Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Silver Knight.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38701

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
Ok so originally I had ordered an Exile way back in October but in December it was..."misplaced" during the USPS fiasco, so I lost it. To compensate for my loss :( I was offered by CSR Joshua several alternative options to make up for it, this includes rushed order and expitted shipping (that's all I'm going to say about that cuz I don't want newcomers to think that this is an open deal for everyone and misquote me), it was a one time deal. I thought "hmm, well I did want a Silver Knight" so I did and got myself a SK!

I ordered it on a Monday and I got it on a Thursday of the same week, lucky me! B) This is my second saber of my ever growing collection. I ordered it in 12w+ Frost White but I'm sure it came in a regular white LED. It's no biggie, I love it and I went through too much to have to return it for an LED change. It's still hella bright! I think the 12+ white or Frost white is by far one of the brightest LEDs out there. The saber is beautiful, simple, elegant, and super comfortable. It comes with a covertech knob AND a d-ring just in case you can't make up your mind. But I wanted to keep its tubular form and removed the knob, which can be done very easily. It's an excellent dueler and it's actually a BIT longer than most of the SF sabers. I've already put it through some paces and it's awesome. Thank you Joshua for your help, I'll def be ordering another saber in the future. So enough of that here are some pics: (because the pictures are large for the camera-to-PC I'm forced to upload pictures one by one, sorry)

Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, For Tyeth

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38703

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
Next batch!

Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38704

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 71
White looks great

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38705

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member

This is a completely dark room

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38706

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
I love the look of the SK, how does it feel in your hand? Is it too heavy? Considering buying this one in the future, its why I asked. Awesome purchase from the looks of it.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38707

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member

I noticed that there is some very VERY subtle weathering done to the emitter and it is so nice to look at because it gives it some personality. BTW kudos to whoever smithed this saber because I didn't ask for it but SF delivers 110%! They go the extra mile to please you.

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38708

• Tuckris
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 47
That is a truly beautiful saber. I honestly love everything about the Silver knight, and if I ever get money to buy a second one for myself it will be very hard to resist following your lead. Congratulations.

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38711

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
It seems insane that that's a darkened room, but I have no reason to doubt you. That is an amazing saber and amazingly bright!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38712

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
The Silver Knight is just such a fantastic design, it has long been on my top 5 list. As for the Frost White LED, I think it goes so well with the SK it is hard to imagine it any other way in my minds eye. WHEN I finally get the SK, it will be in Frost White, so I applaud your choice. If memory serves, the Frost White took the place of the regular white LED a few months back, so that might have been the only way to go if you wanted white. I could be mistaken, but that was my recollection.

Anyway, congrats on the saber! You have my respect for your choice, and my envy for ownership of such a fine weapon. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Brax.

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38715

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Brax wrote:
The Silver Knight is just such a fantastic design, it has long been on my top 5 list. As for the Frost White LED, I think it goes so well with the SK it is hard to imagine it any other way in my minds eye. WHEN I finally get the SK, it will be in Frost White, so I applaud your choice. If memory serves, the Frost White took the place of the regular white LED a few months back, so that might have been the only way to go if you wanted white. I could be mistaken, but that was my recollection.

Anyway, congrats on the saber! You have my respect for your choice, any my envy for ownership of such a fine weapon. B)
Thanks Brax. That's the interesting thing though, I ordered the saber in a Frost white after it had already replaced the regualr one and well...something mighta happened, I dunno. I would've loved to see the frost white but guess in the future I suppose.

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38716

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
Nice Saber Dude and congrats on the 2nd addition to your collection. (saddened to hear about the AWOL problem you had) The white is an obvious choice and it looks great too. Always had an apprehension that it looked too much like a fluorescent tube but from your pics, definitely not the case.
Am having a love/hate with the SK vs the Archon, my problem.

How long is the SK hilt, from top of emitter peak to pommel?
Apart from the pommel, is the hilt one piece i.e. does the emitter shroud and grip shroud separate where the inlaid grip is (like I imagine the Guardian does)?

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38717

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Nice Saber Dude and congrats on the 2nd addition to your collection. (saddened to hear about the AWOL problem you had) The white is an obvious choice and it looks great too. Always had an apprehension that it looked too much like a fluorescent tube but from your pics, definitely not the case.
Am having a love/hate with the SK vs the Archon, my problem.

How long is the SK hilt, from top of emitter peak to pommel?
Apart from the pommel, is the hilt one piece i.e. does the emitter shroud and grip shroud separate where the inlaid grip is (like I imagine the Guardian does)?
Its about 13inches long, it is a bit longer than most of the sabers on saberforge. It's in the same ballpark as the archon, bane, and venomous fury in terms of length. The S-shroud is a single piece but it is VERY secure to the emitter, then the body is comprised of two pieces and then the pommel. Very simple build but somehow I think it can easily be customed with some extra flare!

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38718

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
BTW the archon is next on my list, I'm gonna get that royal beauty in indigo. :woohoo:

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38719

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
greyjediDude wrote:
BTW the archon is next on my list, I'm gonna get that royal beauty in indigo. :woohoo:

I have seen Indigo in 12w form, and it is beautiful. In 12w+, it will be out of this world in brightness and color. It will be a good match for an Archon.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38720

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
Very, very nice. You wouldn't know that room is dark to look at it- though I think that's because you have it in white. But very nice choice, and other people being happy makes me happy! Most of the time. Gratz.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38722

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
Decline if unreasonable, do you have a pic of the seldom shown side i.e. 180 degrees from black inlay, where the kill-key & activation switch is?

The silver body looks polished too rather the anodised frosted appearance on Etsy. Is this a standard finish and at about 13 inches long is balance best achieved with a 26 or a 32?

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38724

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Congrats on your 2nd saber dude! The Silver Knight looks fantastic! I was never really sure about the white/frost color but with that saber it really looks beautiful! Good Job!

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38729

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Decline if unreasonable, do you have a pic of the seldom shown side i.e. 180 degrees from black inlay, where the kill-key & activation switch is?

The silver body looks polished too rather the anodised frosted appearance on Etsy. Is this a standard finish and at about 13 inches long is balance best achieved with a 26 or a 32?
The saber is polished without a doubt, and that is standard, they replaced the anodized silver with the polished silver. Very shiny, and I went with a 32in blade, since the hilt is long 32in is my goto.

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38731

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Congtraz! Glad to see you have a saber to be pleased about. :)

What makes you think it is the regular white (i.e. not Frost White)? FW has a very subtle hint of blue after you stare at it for several seconds. Super bright as you said.
"I am the Senate"

My 2nd saber, the Silver Knight 12w+ white LED 1 year 4 months ago #38732

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Execute66 wrote:
Congtraz! Glad to see you have a saber to be pleased about. :)

What makes you think it is the regular white (i.e. not Frost White)? FW has a very subtle hint of blue after you stare at it for several seconds. Super bright as you said.
Trust me I checked, there is no blue in this bad boy. I stared down at the actual LED and nothing. At least it's 12w+, I've how the FW looks on camera and the one I got contrasts from it.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5264
  • Latest Member: ThomasDup
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4690
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119