Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Han Solo Movie Loses Directors

Han Solo Movie Loses Directors 4 months 2 weeks ago #76374

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 535
Will Ron be allowed to do his thing? The OG directors that were let go, weren't allowed to do their thing. Disney will turn Starwars into something I can't get on board with. TFA really let me down and the Golden circle at Disney doesn't give a damn about a good story, just $$$$$$$$$$$$ :unsure: :sick: :dry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Han Solo Movie Loses Directors 4 months 2 weeks ago #76379

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 338
:dry: :whistle:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Han Solo Movie Loses Directors 4 months 2 weeks ago #76382

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Will Ron be allowed to do his thing? The OG directors that were let go, weren't allowed to do their thing. Disney will turn Starwars into something I can't get on board with. TFA really let me down and the Golden circle at Disney doesn't give a damn about a good story, just $$$$$$$$$$$$ :unsure: :sick: :dry:

That would be LucasFilm, not Disney. They were fired for "creative differences" with Kathleen Kennedy, head of LucasFilm. Disney may own them, but LucasFilm still has creative control over Star Wars. As long as LucasFilm keeps making them money, Disney will be happy.

Han Solo Movie Loses Directors 4 months 2 weeks ago #76384

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 109
Darth Squidious wrote:
You know who I would have liked to see take over Han's story is Guy Richie. That would be an awesome movie.
:woohoo:
You read my mind; I love Guy Ritchie movies, even the recent King Arthur that most people don't like, I love. His directing style - fast-paced, energetic, pumping adrenaline and witty, snarky dialogue - really hit home for me every time he does it (be it Snatch, Lock/Stock, Rock'N'Rolla, Sherlock Holmes or Man from U.N.C.L.E.).
That would be my dream come true for the Star Wars universe; see directors with a unique style of their own try and tell a story set in the Star Wars universe - imagine what a Tarantino or a Nolan could do :P

But, that being said; it seems we're already getting that, seeing as now indeed Ron Howard is on board :cheer:
I love Apollo 13 and Rush and his Dan Brown movies I so far like really well (haven't seen Inferno yet, but Angels&Demons and Da Vinci's Code were great adventure/scavenger movies like National Treasure/Indiana Jones, only a bit less comical, but still very exciting and tense).
Very curious to see indeed how the creative differences will be solved, whether Ron will follow what Christoper Miller and Phil Lord have done so far and just give the movie a better fitting with what Lucasfilm had intended, or if he indeed will be reshooting it all.
I hope for the former, even if that means it becomes more of a collaborative directing movie than a 100% Ron Howard film; I think Lord and Miller are too funny too let their input be completely lost - so here's hoping we still get to see some of their stuff in the movie when it does get released.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Han Solo Movie Loses Directors 4 months 2 weeks ago #76398

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1355
If this is even remotely true, not only were the two directors fired for good cause, it makes Ron Howard's job even more difficult!

Movie Web Story - Alden Ehrenreich responsible for Phil Lord Chris Miller Firing
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Brax.

Han Solo Movie Loses Directors 4 months 2 weeks ago #76399

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
If they were really getting into an Ace Ventura comedy level, then good riddance! I love the Ace Ventura films, but I don't want to see that in Star Wars. We want to see Han Solo as the reckless young smuggler with his friends Lando and Chewbacca, but we don't need any screwball comedy.

All I'm going to say is, if Ron Howard needs more time, they'd better push that release date back from May 25. Don't rush the man because this is a movie they absolutely have to get right if they want to keep some fans.

Han Solo Movie Loses Directors 4 months 2 weeks ago #76400

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 165
I have a bad feeling about this........
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (15 Posts)
    • I second that! I want to see it named correctly, and I want to see it depicted just as it was in...
    • Quote: Maybe Drommund Kaas, and Korriban will be next on the list of planets to be "legitimized"? One can...
    • Maybe Drommund Kaas, and Korriban will be next on the list of planets to be "legitimized"? One can...
    • Thrawn was alive and in the Imperial military during those eras, so it's not like a massive...
    • Saberforge Talon help (4 Posts)
    • The closest thing I've experienced to the sound but no light issue and a saber flat out not wanting...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5121
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 22
  • Yesterday Answer: 24