Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Main Website Coming!

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70550

• MaverickR22
Since the implementation of the new website, my account and profile were lost. I ordered a champion tier Apprentice Consular saber last week and my order isn't showing up after re registering. Also, there is an option that wasn't available when I made my purchase that I would like to add to my order if possible (the energy vibration for an added 25$). Any input regarding this would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by MaverickR22.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70559

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
ic3cold wrote:
EDIT: Well I spoke too soon. Seems there is a spot to show finishes. But would be better if each saber could be shown. I wonder if they could do something similar to what Oakley does in their Customs section. You can adjust the colors / settings to see what the final product will look like. It could be an extension of the ASP modeller I suppose.
To show every saber with every possible finish they need to make them and it would be not possible since custom works as name states custom builds that are made on demand. For many of the custom works i believe customs facebook page already shows a good selection of them. There is just too many options at there to put every saber in combinations of them.

On the topic katana hilts (not emitters) does not show a tsuba selection otherwise i didn't see any problem yet.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70561

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 176
Adding those FB pics as a Customs Gallery would be a nice touch.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70565

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
BoostinIX wrote:
Adding those FB pics as a Customs Gallery would be a nice touch.
most of them are already under custom wrap xolor examples and custom finishes honestly what people expect this point i dont know they already gave enough examples in the aforementioned sections.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70566

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 176
Seeing a 1" section of metal is helpful, but applying it to an entire hilt and visualizing it with different colors is hard. No different than seeing a color swatch on a paint/powder seller and going will that look right.

Customs already took the time to photoshoot their customs sabers, wouldn't be much work to add them to the store since Customs are now a store-offering. Would help people both visualize different colorschemes as well as inspire new ones.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70567

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
:lol:

don't mind me... :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ic3cold

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70568

• ic3cold
  • Premium Member
  • Weaker than some, stronger than most
  • Thank you received: 92
ukyavuz wrote:
To show every saber with every possible finish they need to make them and it would be not possible since custom works as name states custom builds that are made on demand.
Good morning. To do all of the hilts would be extremely challenging. But the modeler would be much more reasonable and useful. Anyhow it was just feedback. I can only imagine SF being overwhelmed by clients asking.

As suggested below adding adding Customs artwork would go a long way.
There must be both dark and light.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70569

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 212
I commented this on the FB post announcing the new site, but going to post here too for some more visibility:

"I noticed a few discrepancies between the new main site and the ASP site -- I can't find the Timing Shim set on the new site, the ASP site shows the Brushed/Matte Silver Graflex Pommel in stock but the new site shows those two finishes as Sold Out, and the Dual Tone Fallen Switch is Sold Out on the ASP site but shows as available on the new site.

Just a friendly heads-up. I know just how annoying a website changeover can be."

EDIT: Just found the Timing Shim set under the "Extensions and Couplers" section.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by KelbornX.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70571

• RotundChap
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
I dig it so far. Looks like once the bugs are worked out, they can close laserforge and the asp sites to consolidate them here which is a great idea.

I REALLY like all available sabers displaying when you click Elite Sabers, Crossguard Sabers, etc. Makes comparing the sabers in each group ssoooo much easier.

It also looks like the lead time has improved A LOT. Last I remember reading was 8-10 weeks on the main site, but less than 3 weeks when ordering on etsy or asp. Now it looks like 1-2 weeks for etsy orders and 2-3 for main site or asp orders??? If that's true, that is AMAZINGLY AWESOME!

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70573

• RotundChap
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
I just checked the custom saber fb group and didn't see a Phillip's thread for reporting site errors otherwise I'd post this comment there:

Pics for black silk wrap and black leather wrap are the same on https://saber-forge1.myshopify.com/products/japanese-style-ito-wraps?variant=35132160906

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70580

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1059
I have submitted questions directly to SF regarding account/order information on the old site. As soon as I hear back, I will post it in the forum.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap, Renaissance1459, Fari87, MaverickR22

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70581

• wamphyri13
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Are we going to lose our rewards points as well?
No matter where you go, there you are.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70584

• Brax
  • Administrator
The old site can still be reached at its IP address of 198.57.168.190. You should be able to access your order information there.

According to SaberForge, there is only two weeks of orders to get through on the old site, so the necessity for this detour will be pretty short.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap, EternalWing

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70587

• wamphyri13
  • Premium Member
I just logged into the site via the IP address. Went to List Orders, and nothing comes up.
My concern about that is, do you still have our order information for fulfilled orders for warranty purposes or is everything just gone. My last order was placed just before Christmas for a couple of extra parts. I can't even see that.
I have faith and am hopeful this all gets straightened out. Hopefully we won't all have to re-register and lose order info and rewards points. I'm looking forward towards purchasing a Chest when that comes about, but I'd like to make sure the rewards points are there too.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70588

• Brax
  • Administrator
When I login, all of my prior order history is there. However, my last order was weeks ago, which was well before preparation for the move to the new site began. I would inquire to Customer Service for guidance on warranty information for orders not showing on the old site, even though that is where the order originated.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Renaissance1459

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70590

• wamphyri13
  • Premium Member
Alright, listen up because I'm only going to say this once, so listen carefully....
I'M AN IDIOT!! Did you catch that? Good! Without even thinking about until you said you're orders were there, I realized that all my orders have been ASP builds through shopsaberparts and not the main sight. That was my fault. They are all showing up there.
Thanks!
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by wamphyri13. Reason: punctuation

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70592

• Brax
  • Administrator
No worries man. Glad you found what you were looking for. :)

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70593

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 34
Brax wrote:
I have submitted questions directly to SF regarding account/order information on the old site. As soon as I hear back, I will post it in the forum.

Thanks a lot for submitting the questions, Brax! Since my account has become unrecognized in the new website (it is still recognized in the old one, though) I am wondering whether or not we have to sign up again...

Anyway, I really like how easy it is now to navigate the hilt options and blade colors via the drop down menu button! The info regarding 'sold out' products is also helpful to give us realistic expectation about the availability of the hilt that we want to purchase...

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70595

• EternalWing
  • There is Darkness in the Light, abd there is Light in the Darkness. Keeping balance and you will find power.
  • Thank you received: 6
I have to re-registered to the main site, it said it couldn't fine my e-mail so I need to do so (good thing every of my order shipped already), but ASP log in was fine and Reward points are still there.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70596

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 34
Brax wrote:
...and that it will be a fusion of the main site, the ASP site, the LazerForge site, and adds customization options previously only available from the Custom shop.

IMHO. this a step towards the right direction by SF. By combining all of their available goods and services into a 'one-stop' website, I believe the customers will enjoy the benefits as they won't be too confused in identifying which website that they should order from. Tracking their past orders, reward points, etc would also be much easier.

On the other hand, with just one website, SF would also be able to decrease their maintenance cost. They currently must maintain three separate websites (main site, ASP, and LazerForge), not to mention the user database in each website. Hopefully they could somehow merge their separate database into one, as well!

I'll be watching their progress with great interest, for sure!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black finish? (3 Posts)
    • I've seen the emerald in the black finish. Looked fantastic, love to see some others
    • Best adhesive for switch ... (3 Posts)
    • I normally use a single drop of super glue, it holds fine and I've never had one come loose but with...
    • Father's Day Sale (3 Posts)
    • The Saberforge Father's Day Sale is here! - Give the gift of the greatest custom sabers in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5235
  • Latest Member: Robinsonfap
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4667
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 7