Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Main Website Coming!

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70602

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 74
Love the new site; it's exceptionally pleasant to have everything in one place and the lay-out is very easy to use and a million times more practical to browse.
With both the ASP site as the old site, you had to either go to a new page for every saber or at least have multiple pages of several parts - the fact that the site now just goes for the 'display everything on the same page' makes it way easier to compare both hilts and individual parts and make a decision.

Of course the biggest thing to celebrate is the customization that SF is offering now; not only the powder coats are amazing, but the fact that you can actually ask for shattered weathering or a clear polish without having to contact SFC is awesome!
Not that there is anything wrong by going through SF Custom Shop to get a specially made lightsaber, but I figure most of us only feel the need for several 'big projects' to ask help from SFC, whilst most of us (at least me) usually just want a slight change to a hilt but otherwise want it as it's sold on the site.

AKA the Grand Master being Acid Etched in the Legacy section is a perfect decision; I'm pretty sure 90% of all of us want a Satele Shan hilt and that Legacy option makes it way easier for both customer as well as SF itself to deliver that service.
Just overall I think their sales are gonna go through the roof now; hilts that before didn't attract me at all (or were nice enough, just not as cool in either Dual Tone, Silver, Black or Weathered) now seem like cool projects to try out the different powder coatings on.

Just to give an example; The Fallen was on my list, just not as high, as I felt I needed to customize it, as the DT felt too 'light side' and the weathered took away from the beautiful brass section.
Having the option to for instance do a powder coating or an acid etching would be perfect and thus makes it way more of a 'want now' instead of a 'want down the road' :woohoo:

So yeah, very happy to see this new site, hopefully the customization becomes even more extreme with being able to powder coat individual ASP parts.
The only thing (which has already been discussed and I totally understand, but still...) that I think would make it extra cool is if they can indeed manage to upload photos of the hilts/parts in their individual finishes.
I get that it's too much of a job to put every single finish on every single hilt and take photos, but if for instance SF is smart and they get an order in for a hilt with a specific coating or finish; take a nice picture of it and upload it to the site (with permission of the customer of course).

I'm sure all of us here will be sharing photos, but I'm sure there are configurations and whatnot that we even haven't thought of.
So yeah, here's to the future!
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70624

• Stgthor
  • Thank you received: 4
EternalWing wrote:
I have to re-registered to the main site, it said it couldn't fine my e-mail so I need to do so (good thing every of my order shipped already), but ASP log in was fine and Reward points are still there.

same Question here do we have to re-register?
since you now need to enter the email of your account and not your username?
I tried my email with who i was registered with the account password but it doesnt accept it.
Would be appriciated if someone could answer to this

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70629

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 212
Placed my first order on the new site with New Years promo (for my ASP "Dark Crusader") and it was a much smoother experience than on the old one. Very well done SaberForge. Just would be nice to have a PayPal option at checkout, for those who can't (or don't want to) use a credit card.

Waiting for the Powder Coat options to be added to the ASP parts section so I can order my "The Royal" ASP saber in Transparent Gold. I really think that coat would look amazing on a saber with an indigo or purple blade.

Stgthor wrote:
same Question here do we have to re-register?
since you now need to enter the email of your account and not your username?
I tried my email with who i was registered with the account password but it doesnt accept it.
Would be appriciated if someone could answer to this

Yes, you will have to re-register. Old account info was not able to be migrated over, but if you have any pending orders on the old site you can still reach it at its IP address: 198.57.168.190
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70644

• wilcoVW
  • Hiya
  • Thank you received: 18
I've been checking out the site a bit and it's certainly improved. Now they'd have to integrate the ASP builder into it and make sure that it exactly reflects what the parts will look like so you have a good image of the saber (emitter 7, for examply, still needs some tuning, and i think a lot of the lengths in the builder are still incorrect).

I have a question about the custom finishes that they offer though. If you choose for example a gold powder coat on an emitter (or other part or an entire saber), will they cover the entire thing in that coating or can you choose where it should go exactly?

Also a point that i think they could improve, are the emitter plugs. On some pages it's mentioned that when choosing an emitter plug, you should write in the order notes for which emitter or saber it is. On the other hand, when you're on the page of a single plug, it has a drop-down where you choose length. It has to be one or the other, you can't have both without it becoming confusing.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70661

• SnowDog
  • Thank you received: 24
Are they still offering professional assembly of the ASP parts on the new site? I may be missing something, but I don't see that option. If anybody knows something, please let me know. Thanks

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70702

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 34
We nned pictures of all those coatings available on the hilts. Pretty hard to select an option out of all those choices when there are no pics of the finishes.
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70704

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 212
DarthTtocs wrote:
We nned pictures of all those coatings available on the hilts. Pretty hard to select an option out of all those choices when there are no pics of the finishes.

You can find them here, under Color Examples > Powder Coat Colors.

Though I do think it would be nice to have at least a few of them shown on full hilts. At least the ones that will be / are popular, like Reflective Chrome, Mirror Black, Translucent Red, etc.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthTtocs

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70722

• DarthTtocs
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 34
Thanks KelbornX, that was a perfect slap in my face, muhahaha.
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 1 week ago #70740

• ProtoKun7
  • Thank you received: 13
I like the look of the new site; shame that accounts couldn't be migrated though. Just re-registered.

Appreciate the additional options too; I'm intrigued by the energy vibration option as it wasn't there when I bought my Prodigal Son last year.

Still waiting to see if and when the next Sabercore chip is released before I order more sabers. I know I could go down the Hero tier route but last I checked that would also mean having two 6W colours rather than a single 12W (I know they could combine but it's a primary colour I'd want). I don't mind having a single colour (that's how lightsabers normally are anyway) but I really want some variety in the sound, given that different sabers have their own sounds. Has that changed since I was last here?
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by ProtoKun7.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 1 week ago #70744

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Looks like I should go ahead and make an order with my gift certificates before they completely switch over.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 1 week ago #70753

• wamphyri13
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
I also noticed a couple of elite sabers didn't make the migration to the new site. What happened, for example, to the Vigilant?
No matter where you go, there you are.

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 1 week ago #70778

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
KelbornX wrote:
Waiting for the Powder Coat options to be added to the ASP parts section
It's been updated..

The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap

New Main Website Coming! 5 months 1 week ago #70820

• wamphyri13
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
I've sent an email to Saberforge today with a couple of questions about the new site, extras, prices, and missing things. I asked about 2 color powdercoating on a single ASP part (contrast, high/low areas) extra cost, what happened to Professional Assembly, (can't seem to locate it) etc. I'll let you all know what I find out when I hear back from them.
No matter where you go, there you are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Anovos Shock Trooper Helm... (4 Posts)
    • Another great review. I really appreciate you taking the time to point out the positives, as well...
    • Black finish? (3 Posts)
    • I've seen the emerald in the black finish. Looked fantastic, love to see some others
    • Best adhesive for switch ... (3 Posts)
    • I normally use a single drop of super glue, it holds fine and I've never had one come loose but with...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5235
  • Latest Member: Robinsonfap
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4667
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 7