Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84296

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
This might be a potential spoiler, so if you don't want to know anything about the Solo movie, please stop reading...

OK, I saw an article yesterday about the Falcon's new look for "Solo", and I wanted to see what anyone else thought about it. Apparently, there have been leaked photos of a Lego set of what they are calling the "Kessel Run Millennium Falcon", and it's more than just a new paint job. I'm not posting any photos because the video in the article said something about incurring the rath of Disney, so I'd rather avoid that, but I'm sure a quick Google search will have what I'm talking about.

I can't really decide if I like it or not. I certainly prefer the original, but I think if this were a different ship completely (and had a different name, of course), I think I might kind of like it. My biggest issue is that I thought the Falcon made a confirmed cameo in one of the prequel movies, and looked the same albeit with a new color scheme. If the Falcon has this new look in "Solo", I guess that means that cameo has been changed to a look-alike.

Any thoughts?
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Rennek.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84298

• 26jhoran
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Honestly I think it looks really sharp and nice the way it is for this upcoming movie, it does aggravate me a bit because it seems needless but at the same time if they're sticking us with a Han Solo movie, I want to see what they can do. I would assume that all the prequel apperances will just end up being little Easter eggs, they're were a bunch of YT class (different falcons kinda) ships in that time

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84299

• Sharangir
  • Thank you received: 5
"all these changes".. there's a smaller gun, smaller sat dish and different paint job..

For all we know, the front can be split open and Han will change its appearance during the movie.

Never been a huge fan of Han Solo, but I'll watch it anyways, because the other spin-off movie was awesome!

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84303

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 228
Well that took a bit of searching. You weren't kidding about the "Wrath of Disney" part. I found a number of articles with missing images. But, I finally found one. My thought is: Meh. Why change it? Why not just have the **same** ship as before? How hard is that? I'm sure the changes will all be explained, or the ship will be modded by the end of the film to look like it did originally, making it all pointless.

Though, they did the same with the Tantive IV in ROTS. The ship looked different, because it had been "refitted" by the time of the original film. :sick:

Rennek wrote:
My biggest issue is that I thought the Falcon made a confirmed cameo in one of the prequel movies, and looked the same albeit with a new color scheme. If the Falcon has this new look in "Solo", I guess that means that cameo has been changed to a look-alike.

Two or three YT-1300 looking freighters were on the landing pad on Naboo when the transport carrying Anakin and Padme arrived in AOTC. A YT-1300 class freighter was approaching the Senate building at the same time that Obi-Wan and Anakin returned there after rescuing the Chancellor in the Battle of Coruscant in ROTS. There may have also been one or two other "Easter egg" appearances. However, as none of the ship(s) seen were identified as the Falcon specifically in dialog, (or mentioned at all) that just means they're freighters of the same class, or at least similar looking.
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by scifidude79.

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84307

• Sharangir
For those wondering: just google
Lego Kessel Run Millennium Falcon

In pictures. Should be at the very top.

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84308

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
You don't even have to put "Lego" on there, just "Kessel Run Millennium Falcon" will get you there. Also, you don't have to use Google, other web searches work too. Most of them anymore have image results.

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84310

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1004
Hi All,

Yeah I saw this three days back and I wasn't impressed by the new look. To me it looks as if they have just simplified the Falcon to look like a cartoon. It's much easier to draw that wedge shape nose rather than the Falcon Mandibles, say they wanted to put it into a new animation.

But the Falcon didn't just appear in Star Wars...Oh No, they are gonna have to re-write/retcon Spaceballs too....look at this...
Can you see it?

Ok close up!

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84312

• Sharangir
After the whole "okay, I'll hold.." story with Poe, I half expect a double feature next. Star Balls, Space Wars.. Ball Wars?

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84313

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Sharangir,

I don't know if that crossover will happen, the Falcon in Spaceballs was the result of an agreement between Lucas and the Spaceballs production team. The SB producers showed their ideas to Lucas to sort of get his blessing to use the "SchwartzSaber" (I'm copyrighting that name!) and Lucas liked the idea of the parody so ILM did a lot of SFX for the film. As an Easter Egg thank you the SB producers put the Falcon onto the landing pad forecourt of the diner.

A similar agreement took place between Lucas and Spielberg so that Star Wars merchandise and ET dressed as Yoda appeared in ET. Then, when the prequels came out Lucas put ET into the Senate chamber as a character, as his half of the bargain! (So technically ET is part of SW Canon)

For Tyeth

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84315

• Sharangir
ET is in Star Wars?

Damn, I have to re-watch them all now..

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84318

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Sharangir,

Yes, but he is hard to spot (It is in Phantom Menace)

And this is a description of the race ET belongs to.

Asogians were paddle-footed, large-eyed sentients indigenous to Brodo Asogi. During the last decades of the Galactic Republic, the Asogians were represented in the Galactic Senate by Senator Grebleips and a trio of aides. When the Republic became the Galactic Empire at the conclusion of the Clone Wars, Grebleips was charged with treason, and the Asogians' home planet became a part of the autocratic new government. More than twenty years later, during the Galactic Civil War that pitted the Empire against the Alliance to Restore the Republic, an Asogian infochant named Braxas operated on the Outer Rim planet of Solay.

I discovered this while designing my ET inspired ASP called Be-Gud!

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by For Tyeth.

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84336

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
For Tyeth wrote:
But the Falcon didn't just appear in Star Wars...Oh No, they are gonna have to re-write/retcon Spaceballs too

Not to mention Starship Troopers.

Don't see it in that image? Try this one:

See, they're not very considerate to anyone when they go and change things like this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84337

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi scifidude79,

And Star Wars producers themselves like to sneak off franchise eggs into movies...

Can't see it? Ok a bit closer...

And just in case you can't make it out may I present "The Batmobile"!...

Is nothing sacred or safe from being COPIED?

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by For Tyeth.

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 4 days ago #84339

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 83
I'm sure Han Solo made modifications to the ship down the road. I read something recently about the interior of the ship and how bad life on the ship would have been for anyone living on it, beyond Han and Chewie. It just wasn't designed for a large crew. It also showed how Han retro fit a small area for Leia so it had a kitchen or a shower or something added to make life a little easier on board. I'm sure at some point it's either due to Han changing it or something will happen to it during the movie and the final reveal of the well-known design will be right at the end of the movie for the typical feel good moment and to show continuity.
No matter where you go, there you are.

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 3 days ago #84347

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 44
Looking at it...is it possible that's just a cargo module that un-docks and comes right off, or a crew module that Han jettisons for the sake of speed/performance?

I dunno. I will agree that if this was just some other YT series Corellian freighter it'd be just fine.

[edit]: WAIT.....if it's specifically referred to as the "Kessel Run" Falcon, maybe it's an enhancement that he makes just for the Kessel Run itself, then afterwards he decides he hates it and takes it back off.
* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Roger Redux.

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 3 days ago #84350

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Roger Redux wrote:
Looking at it...is it possible that's just a cargo module that un-docks and comes right off, or a crew module that Han jettisons for the sake of speed/performance?

That wouldn't be the only time he jettisoned a cargo, that was what got Han in trouble with Jabba in the first place IIRC!

For Tyeth

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 3 days ago #84360

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
For Tyeth wrote:
That wouldn't be the only time he jettisoned a cargo, that was what got Han in trouble with Jabba in the first place IIRC!

At the first sighting of an Imperial cruiser, according to Greedo and Jabba.

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 3 days ago #84362

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
So I found this image and was fascinated by both the read and images. I doubt it's canon, probably even fan made to be honest, but I think it lends credence to "cargo modules, etc"

Also, keep in mind that canonically Wookies were used in the Kessel spice mines. I wouldn't be surprised to see Han rescue Chewie from the mines during one of his "Kessel runs" in the new movie. Afterwards he wouldn't be allowed to run the Kessel spice route anymore and wouldn't need the same ship setup.

EDIT: Any idea how to insert an image without it shrinking down? It's perfectly legible before I insert it. Or is it just a uh...'feature' of the SF forums?
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Kirabi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, Rhyno

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 3 days ago #84365

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1523
The forum can only handle images 800k in size, or less. Enough for some detail, but in order to show anything larger, you would have to link to an outside hosting site. :)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

"Solo" Millennium Falcon (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) 1 week 3 days ago #84370

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi All,

Is this better just click on image for bigger one!

Thanks Kirabi for your first attempt.

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by For Tyeth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, Rhyno, Sharangir
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Wave 2 Renders (47 Posts)
    • @ThomasSnyder: could you render a curved saberstaff? I’ve always wanted to see a saberforge...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (47 Posts)
    • Wow, I might actually go for an ASP now, this new wave 2 looks great!
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (915 Posts)
    • I have ordered my parts for mauler at 8 of november+( and still no shipping and no updates+((
    • 300$ mystery box (20 Posts)
    • So... Status update. I ordered mine Dec 18 and I ran out of patience for waiting, and radio silence,...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6472
  • Latest Member: Darth Krakus
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5449
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 67