Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Soundboard shortages

Soundboard shortages 4 months 2 weeks ago #69187

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 986
Apparently, both suppliers of soundboards to Saberforge (Naigon, and whomever supplies the SaberCore boards), are experiencing delays. As I am sure some have already noticed, the lead times on Etsy have risen a bit lately. Expect them to be closer to 2-4 weeks until the suppliers can get timely shipments out to meet demand. Not expected to last long, but I thought you guys would want to know.

If there are any developments of note on this, I will let you know as soon as I can.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZakP, Execute66, Greysider, Borommakot, HotRod, Renaissance1459, EternalWing

Soundboard shortages 4 months 2 weeks ago #69192

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 582
Naigon on Nov 2:
Unfortunately due to an unforeseen issue in securing one part for the board, the new batch is not ready yet. Looks like this could cause a delay in the order of a couple weeks unfortunately. I will update on this page when I know more.

Soundboard shortages 4 months 2 weeks ago #69195

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 33
Thanks a lot for the update, Brax...

Do you know, by any chance, if this shortage will only affect us who put their Etsy order just now, or also those who put their Etsy order since last week?

Soundboard shortages 4 months 2 weeks ago #69215

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 434
Champion is now back in stock, as is SaberCore sound board. :)
"I am the Senate"

Soundboard shortages 4 months 2 weeks ago #69216

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1544
Execute66 wrote:
Nice update, Thank You. But isn't Champion and Sabercore the same thing? :huh:

Soundboard shortages 4 months 2 weeks ago #69219

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 434
OvrcAHst wrote:
Execute66 wrote:
Nice update, Thank You. But isn't Champion and Sabercore the same thing? :huh:

I meant to say the SaberCore soundboard itself that you may wish to purchase. Take a look at shopsaberparts - you can purchase the soundboard by itself.
"I am the Senate"

Soundboard shortages 4 months 1 week ago #69255

• Brax
  • Administrator
Confirmed! The SaberCore (Champion) boards are back in stock. However, the shortage of SparkColor2 (Hero) boards continues. That plus a higher than normal defect rate on the Hero boards, and NEC's reluctance to fix the defective boards are adding up to a real issue. Phil tried to buy Igniter boards to fill the gap, but they are low on those too! He is doing everything he can to fill Hero orders, but you cannot install parts that are not even available from the source.

Here is a quote from the NEC Facebook page:
Unfortunately due to an unforeseen issue in securing one part for the board, the new batch is not ready yet. Looks like this could cause a delay in the order of a couple weeks unfortunately. I will update on this page when I know more.

It is time to find a way to convince Plector Labs to sell to Saberforge, rather than just a few select smiths, and TCSS!
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Brax.

Soundboard shortages 4 months 1 week ago #69259

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
I don't think Erv could keep up with the orders. His site's pretty much out of stock (even though it's responsible for most orders outside the US) and I imagine he's got his hands full producing Shards for the other smiths. Only reason TCSS has any stock is because Erv gave permission for a US supplier to build boards for them - and it's only been the past couple months that stock hasn't vanished within the week.

There're murmurs around the saber community of a chinese soundboard with swappable soundfonts. It's been delayed after it was found out they were stealing Naigon's fonts - so any reputable reseller has been refusing to carry them. Once they're readily available, I'm sure they can be put to use in the SF line - if they're not already in production as SaberCore 3.0

Soundboard shortages 4 months 1 week ago #69260

• Brax
  • Administrator
That would be encouraging, but SC3 won't support color change. Just multi-font capability.

Soundboard shortages 4 months 1 week ago #69352

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
Looks like we're about two weeks out on NEC boards. Update from November 13:
Part has been secured, now just need to to arrive at the factory so that the boards can be placed. It should be 2-3 weeks tops, hopefully sooner if everything goes smoothly.

Soundboard shortages 4 months 1 week ago #69354

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 37
well that certainly explains the delay in having them return the saber with a defective sound board I sent back in a couple weeks ago... would have been nice to hear this directly from the company instead of having to catch it by chance on a message board. I just hope it doesn't get "upgraded" with that super annoying rumble pack feature like the last sound board I sent back for repairs did, or it's going to be making yet another round trip to Oregon to rectify it.

Soundboard shortages 4 months 3 days ago #69551

• Renaissance1459
Salacious B Crumb wrote:
well that certainly explains the delay in having them return the saber with a defective sound board I sent back in a couple weeks ago... would have been nice to hear this directly from the company instead of having to catch it by chance on a message board. I just hope it doesn't get "upgraded" with that super annoying rumble pack feature like the last sound board I sent back for repairs did, or it's going to be making yet another round trip to Oregon to rectify it.

Salacious B Crumb, have you received any news from SF about the repair on your hilt? I am experiencing an issue as well with my soundboard, and I just want to estimate how long I would need to wait if I eventually have to send my hilt back to SF for repair. Thanks...

Soundboard shortages 3 months 3 weeks ago #69655

• Vechaljian
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 67
Good News Spark2, Spark color 2 and Ignitor 2's all back in stock. I ordered a Few, can finish some sabers now.

Soundboard shortages 3 months 3 weeks ago #69665

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 37
Renaissance1459 wrote:

Salacious B Crumb, have you received any news from SF about the repair on your hilt? I am experiencing an issue as well with my soundboard, and I just want to estimate how long I would need to wait if I eventually have to send my hilt back to SF for repair. Thanks...

Yes, I got an email from them on 11/18 saying it "will be shipped out in our next batch of shipments", and USPS picked it up from them on 11/23. It should arrive tomorrow if USPS tracking estimate is accurate, which would be just short of 1 month since the day I sent it back to them.

I have no clue if their turn-around time has decreased due to having supply of soundboards again, or increased due to having a bunch of recent ones that had faulty boards needing repair...

The other times I've sent stuff back for repairs, the turn-around time door to door for me has been between 7-10 days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Renaissance1459

Soundboard shortages 3 months 3 weeks ago #69680

• Renaissance1459
Salacious B Crumb wrote:

Yes, I got an email from them on 11/18 saying it "will be shipped out in our next batch of shipments", and USPS picked it up from them on 11/23. It should arrive tomorrow if USPS tracking estimate is accurate, which would be just short of 1 month since the day I sent it back to them.

I have no clue if their turn-around time has decreased due to having supply of soundboards again, or increased due to having a bunch of recent ones that had faulty boards needing repair...

The other times I've sent stuff back for repairs, the turn-around time door to door for me has been between 7-10 days.

Thanks a lot,Salacious B Crumb! That's a very helpful info...I hope your returning saber will be free of any trouble this time!
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Renaissance1459.

Soundboard shortages 3 months 3 weeks ago #69814

• Brax
  • Administrator
Just got word that Hero tier sabers/electronics are now back in stock in the Etsy site, as well as ShopSaberParts.com, so the shortage is officially over!

Soundboard shortages 3 months 3 weeks ago #69819

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 53
Now just the Thin Neck Adapters and we're all good to go :P
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4738
  • Latest Member: Josephbrofs
  • Total Posts: 53.8k
  • Total Topics: 4339
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 2