Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My new custom saber

My new custom saber 5 months 4 weeks ago #77080

• rockmax_exe
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi everyone. So this is my elite tier custom saber from Tom Scott. It's pretty nice. Forgive me because I'm just disenchanted with the lack of support from SF. But I love how it turned out.

I need help though. When I try to configure my fonts and sounds with the Spark Color config tool, it seems to cut off most of the window and I cannot resize it. Making further customization near impossible. Also, this is my first saber and thus I have NO experience in configuring these fonts to begin with. I've tried watching videos on YouTube, but it's just beyond me.

Could anyone offer some help? Or if someone could do it for me, that would be even better. I only want 1 font. Nothing fancy. Just looking for more colors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by Brax. Reason: Inserted photos
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Darth Squidious

My new custom saber 5 months 4 weeks ago #77086

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 672
Welcome. That's a very nice saber. :)
"I am the Senate"

My new custom saber 5 months 4 weeks ago #77113

• rockmax_exe
Thank you. I need help programming the font. It has 9, but I only need 1. Is there any one who's adept at programming who'd be able to help me? I tried the on board, but I honestly don't have the patience for it. Also, my program cuts off about a fifth of the window. It won't let me maximize or widen the window.

Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by Brax. Reason: Inserted photo

My new custom saber 5 months 4 weeks ago #77114

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 218
Few details are needed before anyone can really help, What font do you want? What color configuration are your LEDs? How many channels are set up 2 or 4? Do you have a Hero with RBGA? What colors are you wanting? Do you want your Colors to shift with twist + aux? I'm more than happy to throw a configuration file together for you sometime this week, but need some details.

My new custom saber 5 months 4 weeks ago #77120

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
That is a nice looking saber.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockmax_exe

My new custom saber 5 months 3 weeks ago #77148

• rockmax_exe
Thank you very much. It is a Hero RGBA. I have no idea what channels are. I only want 1 font, standard Jedi power up and down sound. The current kill key sound that it makes that I like is a power up sound. Everything is standard from what SF sends in the mail. I don't want any Blaster sounds, no color changes with aux or clash. The saber currently looks like it is flickering, I do not like that. I have LEDs on both ends of the crystal, and I would like them to match up with the blade color. So the colors I would like are in this order: Dark Blue, Cyan, Dark Green, Light Green, Dark Purple, Dark Red, Blood Orange, Amber, White.

Does any of this make sense? I thank you for any help you can give me. I'm not sure if this is a simple order, or very difficult. Without any crazy color swaps and clashes, I thought it would be easy.

I'm a simple man, I like my settings very simple. haha

My new custom saber 5 months 3 weeks ago #77150

• rockmax_exe
A better image with my RGB stand. I like lots of colors, what can I say. Shiny.

Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Brax. Reason: Inserted photo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7

My new custom saber 5 months 3 weeks ago #77171

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 218
Well to get a color change you need multi fonts, or twist + aux. if you want a muted saber, with a power on, extension, and retraction sound I don't get this part? I prefer a hum, swing and clash sounds too. getting rid of the flicker is doable, and getting rid flash on clash is also doable. if you want multi colors with 1 font you can either make all font banks the same font with different colors, or use 1 font with a twist + aux press.. no idea if your lower LED can color change. At this point I'm not sure how I can help you unless your in the South Florida area, I would need you and your saber present together to even see what I could do for you.

EDIT: it can be set to color change on twist, I'm gonna play around with colors this week, purple is about the only one that I have a hard time making, maybe some can suggest a setting. otherwise it'll be full blue and full red combined. And with a hero set up RBGA wont get a White.
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Vechaljian.

My new custom saber 5 months 3 weeks ago #77213

• rockmax_exe
Yeah, the twist feature is how I change the colors. I like the hum and swing with the clash. But as I've seen on some sabers how some people like to press the aux button to change the color or make different noise, is something I don't need. I'll actually be in Boca Raton in January for my cousins wedding. haha

If you want a faster communication, I can PM you my cell number.

My new custom saber 5 months 3 weeks ago #77234

• rockmax_exe
Oh, so no white. Maybe then just a different shade of blue before the cyan and greens.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• MPP Double Reveal! (7 Posts)
    • It does look amazing!!! However, the section under the grip seems to be unfinished. In the renders,...
    • Master Replicas Darth Vad... (17 Posts)
    • I'm gonna throw in my vote for the conversion as well. It really is simple. I did my ROTS Anakin,...
    • Linear Containment Blade?... (14 Posts)
    • Quote: For Tyeth, do you have a Unicorn at home? I do agree on the Narwhal resemblance, but how would I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6467
  • Latest Member: vools
  • Total Posts: 64.3k
  • Total Topics: 5448
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 32
  • Yesterday Answer: 79