Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Sinister Prophecy.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55329

• Savannah95
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 169
This is a little preview for my Sinister Prophecy review. I will do the full-on review on Monday or Tuesday, but I'd like to start off with part 1 of my ridiculously long story/review of my saber. Enjoy this part 1 on shipping/delivery!

I have quite the story to tell about the shipping process, mainly the uhhh... interesting delivery. I ordered on 2/2/16, and had my first status change on 4/27. On the morning of 5/5, I entered pre-shipment. By that same evening, USPS had received my saber. Early Saturday morning (5/7), I got a text notification saying that the saber is in Florence and is out for delivery. I was so excited that I kept staring out the window; however, I had to finish cleaning up the house because my mother was on the way for a visit! My dog, who usually notifies me of any activity at the front door was right in position, and I was downstairs so I knew I would hear the doorbell or any knocks....

Well apparently that was not the case. I did hear what sounded like the USPS truck outside so I came out to see him driving off into the distance to leave my neighborhood. I could not believe it. I checked the mail and saw the infamous pink slip... I freaked out. How did I not hear him when I was one room from the front door? Why did my dog not even bark when she was awake and looking out the window? How was I supposed to get my saber now, on a Saturday when the post office closes in an hour and the mail guy was still making deliveries? I was heartbroken thinking I would have to wait until Monday or Tuesday. I called my dad for some advice, and he told me to track him down. I thought he was ridiculous. How was I supposed to know where he went next? He made a logical guess saying he may be in a very large neighborhood just down the road toward town. He said, "If you want it bad enough, hunt for him and see if he's in there".

I hunted all right. I'd never been in that labyrinth of a neighborhood to begin with, so I was aimlessly looking around hoping the Force was with me to find this guy. As I was about to give up and head out, I saw him. He was talking to a homeowner and I pulled my car up there across from them. I felt bad for interrupting the conversation but I asked our mail guy (Mr. Springs, he's a super nice guy and a great postman!) if he'd just been in my neighborhood. He said yes and I showed him that pink slip. He was like, "Oh yes, Miss Barber, I have that package right here!" He said he had ringed the doorbell and commented that the dog usually barks, and I replied that I was doing some last-minute cleaning and had no idea why the dog did not freak out as usual. She may be old but she still hates people coming to the door! I signed for it right there and happily drove back home with the toblerone box in my passenger seat. Right as I got home, my mom pulled in (perfect timing)! I was super excited to unbox the saber with her watching as she had heard very much about it.

The meat of the review (with picturessssss!!!!) coming soon once I'm out of the hospital!

-Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue
-Fury V1 Indigo
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Savannah95.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, For Tyeth, CallMeMistaJ, MommyHoldMe, RyanRising, DK44, SuUpberSith, samross04, raphos

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55496

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 973
Get well soon! We look forward to hearing all about your new saber!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55535

• Savannah95
  • Premium Member
Thanks! I finally got the review together!

First Impressions of the Hilt Itself

When I first saw the hilt, I was blown away. The weathering was so nicely done and I loved every detail of it! The Sinister Prophecy is a big hilt but surprisingly light, and it felt good with a one or two-handed grip. The grooves in the hilt really help with the handling and I don't find it uncomfortable at all. Sure, the forked emitter is obviously a little pointy (understatement) at its tips but that does not matter too much with the blade in, though it can be unforgiving I'm sure if a mistake is made in handling it. Filing the points down wouldn't be a big deal at all, and honestly it is the only very sharp area on the hilt. For those wondering about the kill keys, mine did come with the new Saber Forge one, shown below:

The blade windows are amazing! When the saber is on, the light pours through them so vividly and it can be painfully bright when looking at them relatively close. Even far away it can be overwhelming. I love it though, it gives the saber a very potent character and basically gives it a "whoever wields this must not be overlooked in the slightest" feel. I looked over the hilt so closely about a million times by now, and I couldn't have asked for a better finish on it, or a better looking hilt. The covertech does not get in the way when I handle it, but my small hands have lots of room on the hilt anyway so I never thought it would be an issue.

Sound

The sound board is something else. When I fired it up at full charge, I was immediately impressed. All of the sounds are loud and crisp, and it is authentic. The viridian soundfont is pleasant to hear, I'd say much more so than the obsidian sound in my US reaper, and the options I have on the board's menu is a nice touch in case I have to make any adjustments. The LED and the sound are in great working order, no issues so far! I love the clash sounds most of all, but I enjoy the idle hum and honestly, everything else! It is everything I had hoped for in a lightsaber.

Arctic Blue LED

So the color... It is the most breathtaking shade of blue I've ever seen. I tried to find some color palette pictures on the web to give an idea of its true color as my only camera (iPhone) just cannot even begin to capture it. In fact, the top blade window in this picture is my best shot at trying to show the true color:

I could not find anything that could do it justice. I guess my forum sig at the bottom, the outline of the Republic logo and the light emanating from the saber on top are the best representations of the in-person color. Just simply imagine a cold, icy blue color. It's definitely blue, it doesn't look like the website picture of the color (obviously). It's not almost white; it is such a vibrant shade of blue with the lightest touch of green in the LED to bring out its "arctic" feel without making it greenish like cyan. I have to say, this will likely be my favorite saber color overall, but absolutely my most favorite blue. The contrast of that color with the darker weathered finish is exactly what I was looking for. The color pops even more and the hilt's variant shades between silver and black compliment that icy blue perfectly. The LED fade-out when the saber is powered off is an awesome little detail, subtle and graceful.

That 12W+ is soooo bright! Since I have 6W and 9W sabers already, I can compare and tell the difference. Even with the 37" blade, it lights evenly throughout and shows no sign of dullness toward the tip. I love how the most intense, bright light is shown where the blade windows are. As I said above, it adds in tons of personality. It'll look even more bright with a 32" blade!

Practical Use

So for practical use, this saber feels great! I actually ended up opting for the 37" blade due to the windowed emitter, and it is not too long for me at 5'3". I will still get a 32" blade for it since spins and more agile moves can be more difficult with the 37" (my blade would end up hitting the floor sometimes!) :P . I did however get this as a true 2-handed saber, and the 37" compliments the length of the hilt (just short of 13") perfectly in that regard. Even with how far the blade sits in, the 37" does have a very slight wobble when swinging the saber quickly, even with a snug retention screw. I can tighten the retention screw enough to stop it without making it too tight though. I'm sure with a 32" blade that won't be a problem at all.

Conclusion

Overall, this is one heck of a saber. It will make for a great dueler! The Sinister Prophecy is a beautiful hilt and is very much a practical style for both solo practice and dueling, and would excel in 2-handed combat. You can't go wrong with the weathered finish (although I do want one in standard and all-black as well). Arctic blue was such a great choice and I'm glad I went with it as I almost did purple or cyan. I hope this generates some more Sinister Prophecy love out there for those who were either not convinced or were on the fence. Any questions are much appreciated since I know I cannot possibly cover every possible point about it.

Also, I'm going to post the rest of the pics separately. :silly:

-Fury V1 Indigo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Execute66, For Tyeth, OvrcAHst, BoostinIX, SuUpberSith, Brady329

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55536

• Savannah95
  • Premium Member
More Pics:

-Fury V1 Indigo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Execute66, For Tyeth, Kered, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst, CallMeMistaJ, RyanRising, BoostinIX, SuUpberSith, samross04

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55539

• raphos
  • Thank you received: 39
Nice review, and a very nice saber to boot! I really like the emitter and pommel on that hilt. And did I spot an US Reaper hilt in the background there? That was my very first saber! :cheer: That kill key though... awesome. Your pics make me really glad I went with weathering on my first SF purchase. Still have a ways to go before I get it though.

Cheers!
There is no Light Side, nor Dark Side. There is only the Force. That being said... don't be a jerk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Savannah95

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55542

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 535
Awesome hilt, Savannah! Thanks for sharing your review; it really looks great! It took me several seconds to see the SF logo on the kill key, instead of a winged ant head, but I got it now XD

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55547

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Wow that Artic Blue is stunning. I love the emitter on the SP. You did very well for yourself. Beautiful beautiful saber. Congrats, Savannah! Very excited for you.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55585

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Great review! Love the weathered look and the Artic blue LED is becoming my next choice. Nice job breaking down the experience and the look/feel of the saber. Hope you get to enjoy it the rest of the week. Thanks for sharing.
- Light em up

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55586

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
Think I'll regret not getting that! Very good Review, and it looks lovely. Does it have a name? And I hope you're doing good sense the hospital? TY
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55588

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 434
Great review and beautiful saber! :)

Quite like the new kill-key!

I like the photos too. The blue shown in the photo looks more like Medium to Deep Blue. Fascinating what cameras do!
"I am the Senate"

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55589

• Savannah95
  • Premium Member
SuUpberSith wrote:
Think I'll regret not getting that! Very good Review, and it looks lovely. Does it have a name? And I hope you're doing good sense the hospital? TY

I'm doing okay, everything went well! I actually haven't thought of a name yet since I love 'Sinister Prophecy' too. The saber as a whole is definitely me, which is why I ultimately picked it! If a super cool name comes to mind, I'll certainly reveal it here! :lol:

-Fury V1 Indigo
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55593

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 123
Great looking saber Savannah95! I'm glad you were able to find your mailman, that would've sucked if you had to wait more days! The artic blue looks fantastic! Congrats & Enjoy!

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55604

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 510
Savannah95 great looking saber. The mailman blunder, and manhunt, well straight out of the movies.
"That lightsaber is MINE!"

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55648

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 277
Awesome hilt Savannah95. Can't go wrong with Arctic blue. Beautiful.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55655

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Very Awesome Review! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome saber with us!!!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55801

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
Great write-up, great story, great saber. I'm not really feeling all that eloquent today, for which I apologize, but I appreciate your review. This also makes me glad I've got an Arctic Blue LED coming. Thanks!
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Sinister Prophecy V2 Arctic Blue 10 months 1 week ago #55807

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
It was a pleasure reading the detailing of events that surrounded your delivery, the eagerness was real with the Hunt and the chase down. The demonstration of determination was surreal. Great Saber choice and pairing with Arctic Blue Savannah95. Thank you for sharing such a notable piece worthy to any Owners Collection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Savannah95
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Health scare (9 Posts)
    • Glad you're feeling better! We had this tear through our house the other month. Kind of the same...
    • ASP Switch Hole Size? (3 Posts)
    • More specifically, 12mm switches with 14mm heads. There are larger 12mm switches that won't fit, so...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (17 Posts)
    • So correct me if I'm wrong, but the Talon has a new emitter that's different from the Forsaken? IE...
    • Wait Times (3 Posts)
    • Also depends on whether you just ordered a normal hilt or if you added customization (ie powder...
    • Emitter 8c (5 Posts)
    • My apologies for not replying here sooner, busy week and checking the forums in the weekend isn't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 35