Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: ASP Professional Assembly

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #66408

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 625
ukyavuz wrote:

If you are asking about assembly ones even warrior one has in-hilt recharge port and surely champion has it too.

Right now, Plug & Play Champion soundboard is just that - a soundboard, a battery holder and quick connect deans to the switch and LED. If you want a recharge port, then you will have to purchase that and solder yourself or purchase the Professional Assembly. I am asking if there is going to be a Plug & Play Champion kit with recharge port.
"I am the Senate"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #66421

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Execute66 wrote:
ukyavuz wrote:

If you are asking about assembly ones even warrior one has in-hilt recharge port and surely champion has it too.

Right now, Plug & Play Champion soundboard is just that - a soundboard, a battery holder and quick connect deans to the switch and LED. If you want a recharge port, then you will have to purchase that and solder yourself or purchase the Professional Assembly. I am asking if there is going to be a Plug & Play Champion kit with recharge port.
Phil confirmed there will be plug and play recharge port and lit av switches in another thread can't remember which one though but it had a more relevant name like in charge ports or something
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 4 weeks ago #67297

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1661
Educated by SFCS recently, the Pro Assembly (whilst referencing alignment in the description) doesn't actually provide alignment of parts to how you specifically want them i.e. (excluding part flips) wanting a specific degree turn for the greeblies to match centred. If I prefer say Vigilant greeblies to be aligned to Mauler greeblies aligned with Emitter Topside and have AV switch and charge Port on underside, SFCS says: No.

The PnP Kit and loose part(s) purchase still gives you flexibility (but no factory charge port) of performing specific orientation and they aren't glued-shut out from the box. There is also a grey-area that exists that stems from SFCS specific to Pro Assembly of a Warrior (for sake of charge port) specific to the pre-selected Parts. It writes to select 4 parts i.e. Emitter, Switch, Body & Pommel. Confusion there adds to confusion here (for me) when the Adapter (for TNs) becomes a 5th Part and isn't recognised.

A request to send in an email (after Purchase) of the desired alignment (as picture) from saberparts (builder rendered image) isn't accommodated either.

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 4 weeks ago #67306

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Pro-Assembly will align as if the hilt was a SF original design, which means it will "make sense". I wasn't expecting customized alignment.

My new ASP Serreno Savage has arrived. It's my first Pro-Assembly. It aligned perfectly. Video to follow soon.
"I am the Senate"

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 4 weeks ago #67307

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
I got my hero tier assembled sabers as well today. One thing come to mind is I really don't like tactile buttons. They are hard to use compared to av switches and does not really look natural on my hilts and I will be asking for two lit AV switches for next one if i ever get another hero tier. My preview will dollow later when I have enough time on hand and when sabers are recharged but that is only negative point i have and compared to look, feel and enjoyment it is not even a minor one. Here is a picture though with some of my other star wars related items :P

It is the black sabers with light green wrapping that are new guys which I will dub as "Greenstalker" in their staff form.(Yes I have a thing for green and honetly silver, dual or weathered hilts can't give these wrapping the effect I want like black :P)

A close up before I charge batteries
Did I mention they are RGBA?
Green family saberstaves :P
Last Edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by ukyavuz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, OvrcAHst

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 4 weeks ago #67309

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
Pro-Assembly will align as if the hilt was a SF original design, which means it will "make sense". I wasn't expecting customized alignment.

My new ASP Serreno Savage has arrived. It's my first Pro-Assembly. It aligned perfectly. Video to follow soon.
Sooo... question for ya, are switch holes default topside with positioning and is there any correlation to how they are uploaded on saberparts builder, 'cos not all switch parts are loaded with switch holes facing topside (without any rotations) where some are loaded default bottomside. Am I to exercise blind faith that a Pro-assembled Hilt will be 'aligned right' with it either deviating from saberparts builder (where ASP is born and tied to) or 'hope' that the production will get it right?

As for the reference to 'aligned as-if' to a SF original design, if a standard production line Hilt is replicated from ASP I can understand. But what about every other combination born from ASP where there is no 'SF original design' to take cues from?

This, I don't interpret as 'customised alignment' rather expect clearer explanation with how it's done. Yeah, it may be a minute matter for most and with your Reviewed Hilts, nothing ever seems to be or go wrong. Me on the other hand, seem to get more wrong than right and with International Delivery from there to here already swallowed, to entertain a bubbled footlong from here back to there is not a so quick to entertain matter.

ukyavuz wrote:
I got my hero tier assembled sabers as well today. One thing come to mind is I really don't like tactile buttons. They are hard to use compared to av switches and does not really look natural on my hilts and I will be asking for two lit AV switches for next one if i ever get another hero tier. My preview will dollow later when I have enough time on hand and when sabers are recharged but that is only negative point i have and compared to look, feel and enjoyment it is not even a minor one. Here is a picture though with some of my other star wars related items :P
:woohoo: Heyyy... Nice additions to your Collection Mate. Kinda makes 'your friendly neighbourhood' seem outta place. Are these a subliminal nod to the current showing in Cinemas of Pete's Dragon? :P

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 4 weeks ago #67310

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
I have never seen any SF hilt that has the switch mounted in the bottom switch hole (i.e. closer to the body). It's always closer to the emitter. That's standard, so that's what to expect. By customized alignment, one might prefer instead to have the switch holes facing some other angel with respect to the emitter, e.g. a Rebel front face turned 90 degrees with respect to the switch section, or using your own example about lining up emitter greeblies with switch greeblies.
"I am the Senate"

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 3 weeks ago #67316

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
I have never seen any SF hilt that has the switch mounted in the bottom switch hole (i.e. closer to the body). It's always closer to the emitter. That's standard, so that's what to expect.
:lol: :dry: Just for you then.. consistent with my against the grain.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

That's not what I meant. Of the two drilled switch holes, yes the top hole (closest to Emitter) is the presumed 'standard' location however it most definitely is not 'always' (reference image did not result from a specific request either).
By customized alignment, one might prefer instead to have the switch holes facing some other angel with respect to the emitter, e.g. a Rebel front face turned 90 degrees with respect to the switch section, or using your own example about lining up emitter greeblies with switch greeblies.
I'm not asking for a customised alignment because SFCS have already confirmed that it's not something that's accommodated. I am simply asking (because of your confidence and multiple ASP Hilts already purchased and delivered) what am I supposed to expect specific to the positioning of the switch holes (regardless of which hole is used for AV and which for charge port) i.e. do I make myself an ass and assume the switch holes are default topside oriented even though some switch parts are loaded default bottomside oriented per saberparts builder?

For example.
default loaded switch section (no rotations) with switch holes topside.

default loaded switch section (no rotations) with switch holes bottomside.

When it comes to configuring the Body and Pommel Parts, how am I to expect how the parts will be aligned when Pro-Assembled. Will bottom image simply be rotated 180degrees for the 'always topside' theory therefore shifting the alignment of parts on either side?

It is noted that declining Pro assembly and buying shims can ensure how one desires. But until charge ports are available for PnP Kits and since I admit to being a doofus with DIY electronic installs, the Pro-Assembly is the option, so educate me please cos you seem to know. :huh:

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 3 weeks ago #67323

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
If I was using the Mauler switch section, then I would have assumed the switch holes are bottom aligned, i.e. the red and silver screws facing me. And if that switch section was coupled with the Rebel emitter, then I would have also assumed the Rebel emitter's shorter shroud was facing me because both positions are what SF have done with the respective original hilts. I haven't seen an original SF hilt design that they aligned not "making sense".
"I am the Senate"

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 3 weeks ago #67327

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
ukyavuz wrote:
:woohoo: Heyyy... Nice additions to your Collection Mate. Kinda makes 'your friendly neighbourhood' seem outta place. Are these a subliminal nod to the current showing in Cinemas of Pete's Dragon? :P

My friendly neighboorhood was more of a concept saber i did with ultrasabers menace series I didn't even make or got any custom work on them i was aiming for a fire/ice look but than saw iron man version and though 'hey it could be done with these'. Green family is what my mind runs a little wild with something like ASP and considering all awesome legacy sabers out there my mind runs even wilder and waiting for ustom shop to officially open for more interesting pieces. And no i didn't heard that movie my dragon fetish comes from Dungeons And dragons and tabletop fantasy gaming :P

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 3 weeks ago #67336

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:

Is that a Champion hilt? I meant to say I have never seen a Champion hilt with top hole = recharge port, bottom = switch. I don't own any SF Warrior tiers nor SF Hero tiers. As far as Champions Tiers are concern, which I have several, all consistently have top = switch, bottom = recharge port & kill key.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Execute66.

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 3 weeks ago #67337

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
It writes to select 4 parts i.e. Emitter, Switch, Body & Pommel. Confusion there adds to confusion here (for me) when the Adapter (for TNs) becomes a 5th Part and isn't recognised.

I think it's obvious to me that if you ordered an ASP thin neck emitter, then you will need to order an ASP thin neck adapter to go with it. Every ASP thin neck emitter page advises you of that.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Execute66.

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 3 weeks ago #67344

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
If I was using the Mauler switch section, then I would have assumed the switch holes are bottom aligned, i.e. the red and silver screws facing me. And if that switch section was coupled with the Rebel emitter, then I would have also assumed the Rebel emitter's shorter shroud was facing me because both positions are what SF have done with the respective original hilts. I haven't seen an original SF hilt design that they aligned not "making sense".
Is that a Champion hilt? I meant to say I have never seen a Champion hilt with top hole = recharge port, bottom = switch. I don't own any SF Warrior tiers nor SF Hero tiers. As far as Champions Tiers are concern, which I have several, all consistently have top = switch, bottom = recharge port & kill key.
I think it's obvious to me that if you ordered an ASP thin neck emitter, then you will need to order an ASP thin neck adapter to go with it. Every ASP thin neck emitter page advises you of that.
:dry: Nevermind. Flogging a dead horse here.

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 2 weeks ago #67692

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 103
Can anybody confirm that if you do the Professional Assembly option, you get the Champion PnP Soundkit V2 installed on it?
I know you get the lit AV-switch and LED in the package, but was just wondering if one gets the 'realistic force feedback vibration via internal vibration motor' :P
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• 2015 Gladius Grip Area an... (3 Posts)
    • Grip length is exactly 8". Mine is weathered (v3 grey), so all of those "choke points" near the...
    • Quote: what's the length of the gripping area (from the base of the tsuba to the beginning of the pommel)...
    • Hey, guys. So, this question is specifically for Gladius (2015) owners only. So, in the event I...
    • Shoto saber design, ISO i... (10 Posts)
    • The 10 switch measures about 1 5/8". That might be cutting it close. Look into a Resilient switch....
    • Component (capacitor) bro... (3 Posts)
    • Thanks for that info. Makes sense C1 for capacitor 1 I guess. I'm sure someone on the forums knows...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5828
  • Latest Member: noraklein237526
  • Total Posts: 60.6k
  • Total Topics: 5029
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 30