Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Trouble Registering on the Forum, or Contacting CS

Trouble Registering on the Forum, or Contacting CS 1 year 4 months ago #59476

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1318
Over the past couple of weeks, I have become aware of a number of folks who encountered trouble trying to contact SaberForge. Some were just attempting to register accounts on the forum, but never received a verification e-mail so they could complete the registration process. Others were trying to contact Customer Support, often times repeatedly with no success. The one thing that both of these situations seem to have in common is that there are unfortunately some e-mail providers that either filter out, or are for whatever reason, unable to send, or receive e-mail from SaberForge. I don't have a list of them. I only know they exist. It is even possible that the ones that don't work change over time. I just don't know enough about the particulars of the issue to be able to articulate any more than that. I just know the problem exists.

We tend to think that if we send e-mail, that it always arrives at its intended destination, and that if we don't get a response it must be the recipient just not being diligent. However, in these cases, it has been found that the e-mail was not received by customer service, and in the case of forum registration, automated reply was never received.

So, here is what I suggest to improve things (and this will be made a part of the FAQ if it has the positive effect I hope it will):

1, If you are attempting to contact customer support (allowing a few days for them to respond), and not getting a response, try sending from a mainstream provider like g-mail, or yahoo. If you still don't get a response after that, let me know, and I will do what I can to help.

2. If you are having problems registering on the forum, PM me with the user name/e-mail address you are using, and I can fix it on the back-end of the forum. ***Edit: see the post below for the correct procedure to contact me with registration issues***

I am hopeful that just knowing there is a problem will help us work around it. Folks will be able to communicate with CS more effectively, and perhaps our "ghost" users on the forum will be encouraged to register if that was the reason they are still "ghost" users.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

Trouble Registering on the Forum, or Contacting CS 1 year 4 months ago #59644

• Brax
  • Administrator
As one of our astute members pointed out (thanks RichellM), the PM system does not work without a registered account. So, I have set-up a new e-mail account for myself that I will use only for issues concerning the SaberForge forum.

That address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . I will check this account regularly to monitor for issues like this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Kouri

Trouble Registering on the Forum, or Contacting CS 1 year 3 months ago #60946

• RichellM
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
No problem, your welcome!

Trouble Registering on the Forum, or Contacting CS 1 year 2 months ago #63864

• Matthews567
I tried emailing them but haven't gotten a response all week. I feel like I am harassing them at this point but I don't know what else to do. I'm not being rude or hostile or anything, I just saved up for so long to be able to purchase this saber and simply want it in the condition that saber forge is known for (excellent quality). Perhaps I am just impatient and they have a lot of traffic, I just get paranoid easily. Thank you.

Trouble Registering on the Forum, or Contacting CS 1 year 2 months ago #63879

• Brax
  • Administrator
They take between 3-5 business days to respond under normal circumstances. A tad longer if they are slammed. Not sure when you sent your e-mail, but if you have not heard from them in that time, let me know, and I will see what I can do to assist.

Trouble Registering on the Forum, or Contacting CS 1 year 2 months ago #63957

• MrBond
  • Thank you received: 19
Hey Brax, I use gmail and sent an email about an order cancellation on the 21st and a follow-up email 3 days ago... Should I still wait or is there anything you can do on your side? I'm worried that if it takes too long, it'll enter the build queue and I'll be out of luck... :|
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by MrBond.

Trouble Registering on the Forum, or Contacting CS 1 year 2 months ago #63961

• Brax
  • Administrator
I will do what I can, and PM you when I hear something. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrBond

Trouble Registering on the Forum, or Contacting CS 1 year 2 months ago #64043

• MrBond
  • Thank you received: 19
Hey Brax, dunno if you did anything but I just got a response and they even issue the refund all at once... so if you had anything to do with this, thanks alot and if not, well... keep up the good work!

Trouble Registering on the Forum, or Contacting CS 1 year 2 months ago #64044

• Brax
  • Administrator
I am not sure if the action today would have happened regardless of my intervention, but I am gonna go ahead and just say...You're welcome! B) :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrBond
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Shoto saber design, ISO i... (9 Posts)
    • The 10 switch measures about 1 5/8". That might be cutting it close. Look into a Resilient switch....
    • Component (capacitor) bro... (3 Posts)
    • Thanks for that info. Makes sense C1 for capacitor 1 I guess. I'm sure someone on the forums knows...
    • Fall Sale 15% off (18 Posts)
    • Quote: This is a long, long shot. Does anyone know when the next Saberforge Xiphos promo-special might be?...
    • Looking for update on ord... (16 Posts)
    • ^ Same here, agree entirely with Gorobulus. One thing the saber industry has taught me is we cannot...
    • Shoto saber design, ISO i... (9 Posts)
    • Here's what you need to know. The ASP builder and the parts list actually show different...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5826
  • Latest Member: James35
  • Total Posts: 60.6k
  • Total Topics: 5028
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 30