Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Custom SF Saber

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15075

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
So, I've been teasing and talking about this saber for quite a while. I'll give you some backstory on it....

I originally contacted Justin at SF (one of the lead techs, and the head of their new customs shop) about making a custom saber for me with a custom soundboard install back in April. We talked about it for a couple weeks, kicked around some ideas, and I finally picked a design and paid for the saber end of April/early May. Some delays happened, and this may have actually been the best blessing in disguise ever, as I came up with a new saber design idea when it did, and approached Justin again with the new idea, and he approved it/liked it, and off we went. The rough idea to begin with was a viper emitter/top half with a reliant grip/bottom half, with the new relic weathering. Took a bit longer to get built and finished than I thought it would originally, but. It turned out to be worth every second of the wait time.

What came out of this simple idea I had is nothing short of an absolutely gorgeous and stunning saber that Justin built. With a Viper emitter, Dissident switch section (with custom machined in grooves), reliant wrap/grip section, and the new Relic pommel, with the relic (or shattered) weathering, a tri-cree LED set to Indigo with white Flash, a NBv2 with Acolyte and Bane soundfonts installed.... this saber is just... pure AMAZING.

I had them add the custom ito-style grip to it, over a purple leather base, to match the LED, and I am very, VERY glad I did so. The wrap is AMAZING, very well done, super comfortable, provides excellent grip... the entire saber is very, very smooth, no rough edges to any of the weathering or grooves in the switch section, even the pommel is exceptionally smooth to the touch, it's really, really astounding how comfortable and easy to use/handle this saber is. I've heard some people say that the claws interfere with spins/flourishes, but really I don't find that as even a factor; the grip on the saber is so comfortable, and the claws haven't hit me once while spinning it.

And the LED... well. It's just as bright as any 12W, and it's super even, very well lit all the way to the tip, a very solid blend of colors. It's not quite as blue in hue as the SF 12W Indigo LED, but it's not as pink as the Purple, either. It's somewhere in between, and I love it. It's perfect.

All in all, I am SUPER happy with how this turned out. It completes my cosplay, and surpasses all of my expectations set forth for it.

Also, for anyone reading this, it is my understanding that this is basically what the Legacy backer tier of the ASP kickstarter is/will be. Something along these lines; you'll be able to pick and design a saber within a certain set of limits (basically what SF has to offer) and get something like this built and designed for you... I just did mine before this was an option. :)

Video to come soon, showing the sound, flash, and different soundfonts. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: h2soy

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15076

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
i just creamed my pants…
thanks a lot man…
lol on a serious note what an awesome saber, i know I've already said it to you but congrats! that thing is a beast!

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15078

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 18
i just feel the need to create something and check with saberforge if custom builds can be made with certain parts

on side note fantastic saber man
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15079

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Here's the video:

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15084

• EvilGeth
  • Thank you received: 3
That's a kickass saber! It looks like it's seen a lot of years of faithful service!

Knytiri did you draw any pictures/schematics for them to work from for the battle damage and such? If you did would you mind showing us? :)

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15087

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 327
Work of art dude, work of art! I wouldn't choose the shattered option for myself but it sure does look good. Have you named it?

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15088

• janus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
I can't say enough about this master piece!
The combination of viper claw, tsukamaki body and relic pommel is the Perfect!!
Heavy damaged but elegant saber, congrats!
Own: Descent Hero RGBA
Luxeon converted Hasbro Darth Maul FX
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15110

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 60
The bass in that hum is beast mode!! It literally made me scrunch up my face. Definitely a Korriban Relic. Congrats.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15118

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Knytiri did you draw any pictures/schematics for them to work from for the battle damage and such? If you did would you mind showing us?

I did not! Justin does this all freehand, from what I understand (I could be wrong on that, but I don't THINK I am...) and it turns out... well. Like this! Beautifully.
Work of art dude, work of art! I wouldn't choose the shattered option for myself but it sure does look good. Have you named it?

Lex (Aletani here on the forums) has dubbed it the Virulent, and I think it fits rather well =D My only other thought, or rather, the only other smash-up name that's stuck in my head is the Vipelic. I like both, lol. But probably sticking with the Virulent, cause... it's actually a word... nstuff.... lol

And thanks for the kind words on it. Been waiting a long time for this saber, but it's all been a wait that was definitely worth while. =D

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15119

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 327
Lex (Aletani here on the forums) has dubbed it the Virulent, and I think it fits rather well =D My only other thought, or rather, the only other smash-up name that's stuck in my head is the Vipelic. I like both, lol. But probably sticking with the Virulent, cause... it's actually a word... nstuff.... lol
Noice. The emitter region does sorta look like a virus turned upside down, yay for happy coincidences.

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15121

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
That is just pure evil! Awesome stuff.

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15123

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Oh gawd that thing is sick! No virus pun intended :sick:

But seriously, b-e-a-utiful saber! I love the leather grip/viper emitter combo. In fact, I had plans to do something very similar with my ASP project, but now you've made it so ridiculously cool that I dare not attempt a cheap imitation. Back to the drawing board... :angry: :P
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by MrSynergy.

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15125

• Bietr Krrob
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
That's one amazing hilt you have there!

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15130

• Knytiri
  • Banned
But seriously, b-e-a-utiful saber! I love the leather grip/viper emitter combo. In fact, I had plans to do something very similar with my ASP project, but now you've made it so ridiculously cool that I dare not attempt a cheap imitation. Back to the drawing board... :angry: :P

Sorry!! lol. I didn't MEAN to... it just happened, I swear...

Custom SF Saber 11 months 2 weeks ago #15134

• AcerTheGreat
Awesome saber! The purple looks so good and the hilt kind of has a medieval vibe to it. Really a work of art - congrats!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fallen SF Custom|Story so... (6 Posts)
    • Thank you Ex66, Quote: Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special...
    • Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special one-off? You have a...
    • [attachment] [attachment] vv Two Indigo's under different Lighting Conditions between a 32" and 37"...
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] ...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.8k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 21
  • Yesterday Answer: 87