Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Father's Day Sale

Father's Day Sale 3 months 4 weeks ago #76227

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1315
The Saberforge Father's Day Sale is here!

-
Give the gift of the greatest custom sabers in the galaxy and save 15% on all orders plus free extras on qualifying orders!
-
FREE Belt Clip on orders over $100
FREE Saber Stand on orders over $200
FREE T-Shirt on orders over $300
-
Free items MUST be claimed in the order comments, style and color of the free items may vary. Free items are stackable!
-
Valid through 6/30/2017 11:59 PST
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Father's Day Sale 3 months 4 weeks ago #76228

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
And together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Father's Day Sale 3 months 4 weeks ago #76229

• Brax
  • Administrator
One can only hope! :P ;) :side:

Father's Day Sale 3 months 4 weeks ago #76235

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 143
You guys are killing it with the sales. I haven't even gotten my first order from SF yet and I'm already contemplating a second. 15% is so tempting. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76259

• Nolaan
  • The Fencer
  • Thank you received: 21
I think it would be more appealing if there was a short sale (like 3-5 days max) every 3 months or so, with 25% off. Now that would be a bargain!

Now it's just one sale after another and they are pretty much the same (10-15% off with occasional free stuff). Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but it doesn't feel like a proper sale anymore ;)
It's never too late to go back.

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76264

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
3-5 days isn't a good length for a sale, because some of us get paid every two weeks. By having one that at least lasts a couple weeks or slightly over, they're making sure that even people in that type of situation have a crack at ordering something on sale.

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76265

• Nolaan
  • The Fencer
  • Thank you received: 21
Ok so maybe longer, but a 25% off every 3-4 months is better imho than a constant 10-15%. It's not a sale if it never ends ;)
It's never too late to go back.

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76266

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 352
Yeah, that was my thought too (15th and 30th is when I get my checks).

But I get his point. If there's pretty much always a sale on... it is it really a "sale" anymore, or is it just a new lower price for the whole store? One of the manufacturers I rep just lowered their price on a series of tools and took them off what was basically a "forever promotion" because it was just silly having "sale" that never ended.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nolaan

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76267

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
It's not that I don't get Nolaan's point, nor did I disagree with the part about the time between sales. If it's always on sale, is it really a sale? Debatable. The sales could be stretched out more, or they could be limited to only certain items. Granted, I like Saber Forge's "everything's on sale" instead of just lightsabers, leaving us DIY types with a way to get in on things, but maybe do a sale on lightsabers here, a sale on components there, just to get a bit of variety in the sales.

Now, I personally think 25% is too much, but I also work in retail, so I know how much that can hurt your bottom line. I just started ordering from Saber Forge and I'm not done with them by a long shot, so I don't want them to go out of business because they sold stuff too cheap to keep things going. ;)

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76283

• Brax
  • Administrator
There was a time when sales were much more infrequent, and there were comments/critiques about it at the time. We can always think of ways that just about anything could be better for us, or our particular situation. However, in this context, there are two possibilities. Frequent sales vs. very rare sales. Between the two possibilities, I think most would chose the frequent option. :) B)

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76284

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 51
Here's my 2 cents....
Yes, it is a sale. Why? Because you have to remember to input the code to get the sale price. Is it easy to forget to input the code? Yes it is. I ordered some pommels, couplers and blade plugs last week, clicked buy, then remembered I forgot the code and my free gifts.
Based on that alone, in my opinion, yes, it is a sale. (and yes I can be forgetful)
Ryan
No matter where you go, there you are.

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76285

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 51
And add a button for out of stock items that you can still order them but acknowledge that you won't get anything until the part is back in stock. I'm ready to place my custom powder coated order, but the emitter I want is SOLD OUT. Make it available for purchase with an I understand this item is out of stock button and I'm good to go.
Ryan
No matter where you go, there you are.

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76294

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
I've got to agree on the "sold out" thing. Some stuff you can pre-order, other stuff you can't. It's kind of frustrating when you can't at least put your order in and get on that waiting list.

Brax wrote:
However, in this context, there are two possibilities. Frequent sales vs. very rare sales. Between the two possibilities, I think most would chose the frequent option. :) B)

Indeed, saving money is always good, even if my bank account will never forgive me. :ohmy:
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by scifidude79.

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76306

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
I have a question regarding the sale. I did a search and got hundreds of results that may or may not answer my question, so I'm just going to ask here:

Does this sale apply to the Etsy store?

I don't see where you can enter a coupon code on there, but I don't shop on Etsy so I'm not sure that there isn't a place to do so further down the ordering process.

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76307

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
My experience is that you can use the coupon codes on etsy, I've done it before.

On the subject of sold out/ pre-order items; having machining experience I know that each individual part may require its own set of tooling and prepping machines to make a batch of parts can be very time consuming and therefore expensive. Some may require specific machines for specific tasks and if that machine goes down you're SOL. Some parts may sell faster than they can be manufactured or cost more to make than is financially beneficial or vice versa. So deal with it. :P

Finally, I don't really mind the sale frequency and while it is obviously a little gimmicky, it has worked on me so far. I highly doubt that Saberforge has a gigantic profit margin and even at full price SF is in the mid/low price point for our particular hobby.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

Father's Day Sale 3 months 3 weeks ago #76309

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Darth Squidious wrote:
My experience is that you can use the coupon codes on etsy, I've done it before.

Thanks a bunch. :cheer: I'm going to have to try that after I get paid next week. I really want an Initiate hilt to mess around with and they have a few that are ready to ship on there.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Typical wait time on a pr... (20 Posts)
    • My saber is $210 for the empty hilt, add electronics (I want the hero kit, for the sound fonts on...
    • My first saber Exile Cham... (6 Posts)
    • Sweet! Congrats Armymedic1975! The Exile was my first saber as well and it is still my favorite!...
    • Tell Us What You Got! (173 Posts)
    • Hey all, very excited to have just received my 2x $125 mystery box's over in Australia! And my very...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (11 Posts)
    • This looks fantastic! Is that a chrome powder coating?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5812
  • Latest Member: Alicevurne
  • Total Posts: 60.5k
  • Total Topics: 5016
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 35