Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: FAQ Update

FAQ Update 7 months 2 weeks ago #71774

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1260
I plan on going through the forum FAQ to bring it up to date with the changes that we have seen with Saberforge over the last few months.

I want to not only update the existing topics, but I am open to suggestions for anything you would like to see covered, that is not currently represented.

Do you guys have any thoughts?
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KelbornX, SterlingArcher

FAQ Update 7 months 2 weeks ago #71781

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 314
Here's some things that jump out at me:
(besides things I'm sure you're already aware of for updating)

What can and can't be done with the new powder coat upgrades would be good, so SF Customs isn't inundated with emails of "can I do this, can I do that" etc. Since you have to select a base finish first on the ASP parts (Dual Tone, Silver, Weathered, Black), does that mean the powder coat is over top of that? If I select Dual Tone with Transparent Gold, does that mean I'll also get the black accents from the Dual Tone underneath of the powder coat, or will a powder coat on Dual Tone only be where the black accents are on the standard finish? Or does the powder coat replace the four "standard" finishes, as it seems to imply on the full saber store pages? So if I select the Black Stardust powder coat will the entire saber be Black Stardust?

It would also be nice to state exactly what freebies are available with promos (specifically the blade plugs). The last two I've ordered on that included a "free blade plug" I had requested a LazerForge plug, but I received a random Elite SF Blade Plug instead both times, with no mention of which were or were not available through the promo.

As per the thread I posted today, I think it would be good to have a quick tutorial of how to get the SD card out of the Hero sabers. Probably common sense for people, but I tend to overthink things. I had no idea if you were supposed to pull the board out entirely to get at it, or just poke the card with something to pop it out of the slot and then pick it out of the hilt (with tweezers, or just dump it into your hand).

An "ASP PnP Checklist" would be nice as well, since it seems to be quite common for people to ask what they actually need when using the PnP kits. It does say it on the store pages for the kits, but it is a bit confusing at first glance with the new layout.

Maybe not a thing for the FAQ, but a comprehensive list of the ID and OD of ASP parts would be great. That's probably more for a store page update though.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by KelbornX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, NIGHTBRINGER

FAQ Update 7 months 2 weeks ago #71790

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 535
I'm also curious about the powdercoat options and their application. Try and see if Tom, Daniel, or Phil would be willing to devote some time to clarify publicly on this forum, how pricing and treatments are handled. What may be clear to them is not the case for us the consumer. As KelbornX stated it could save their email que from repeated inquiries about the color and finish options. Thanks Brax for reaching out, and appreciate your efforts.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by =Ottomatix=.

FAQ Update 7 months 2 weeks ago #71795

• wilcoVW
  • Hiya
  • Thank you received: 25
Partially related to this, i sent an e-mail to SF customer service this week because i had some questions.
1 of them is about application of the finishes but i'll post the other ones as well.

- I've been playing with the ASP builder and i think the Epoch looks better with a Katana pommel, but wouldn't want to go through the hassle of trying to line the sections up perfectly with the shims. Would it be possible to order an Elite Epoch with a Katana pommel?

A: We do not offer custom configurations, you could order an elite epoch and also a katana pommel but you would still likely need shims if there is a specific way you want the parts to line up.

- Regarding the custom finishes and powder coatings. When you select one of these in the menu, will they automatically apply the stuff to the entire hilt or can you specify certain parts of it to be treated? Is it also possible to select more than 1 finish option?

A: If you are ordering a part or full saber when you select the custom finish that applies to the entire part, we cannot offer sectioned off finishes or multiple finish options.

- I don't see any info on the website regarding payment options ( but i might have overlooked it). Which payment options do you accept?

A: At the very bottom of the homepage shows the icons of the cards we can accept, we do not accept paypal but can accept most large credit/debit card holders.

- Do the Elite hilts still come with a Covertech knob fitted as standard? It's not mentioned anywhere on the hilt pages or in the Tier info on said pages, while the ASP bodie pages all state that they will come with the knob installed.

A: All sabers and most of our ASP bodies come with the covertech knob already installed, if you see it in the photos this means it will be included.

FAQ Update 7 months 2 weeks ago #71797

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Another thing that came to mind since I just opened the package that came yesterday:

If there's no difference between SF's WHITE LEDs and FROST WHITE, then it should be stated as such. Most mentions of Frost White have been stricken from the store, but the WHITE that I ordered is actually FROST (with the slight blue tinge).

FAQ Update 7 months 2 weeks ago #71811

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1643
KelbornX wrote:
Since you have to select a base finish first on the ASP parts (Dual Tone, Silver, Weathered, Black), does that mean the powder coat is over top of that?
Yes.
If I select Dual Tone with Transparent Gold, does that mean I'll also get the black accents from the Dual Tone underneath of the powder coat,
Yes..

.. but only 'cos it's a Trans- lucent/parent colour.
So if I select the Black Stardust powder coat will the entire saber be Black Stardust?
Yes. 'cos it aint a Trans... colour as above.
It would also be nice to state exactly what freebies are available with promos (specifically the blade plugs).
They usually do. Specific to Plugs though, it's always* Random, Elite & Lazerforge and with lengths too.
*Based on Plugs received during Promos and the hand written notations CS writes as Admin notes to Production/Packing (on the reverse of the Packing Slip).

FAQ Update 7 months 2 weeks ago #71812

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Thanks for those answers. Looks like that bit about transparent/translucent was added recently because I didn't see on that page the last time I was looking through the powder coat colors.

But then there's this - on a regular saber you select a standard finish or the powder coat, but on the ASP parts you select the standard finish, then the powder coat. If all you have to do is add to the order comments "I want Dual Tone under the Translucent Red" when ordering, say, a Champion Epoch, then that should be made known in the FAQ.

Also, going back through the archived threads of about a years worth of promos... there's nothing on the actual promo itself (the image that gets posted on the main site/FB) that states the freebies are random. I did see one comment of yours (on the Fall Sale) where you answered that plugs/stands are random. But it's not stated on the sale itself by SF. So it would lead to some confusion when someone would order, request a blade plug/stand, and then get something they don't want or doesn't fit their saber. Definitely something to add to the FAQ.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by KelbornX.

FAQ Update 7 months 2 weeks ago #71813

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1643
KelbornX wrote:
Looks like that bit about transparent/translucent was added recently because I didn't see on that page the last time I was looking through the powder coat colors.
dunno.
idk if it was always there or became a recent addition as I've noticed it first time when the New Site was launched.
But then there's this - on a regular saber you select a standard finish or the powder coat, but on the ASP parts you select the standard finish, then the powder coat. If all you have to do is add to the order comments "I want Dual Tone under the Translucent Red" when ordering, say, a Champion Epoch, then that should be made known in the FAQ.
It's not a perfect system and I don't disagree with you. With that same example you reference it can be confusing. The 4 Parts used to make an empty Hilt (Emitter, Switch, Body, Pommel) attracts $75 when selecting as a prebuild from the Main Page but when selecting the same 4 Parts from ASP they attract $25 for each part..
Also, going back through the archived threads of about a years worth of promos... there's nothing on the actual promo itself (the image that gets posted on the main site/FB) that states the freebies are random.
This is one reference I found. But as I mentioned previously, based on what was received from past purchases and observed as written notes on the reverse of the packing slip.
There was a time when T&Cs were available with the Promo's that ran and listed in fine print the very conditions and eligibility requirements associated with that Promo. I get what you mean though because they are absent now and the primary text on the Image Ads don't mention it.

The problem I see, there is only so much info that is plastered on the face of the ad. It wouldn't lessen the enquiries raised to SFCS as regardless of Fb or here at the Forum, there will always be buyers that either don't use Fb or register a Profile with the Forum (or even follow it as a Guest) so inclusion to FAQs wouldn't inform or reach them.

The content of FAQs is largely collaborated by Owners from experience. A conscious effort may be made to constantly update it but the changes or whatever the info is doesn't come directly from SF (mostly). Topics get Stickied (always on top) and discussion threads happen in Open Topics in cycles. The info is there but almost always, the convenient method that is adopted is to Post a New Enquiry even if the very same happened within the same week as the new. FAQs is there as a guide for those that look for it. Not everyone will read it though and it wont always have all the answers.

FAQ Update 7 months 2 weeks ago #71814

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 73
This might not fall under an FAQ addition necessarily but then again it's a question that I have had and I've seen plenty. When it comes to the lengths of ASP parts the measurements in the store vs the builder are different some cases more drastic than others (i.e. the Jade Body is 5" in store and 4" in builder, while the Juggernaut Emmiter is 7.5" in the store and 7.4" in the Builder, while the Epoch switch is 1.85" in store and 2.2" in builder) a detailed Measurement List would be great, with length including the threads on male ends, the length without the thread measures and with ID and OD. That's the only things that comes to mind for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap

FAQ Update 7 months 2 weeks ago #71821

• RotundChap
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Clarification of gift certificate ordering and spending would be awesome. The question comes up a lot on the forums. And I'm hoping the process has improved since i used one January 2016.

FAQ Update 7 months 1 week ago #71862

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
How about a list of blade plug lengths for various emitters? I know you can specify which emitter you are ordering a blade plug for, but it would be useful to know which emitters could swap blade plugs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SadiraOrphesu

FAQ Update 7 months 1 week ago #71866

• RotundChap
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
I'd love to see written descriptions of the LED colors. Camera technology cant capture accurate representations of the colors. Written descriptions of the color and the dies used to blend it would be helpful.

FAQ Update 7 months 1 week ago #71893

• Nnaut
  • Thank you received: 1
Yea this custom finish section is troubling me. I want the Black Chrome finish on ASP parts i'm going to order but have no idea if the dual tone will actually be on there aswell, so I might just get them to polish/clear coat it.

FAQ Update 7 months 1 week ago #71902

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1260
I am seeing all the suggestions, and I will be going through each of them to sort out the ones that would be good FAQ material, vs. those that feel like suggestions for changes to the information on the main website.

My first priority is to go through the existing material to bring it up to date. Then I will start evaluating the potential new subjects.

Thanks for your feedback guys! B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap

FAQ Update 5 months 3 weeks ago #73760

• Wolfsaber
  • Pretty fly for a grey Jedi
  • Thank you received: 9
A section in the FAQ on the rewards points program and what the process is for redeeming them might be a good idea.
I am a leaf upon the wind....watch how I soar!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SterlingArcher

FAQ Update 2 months 2 weeks ago #76475

• SterlingArcher
Personally, I think that this is an excellent idea. Is there also someplace on the forums where we can submit hilt ideas and/or requests?
"Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants!"
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Tell Us What You Got! (98 Posts)
    • Quote: Received my second MB with Sound. It's a Hero Tier Weathered Acolyte! Thank you Saberforge! ...
    • Tell Us What You Got! (98 Posts)
    • Received my second MB with Sound. It's a Hero Tier Weathered Acolyte! Thank you Saberforge!... [attachment]
    • Themed Sabers (829 Posts)
    • I am proud to present the "four horsemen" based off of X-men: Apocalypse let's see if anyone can...
    • Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (150 Posts)
    • Quote: No unboxing video this time, but I did get mine in today and SF did me a major solid. Champion...
    • SaberCore 3.0 recharge (4 Posts)
    • Does anybody know if I could potentially damage the battery or cause problems to the saber...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5643
  • Latest Member: petr-osipovbm
  • Total Posts: 59.1k
  • Total Topics: 4908
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 15
  • Yesterday Answer: 47