Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Sorcerer.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Sorcer saberstaff

Sorcer saberstaff 2 years 1 month ago #10250

• Mournblade
That looks sweet! Kind of looks like an evil mace or something out of Lord of the Rings.

I had a loose speaker issue with one of my Fury hilts. I just opened up the bottom and shimmed the speaker with a piece of paper folded over a couple of times and it did the trick.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sorcer saberstaff 2 years 1 month ago #10253

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
beautiful colors! congrats! hope you enjoy it!
funny enough however, i have the same exact problems with mine (loose speaker, sharp edges, wrong blade plug).
i was told to send it back to them to have the problems fixed, however i decided not to.
what i will say is i have not heard back from saber forge about receiving the correct blade plug, so good luck!

Sorcer saberstaff 2 years 1 month ago #10264

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Hey guys sorry to hear you've had some bad luck with quality and wrong items.

How limited was this run?

Sad to hear the blade plugs were the wrong lengths that could be last second rushing to fill orders forgivable but for the money you'd think they'd go to great lengths to make sure everything sent was correct.

I've never owned any SF sabers but I imagine certain designs are more prone to seeming shoddy in hand with little rattles and stuff where others probably seem more solid nothing loose.

Sorcer saberstaff 2 years 1 month ago #10267

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I'd like to ask what you mean by "incorrect blade plugs"... if you mean they were not the detailed ones, as in... like in this picture:

And were instead the simpler plugs, such as what used to come in their apprentice line only, it is my understanding that the simple plugs are what they're using for several of the new models instead. Especially ones like the Sorc. Mine had the apprentice plug. And I liked it that way... the slight rim on the other plugs caught on the claws and made it difficult to get in and out when I tried using one of those.

As to the other issues... ouch. :(

Sorcer saberstaff 2 years 1 month ago #10283

• Knytiri
  • Banned
They advertise it with the detailed plugs, I expect the detailed plugs. The Sorcerer is not an Apprentice level saber, neither in price nor design, and should not be equipped as such. Your understanding of how they operate, unless you're an employee in which case address this, and your satisfaction with their inconsistency (which no customer should EVER do) really have no bearing here. You shouldn't be justifying poor business practices.

Well. Excuse me for asking a question to clarify what you're having an issue with. And please point out to me ANYWHERE that I did any of this so-called justifying? I simply asked which blade plug was being discussed, and used my own experience as an example. You need to calm down and stop attacking other forum members...

Sorcer saberstaff 2 years 1 month ago #10284

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
If anyone has any issues with any of their sabers received from SaberForge, contact them. Speculating on the forum as to why an actual product differs from an advertised product instead of asking SaberForge customer service directly seems to me to be an inefficient use of everyone's time.

I continue to give SaberForge my business because the 99% of the time I receive the correct products and they are exquisite, and the 1% of times I receive something that isn't working, or is wrong, I have contacted them and respectfully described the issues, and they have always repaired/replaced damaged products or sent correct products, often allowing me to keep the incorrect items they originally sent, such as blade plugs or LED modules.

That's my two cents. Just keep conversations civil here, guys. I don't have patience for drama.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Knytiri, Luno-Jay, h2soy

Sorcer saberstaff 2 years 1 month ago #10295

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
OK fellow Sorcerers, i have a couple fixes for everyone with problems (aside from the wrong blade plugs of course lol)
SHARP EDGES: can be sanded down relatively easily with aluminum sand paper and some elbow grease, or if you have any kind of power tool sander this will work, just be careful! this will sadly take the metal down to a shiny bare aluminum. which can then be spay painted over with any black chrome or anodized spay paint and look good as new. (also this will probably void your warranty)
LOOSE SPEAKER: a pair of needle nose pliers, and a steady hand are all that are required. First remove the pommel, inside is a gold ring. next use your pliers or wire cutters or any tool with a grip to GENTLY squeeze the ring together using the tiny holes on the ring. and slowly move it down further, or crooked, holding the speaker snug in place.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL! the speaker inside can be damaged if you slip or push in to far, the speaker is of course magnetized, so if your using something metal take your time and beware.
you don't want that gold ring to be to tight, because this will interfere with the speaker and eventually cause it to fail ( you'll also have a lot less volume coming out), or to loose as it will rattle around inside.
STICKY BLADE PLUG
the claws on the emitter are probably your problem. using a bigger sized allen wrench, or a hexagon screwdriver loosen them all until the blade plug slides out as it should again and gently tighten them back into place. go slowly, because to tight and you'll run into the same problem, and to loose the claws will wiggle or fall off. there should be no play in the claw, but hey should ring if you use two fingers and quickly click the prong.

i did not have the money or time to send my saber back to saber forge, which is what they replied to me in a message. that being said i opted to do the work myself, which is disheartening, but for me necessary.
not trying to cause drama with anyone else, just trying to vent with other saber owners who were disappointed. because i haven't heard back from saber forge about the blade plug, as darth mario has suggested. hopefully this helped you guys. **PLEASE NOTE** all of these processes i used to fix my saber, however i am sure that by tampering i have voided my warranty and you will to.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Luno-Jay.

Sorcer saberstaff 2 years 1 month ago #10327

• Knytiri
  • Banned
It's not a fanboy "act" when you communicate with SF with respect and they fix any problems that you have with them. I had one order show up with an error, and they took care of it promptly, and it didn't cost me anything extra whatsoever. My other orders have gone through without a single problem. Sorry you apparently have problems with your orders, but getting mad and throwing what equates to a temper tantrum on the forums and being rude and disrespectful to not only SF but other members does not seem like a mature, nor reasonable way to handle the situation.

I get that you may be frustrated, but seriously... the sarcasm and the attitude is just childish. If I was Phil, I would tell you to go have fun with your busted sabers and refuse to sell to you.

Also, your version of the "truth" is your opinion, your experience. I can find you a dozen or more people that have nothing but good to say about SF, their customer service, and what they do and make. You don't like it? Don't buy it. Don't come here. It's pretty simple.

But that's just MY two cents on the matter.

Sorcer saberstaff 2 years 1 month ago #10332

• SFQuarterMaster-Justin
  • Thank you received: 12
Taking up a matter with civility and respect is one thing. Approaching it with hostility is another and yields way different results. Just saying. If you have an issue please take it up with customer service. They will help you and address your concerns and make things right even if its as simple as sending out the proper blade plugs. I have discussed this issue with the saber tech that built it and the owner will be aware to prevent this from happening again. As for the fact that they are sharp edges and the fact normal plugs don't fit well. Thats out of my control. I dont handle designs. So please if anything is wrong please contact customer service and They will straighten anything out with you. As for the drama in this thread further arguments against other members will result in forum moderation so please keep conversations respectful. Thank you.
anybody do animated gif sigs? the saberforge staff would love some. PM me if you do them and would be willing to help out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miraluka, galade120, Mas-Ir Sel, Luno-Jay, h2soy

Sorcer saberstaff 2 years 1 month ago #10334

• Ribber
  • Thank you received: 16
MDTaylor wrote:
However, this thread was started to discuss problems with the Sorcerer saber.

No, this thread was started so I could show off my new saber.
May the Force serve you well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mas-Ir Sel, Luno-Jay
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• First saber and electroni... (3 Posts)
    • If you're looking at a stunt kit, you could go Plug and Play if you don't feel like soldering. You'd...
    • Chassis Help (3 Posts)
    • Like Brax said, 3D printing. Go to Shapeways (web search for it.) Search on there for "SaberForge"...
    • Prodigal Son Battery Help... (2 Posts)
    • I am guessing that the answer to this might be answered by your previous question about a chassis....
    • Chassis Help (3 Posts)
    • I am no expert, but I believe anyone who is would recommend a chassis if possible. Better for wire...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5291
  • Latest Member: DonaldTal
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4705
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 6