Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 3 weeks ago #21552

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 271
Say hello to my Saberforge Guardian. It began as a hilt in a standard finish then received the custom treatment from the hands of a wizard by the name of Shameem. What started as quick, simple inquiry became a completed piece of battle ready art within a few magical moments while I was still wondering if he was considering selling a Guardian.

The custom mods are:
- A red knurled knob threaded into a red led a/v switch that has a black housing. This was a SF custom modification Shameem already had them do for him.
-Some weathering was completed on the body and covertech wheel along with some light shattering on the emitter and shroud was done by Shameem.

It's a 12w Champ.
It's green in colour as you are in envy.
It has a DSE (Darkside Engineering) blade plug that I installed.
Pictured with a 26" VV Photon blade which technically only reacts with a blue led, however I'm using it as a day blade as well.

I'd like to hear some ideas for a new title instead of its SF title of the Guardian to suit its custom stature. I thank you in advance for your comments and name ideas.
I hope you like how it turned out it as much as I do.

Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by NeBosa.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajeekenobi

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 3 weeks ago #21553

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 434
Nice saber. Kind of hard to tell, but the av switch still lights up right? WhIch character is this hilt modeled after if any?
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by =Ottomatix=. Reason: FN' auto spell

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 3 weeks ago #21554

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Yup, it still lights up. It almost gives it a red glow under the knurled knob.
You can somewhat see it in a couple of the pictures if you look for it.

I'm around 10 months into collecting and this is my 3rd saber. Waiting for my 4th which is getting upgraded. In the process of selling my 1st. And just ordered another so my total will be back to 4 lol. :silly:

This one is modelled after Qui-Gon Jinn

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 3 weeks ago #21555

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 434
Awe yes Qui-Gon Jinn. That's what I thought, loved his character. I'm new to saber collecting, and I've seen most of Darth Mario's work. So he just did the mod on a saber you sent him?

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 3 weeks ago #21557

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
Names?

Fallen Guardian

Last Stand

... That's all I got.
Bwah-hah! It is a beaut and one of a kind!

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 3 weeks ago #21559

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Awe yes Qui-Gon Jinn. That's what I thought, loved his character. I'm new to saber collecting, and I've seen most of Darth Mario's work. So he just did the mod on a saber you sent him?

Actually, I was conversing with him about his cross guard he is customizing for himself and was commending him on his work. I've been considering a Guardian for a bit now and know that he has an extensive collection of sabers. So I asked him if he had one for sale or knew someone that perhaps had one. He told me he had one he was actually just considering to sell as he needed to free up some cash for the soundboards or something of that nature that he wanted to purchase for his cross guard. I asked what his specs were, told him what I was looking for. And during our conversation he just modded it as I wanted it to my surprise as I was still waiting for an answer if he would sell it lol. Then I paid him promptly and he sent it to me as quickly. So I just got extremely lucky in this case that he had one to sell where usually you'd send him your own. It must have been a will of the force.

He does take commissions for custom work but is currently over-loaded. You can contact the customs division at SF as well and they can custom a hilt in house for you for added cost at an hourly rate that is based on the time required for the customizations you request.

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 3 weeks ago #21560

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
h2soy wrote:
Names?

Fallen Guardian

Last Stand

... That's all I got.
Bwah-hah! It is a beaut and one of a kind!

I also considered Fallen Guardian funny enough.
Last Stand isn't bad actually. I was almost even considering, The Taken.
His life was taken. His saber was Taken by Kenobi to defeat Maul. He acted in 3 Taken movies… lol

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 3 weeks ago #21611

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Man that weathering is soooooo sweet. I have been holding off on getting one of these in the hopes that they might reinforce the shroud at some point. Knowing me I will probably give in sooner than later.

Coot

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 2 weeks ago #21691

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Coot83 wrote:
Man that weathering is soooooo sweet. I have been holding off on getting one of these in the hopes that they might reinforce the shroud at some point. Knowing me I will probably give in sooner than later.

Coot

Thanks man. I dig the job he did a lot. He was able to accurately accomplish what I had in mind when I asked him to weather it in this manner.

I'm unsure what you mean by reinforcing the shroud?

I quite honestly had no intention of getting a Guardian for some time. Then I saw some details in their newer version that turned me off. I knew I was going to get it at one point or another, so I figured just to go for it now. So I searched out an older version and was able to get just what I wanted in terms of weathering and all.

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 2 weeks ago #21701

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
NeBosa wrote:
Coot83 wrote:

Coot

Thanks man. I dig the job he did a lot. He was able to accurately accomplish what I had in mind when I asked him to weather it in this manner.

I'm unsure what you mean by reinforcing the shroud?

I quite honestly had no intention of getting a Guardian for some time. Then I saw some details in their newer version that turned me off. I knew I was going to get it at one point or another, so I figured just to go for it now. So I searched out an older version and was able to get just what I wanted in terms of weathering and all.

I have read on reviews that some guys will take off the shroud before dueling with it since the shroud isnt very sturdy. Which to me is a bummer as I think this saber does really well for dueling as far as comfortability. What are the newer changes to it that yours doesnt have? I thought they were the same for the most part? I could see me getting my shroud dinged up, but then again I like the weathered look so it would probably go well with it anyway.

Coot

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 2 weeks ago #21706

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
The only change is that they anodize the shroud now instead of sand it or whatever coating it had before.
So it has that silver metallic look to it in the manner of the Phoenix, Ka'tano, etc.

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 2 weeks ago #21707

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
NeBosa wrote:
The only change is that they anodize the shroud now instead of sand it or whatever coating it had before.
So it has that silver metallic look to it in the manner of the Phoenix, Ka'tano, etc.

What? When did this happen? The guardian is next on my list, but I want it with the shiny shroud. Hopefully the ones left on etsy come this way.

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 2 weeks ago #21708

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Happened a bit ago I guess.
When I spent time searching for a possible Guardian or just see pics of others with there's. A forum member sent me pics of their new one and that's how I noticed. Then I inquired about it and sure enough. That's the finish on the shroud now.

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 2 weeks ago #21813

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
NeBosa wrote:
Happened a bit ago I guess.
When I spent time searching for a possible Guardian or just see pics of others with there's. A forum member sent me pics of their new one and that's how I noticed. Then I inquired about it and sure enough. That's the finish on the shroud now.

See, this is the kind of thing they really need to have a blog or something for, or at the very least a production update section in the forums. Changes like this may seem minor, but could be frustrating for a customer expecting to get what's pictured and receiving something else. They're busy, I get it, but the time it takes to make a quick update vs having to redo a saber would be a lot less.

Anyway, not ranting. Thanks for the info NeBosa, I'll definitely inquire about it before I get one to see if the nickel plating can still be an option.

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 2 weeks ago #21879

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
No problem man.
It is a good thing to know.

By the way. Nickel plating will cost you quite a lot. I'd suggest if you decide to purchase one. Go thru Justin and the custom shop and pay a bit more to have him sand the shroud down rather than have the anodized finish if thats what you prefer.

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 2 weeks ago #21921

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 18
really fantastic saber it looks all gorgous

i feel the urge to get this saber next year
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 2 weeks ago #21937

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
  • "Do or do not, there is no try..."
Excellent!!!

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 8 months 2 weeks ago #21943

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Bro2044 and Jedikind.
I'm very happy how it turned out.

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 6 months 2 weeks ago #26828

• Aidzer0
  • Thank you received: 16
Fantastic looking saber, jeepers, Shameem's work is always unbelievable, I follow his youtube channel and all his work is great.

That looks like a custom plug? looks brilliant, congrats on the great hilt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omelas

Custom Guardian 12w Green Champion 6 months 2 weeks ago #26837

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Thanks man.
The plug is made by Shayne at Darkside Engineering and can be found on the imperialroyalarms site.
Shameems work is top notch and I'm happy to have been able to befriend him on FB and pick his brain occasionally along with seeing the work he continuesro pproduce in both weathering and electronics.

I no longer have this saber tho. I made a deal for a trade last week and sent it off to its new owner while I wait for a different hilt in return :-)
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Which Blue Shade should I... (1 Posts)
    • Hey guys, so I have a couple questions on the blues saberforge has to offer. First, is their a...
    • Hey guys, I need some hel... (2 Posts)
    • I don't think anyone has found a place to buy them. Lots have used rubber O-Rings.
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (108 Posts)
    • These just popped up on Etsy and the main site...or I'm just late to the party. Either way I'd wager...
    • Hero Tier RGBA Prodigal S... (12 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Hey Guys, Here is my unboxing video for anyone that's interested. Hey Mate, I'm interested and am...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4361
  • Latest Member: Valamar
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3138
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 9
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 105
  • Yesterday Answer: 98