Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Customized 12W+ Indigo Disciple: "Night's Thorn"

Customized 12W+ Indigo Disciple: "Night's Thorn" 6 months 2 weeks ago #25412

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
So, I've been sitting on this saber for the better part of three months, but for several reasons I finally gave in to temptation and presented it to my wife as her early Sithmas present. :)

This saber is celebrating a lot of things. We just bought our first house together. I locked down the design with Justin on our third wedding anniversary. We're both conquering some pretty serious health issues and making things go in the right direction.

I wanted something very special that I could give her the night we went to Force Awakens...well, I almost made it, but we had some friends visiting who had helped me when I was brainstorming ideas, and they deserved the chance to see her take up her saber for the first time, so I decided that I was done waiting. :)

The black body combined with the silver and purple powdercoat is just amazing. I originally had asked about a purple wrap, but Justin felt it made the saber too busy - and after seeing how gorgeous that sleek black leather made it, I am very glad he talked me out of it.

This was my first 12W+ saber, and man, that is BRIGHT. The indigo is a great color to show off the intensity - especially with how the blue and red dies blend once you have a blade in it.

As you can see, she hated it. :)

I put a TCSS thumbscrew in for display purposes and making it easier to swap the blade plug in and out, but when she starts doing proper saber training we'll use the proper set screw just to be safe. It worked just fine for going out to the front yard and swinging it around in the dark, though.

The only other slight customization I forgot to get a picture of is the blade plug - it's the "basic" apprentice plug, but Justin replaced the usual weathered stud in the center with a glossy black one to match the hilt body.

This was my first custom build. It won't be my last. I had an amazing experience, and Justin turned my ideas into reality incredibly quickly. I can't say thank you enough!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blorb, For Tyeth

Customized 12W+ Indigo Disciple: "Night's Thorn" 6 months 2 weeks ago #25413

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi."
  • Thank you received: 148
Congratulations Mrs. BZArcher! That's a beauty of a saber there! And one lucky lady as well!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Customized 12W+ Indigo Disciple: "Night's Thorn" 6 months 2 weeks ago #25414

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 399
Again, great looking saber! Justin has a keen eye for cool. Like the black wrap. Night's Thorn is a perfect name. I hope you and your wife get thru your health issues. Merry Xmas & MTFBWY :lol:

Customized 12W+ Indigo Disciple: "Night's Thorn" 6 months 2 weeks ago #25417

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 698
Man! Everything coming out of that shop is just wicked great! Hat's off for your design ideas, and congrats on a beautiful saber!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Customized 12W+ Indigo Disciple: "Night's Thorn" 6 months 2 weeks ago #25418

• yeek
  • Thank you received: 4
Awesome saber, congrats!

Customized 12W+ Indigo Disciple: "Night's Thorn" 6 months 2 weeks ago #25422

• Dav Yeager
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Very nice i'd love to see the blade plug
The light shall burn away the darkness

Customized 12W+ Indigo Disciple: "Night's Thorn" 6 months 2 weeks ago #25423

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
At work I can't see the pictures, but I have a phone. AH AH! Suck that my employer!
I've been able to have a look at your wife's saber.

It's absolutely stunning. Gorgeous piece. I wouldn't be surprised if SF Customs considered it one of their absolute masterpieces. The silver, purple and black rings along the emitter give it a very very cool look. Plus, it really is gorgeous!

Hope you and your wife make it through your health issues as fast and as successfully as possible, make sure to rest mate ;)

Customized 12W+ Indigo Disciple: "Night's Thorn" 6 months 2 weeks ago #25427

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hello Mrs BZArcher,

Congratulations on a beautiful saber and a fitting name to christen it by! I heard about your secret Saber when I was researching my purchase and was intrigued to see how it turned out. It has exceeded any of the descriptions I read. I can see you love it and I hope it will serve you well, long into the future!

Hello BZArcher,

Congrats on holding out so long! Great to see a happy event unfold!

Thanks to you both for sharing.

For Tyeth

Customized 12W+ Indigo Disciple: "Night's Thorn" 6 months 2 weeks ago #25542

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Beautiful saber; congrats!
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Current Status of Shippin... (34 Posts)
    • Quote: Just to chime in, I ordered some accessories (cases) and they shipped the very next day from Etsy....
    • Saberforge Day Blades (46 Posts)
    • Oh they're not terrible to sand, I talk to a bunch of tourney goers :P Just be nice to have it come...
    • POOR Quality Redeemer! Ca... (36 Posts)
    • A perfectly reasonable option; CSR's should be able to help you through this process. They may take...
    • POOR Quality Redeemer! Ca... (36 Posts)
    • Hi all, I think I am gonna RETURN IT unless they changed back to old design. All of those issues...
    • Saberforge Day Blades (46 Posts)
    • Try to get hold of one of the guys who went to the tournament (TSL)... There is a way

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4322
  • Latest Member: pinewood
  • Total Posts: 45.5k
  • Total Topics: 3194
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 12
  • Today Answer: 75
  • Yesterday Answer: 122