (Verse4) that I am resisting the best I can as if I had to pick, is my absolute favourite so far. One more glorious Custom to come, stay tuned. ;)

HotRod & Mom,
Is there some sort of award for the best thing ever posted on this forum ever?
Or award for best SF saber ever?
IDK about an Award, there are so many great Hilts that SaberForge has regardless of Customising however thank you for the gesture. Being a proud Owner of this stunning beauty is so rewarding already.

Jaden Korr & Borom,
Demonstrated perfectly by the RL Beaker from The Muppet Show however I am still pondering if I'm just a carefree Danny cruising the halls on my tricycle or if I'm actually Patrick at a place with mixed feelings with not knowing how I got there.

RyanRising,
Just hope I can live up to your expectations and not fall short. :lol:

Muns Kressh,
Thank you for your words from observation. I may be biased (just a little) but want to feel the same. I see that you're a New Member, hope to exchange conversation with you in future Posts.

40th,
Yeah 1K already and from such humble beginnings since starting in January. I must be filling the count-meter with lot's of waffles. :blush:

E64 & Brax,
Words like Sexy, Gorgeous and abso-friggin-lutely amazing are on a repeated loop.

Thanks again everyone. :)
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by OvrcAHst.

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55311

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 90
I remember back when this started, with pictures of Daniel lathing out those emitter windows. Seeing the transformation - this is one of the ones I most looked forward to once you let us know they were all on their way home.

This is a saber that I think truly deserves the description "a work of art". Incredible skill and craftsmanship went into this. Just fantastic.

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55356

• raphos
  • Thank you received: 39
Bless me father for I think I have sinned. I think I have broken that commandment about "coveting".

Seriously though, I don't really have to words to describe my reaction on seeing those pictures. Stunning! Where did that etching pattern come from? It's not quite the runic pattern I have in my head, but still gorgeous.

Cheers on you, friend!
There is no Light Side, nor Dark Side. There is only the Force. That being said... don't be a jerk.

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55370

• OvrcAHst
BZArcher,
I remember back when this started, with pictures of Daniel lathing out those emitter windows. Seeing the transformation - this is one of the ones I most looked forward to once you let us know they were all on their way home.
This is a saber that I think truly deserves the description "a work of art". Incredible skill and craftsmanship went into this. Just fantastic.
Thank You. With such excellence in Artistry by the talents of Justin Polachek, Daniel Lane & fellow Support Team all pieces that emerge from them are indeed works of art. Before the end result was even achieved from the initial concept, planning and following the progress it certainly made an interesting journey.

The question I raised to you about the Body Spines are evidently sitting loose with the only secure points held just above the switch section and parallel to the emitter rings. Personally when handling it I have found they do have a little give and I'd actually see merit if they were firmly secured further down also. Reading older Posts about this reasoned that it prevented them from taking too much movement and strain however I'd conclude if they were secured firmly it would be contrary to majority opinion. Still though, it doesn't lessen my appreciation in any way. :P Am still a little Danny taking a shining to a highly treasured addition. ;)

The following are just some examples of the progress and exchanges that took place at the very beginning.

Using an edited screenshot of another Owners DT to describe via email with Justin what I was aiming for (my original colour was to be Blood Orange).

Primitive sketches done through MSPaint specific to the Window Milling, default Blade Retention screw deletion/relocation.

Justin Posting on Facebook the progress taking form.

Part Completion. In the hands of Khal Jahromi of KR Sabers in UK.

raphos,
Bless me father for I think I have sinned. I think I have broken that commandment about "coveting".
Seriously though, I don't really have to words to describe my reaction on seeing those pictures. Stunning! Where did that etching pattern come from? It's not quite the runic pattern I have in my head, but still gorgeous.
Cheers on you, friend!
Thank You. I had another piece originally sent to Khal Jahromi from KR Sabers in UK for some acid etching. The plan was (initially) to use the pattern (from the other piece) but reversed i.e. raised foreground becoming negative space instead, but conclusions were made given the two-piece/sectional design of Reborn and placement of rings and buttons it didn't achieve a successful fit even with trimming of the pattern template. With personally wanting a reference of skulls and the theme of death/rebirth, a custom pattern was created.

Story so far. Pt II- Verse3|Reborn SF Custom 1 year 1 month ago #55482

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 299
Haven't been on in a few days and almost missed this masterpiece. It's just incredible. Wow.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth Duke-I've been l... (5 Posts)
    • I'm gonna just have to remove the pommel to pull the kill key, its a single allen, the sleep mode on...
    • Ezra (Rebels) Hilt Possib... (3 Posts)
    • The "Interest Sign-up Sheet" that Phil mentioned has been posted in the FB group. The link is here:...
    • Saberforge Heretic & ... (6 Posts)
    • Quote: I bought the Heretic on the 24th May and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. It will be my first...
    • Tanto Hilts Coming! (3 Posts)
    • The Apprentice versions are perfect. I'll give the Tanto a pass.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 20