Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Prestige

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19803

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 270
I Already posted these photos on the FB group earlier today, but here they are for those of you who are not on there and are here on the forum. I've also already revealed the look of this saber as well. But I find these are better photos than the ones I took previously. So to show it off a bit and give the subtle work done to it some justification as it looks and feels great in person. I thought I'd add some more pictures to the gallery.

The Prestige is what I renamed my custom phoenix. I call it the Prestige because it's a similar term to the Exalted in definition and both are going to become a set or pair to "my" character… once the Exalted arrives of course.

The mods weren't extensive, just some elegant finishing and classic additions. So without further adieu. Allow me to introduce you to… with some rather unprestigious photos

The Prestige!

Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by NeBosa.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19804

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Some glam shots

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19805

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
With a VV dual diffused mid-grade blade. 32" length powered by a 12w+ Cyan.

A VV Photon Blade. 32" length powered by the same 12w+ Cyan.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19814

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 708
Loving those modifications!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: NeBosa

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19815

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Thank you kindly Brax!

It's all about the sanding and the pins maaaaaaan. Lol

It turned out really clean though. Combined with the removal of that retention knob (which also cleans up the lines) and adhering the shroud in place, it makes it so much more comfortable to wield as I've mentioned before. Those who also own the phoenix will know what I mean.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by NeBosa.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19816

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 327
Those who also own the phoenix will know what I mean.
QFT

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19817

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
To the point where you almost don't even want to pick it up and swing it around hey man?!
You just pick it up and kind of admire the aesthetics of it and put it down.
I'm so glad it's off and the shroud is glued down.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19821

• sf master Lucien Kane
  • Knight of Tythos Ridge
  • Thank you received: 135
Love it!
"This challenge you will not overcome. Your lightsaber is nothing against the power of the dark side."
"That's why I always carry two."
The following user(s) said Thank You: NeBosa

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19835

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
At first I didn't realize how subtle the mods were - I had to compare it to the stock photo! I really like what you did, though. It gives the saber a great character.

Do you think SF would sell the "stock" one with a fixed shroud, or would that have to go through the customs shop?

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19838

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Thank you Archer.
Subtle mods are usually the ones I prefer to do. Its the same way I've modified my car. Some will notice the changes, some won't, and that's what I like.
You'd probably have to email them and ask. I could only speculate if they will adhere it for you or not. I wish I could be more help

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19847

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Wow, I really like how that turned out. No powdercoat if I understand right, more secured shroud and I really like how this pommel looks compared to the usual one. This makes me reconsider this one with how you got it to look.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19850

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Zed! But get your own mod ideas!! lol :silly:

The mods i did to it was have the powder coat removed and have the standard sanded finish returned. The pommel has been milled and then they gave it a dual tone finish. Along with sanded sections.
The shroud retention knob has been removed. The threaded hole in which the retention knob sat in was then plugged so it wouldn't let light through when ignited. The shroud then was rotated 180º covering the location of the old shroud retention bore and creating a clean look on top, but then the opening in the shroud itself is now located on the under side. From there I had them drill in a new bore and recess 3 Graflex Pins. Then after they adhered the shroud in place as mentioned to keep it from moving and shifting.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19890

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
Man, this is awesome, great job! When I saw the phoenix come out I knew I had to have it, but I wasn't really excited about the finish they put on it, it made it look very, I dunno...toyish. I thought that if I ever got one, i would ask for it in the polished silver finish. But I still don't know how the new custom shop works.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19898

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Thanks man.
I knew mine needed to be polished too.

Email them This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Tell them the saber you have and what you want to do it with it. They'll tell you what they can and can't do. You agree. They give you a time frame to do said customizations. You pay an hourly shop rate in exchange for the time taken to do your customizations.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19904

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
NeBosa wrote:
Thanks man.
I knew mine needed to be polished too.

Email them This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Tell them the saber you have and what you want to do it with it. They'll tell you what they can and can't do. You agree. They give you a time frame to do said customizations. You pay an hourly shop rate in exchange for the time taken to do your customizations.
Oh, I see. As I've said before, I'm not yet familiar with the customs shop, so a question: How do they know which saber is yours when you ask for the customization? Do you contact the shop after or before you do the purchase? And, i thought customizations weren't possibloe on etsy?
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19911

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
I already owned this saber and had it in my possession, it wasn't a direct customization through Etsy. I sent it to them for some warranty repairs and had them customize it while it was already there. I just took advantage of a situation as the custom shop just opened.

I'm just a random guy and am not familiar either. So I email them and ask them what I want to know that's specific to me. I'm just telling you what I've found out in my process.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19912

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
NeBosa wrote:
I already owned this saber and had it in my possession, it wasn't a direct customization through Etsy. I sent it to them for some warranty repairs and had them customize it while it was already there. I just took advantage of a situation as the custom shop just opened.

I'm just a random guy and am not familiar either. So I email them and ask them what I want to know that's specific to me. I'm just telling you what I've found out in my process.
Oh, sweet taking up the opportunity. Thats pretty cool, not only you got your repairs but you also got some upgrades.

The Prestige 9 months 1 week ago #19914

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Precisely B)

Kinda like a lose, win, win. haha

The Prestige 9 months 6 days ago #20048

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
So, you have to have the saber already in your possession, at which point you contact the custom shop and then you send the saber to them? I ask because I want this saber but I prefer the polished finish on the shroud, correct? Not sure if its the shroud or the emitter, I'll have to specify to them. The pommel would also have to be polished.

The Prestige 9 months 6 days ago #20050

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
So, you have to have the saber already in your possession, at which point you contact the custom shop and then you send the saber to them? I ask because I want this saber but I prefer the polished finish on the shroud, correct? Not sure if its the shroud or the emitter, I'll have to specify to them. The pommel would also have to be polished.

No, you don't HAVE to have one for them to customize it. I've recently updated the FAQ with some details on the customs shop:
Q - Can SaberForge do X?

A - It doesn't matter what "X" is, to get an answer, you're unfortunately in the wrong spot. Email all questions of customization and warranty-related inquiries directly to SaberForge at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . This also includes all wait time inquiries. Per forum rules, all of these need to be addressed directly to SF and not on the forum.

Also, depending upon the nature of the request, it may be best suited for SF's new custom shop. They can be reached at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Q - What are some details on the new customs shop?

A - Probably the most common question is: what is the wait time for the custom shop? And the answer to that is: It varies. Depending upon the current workload that the customs shop has, it could be as short as a week or two, or as long as a typical saber order. It just really varies on what they have going on, what it is you're requesting to be done, how time-consuming the work you want done will be, and on several other factors. There is no wait time currently set in stone. Upon contacting them, they will most likely update you with an estimated time frame. Keep in mind, the time frame is just an estimate, not a guarantee.

The second cost is: cost. How much does it cost? This answer will again vary upon what you're having done. Their current rate for work $80 / hour of work done on the saber. I've been advised by the head of the customs shop himself this means that modified ASP and SF sabers are where you're going to get the most bang for your buck. They can do more, faster on these hilts. Anything beyond that, will just depend on the time it takes to build, design, create, etc...

The last common question: How many powdercoating colors are there? The real answer? A LOT. There are over 20 base colors, which can be combined in certain cases for other colors... meaning the limit is pretty high up there. They have a lot of customization available at their fingertips.

Depending on what you want to do, it's best to contact them first. If you're talking about customizing an order already in progress, they can still assist you with that. If you haven't made the order yet, you'll submit directly through them, I would imagine. Shoot them an email, the best way to find out what they offer is to speak with them. :)
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.8k
  • Total Topics: 3125
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104