Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question?

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76723

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1559
If you could ask a question of the man himself, what would it be?

No snarky, mean spirited questions please. Imagine you saw him at ComiCon, and got the chance to ask him something saber related, face to face. I have inquired, and he said he would respond to the ones that I forward to him. Of course, I will be screening them for things like asking about information that he is not yet ready to make public, and things of that sort. But, so long as it is reasonable, you will probably get an answer!

So, what do you guys want to know, with regards to Saber Forge?
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76725

• Blade
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Phil.
Love your hilts!! Seriously the best out there IMO.
I would love to see you do NBv4 and Prizm installs with custom fonts and flash on clash.
I think too many customers are buying hilts and having a third party do the electronics.
I honestly believe this could catapult your company to record profits.
Best Regards
Jim

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76726

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 678
1. Will SF upgrade the SaberCore soundboard / have a sales option to install say, the Nano Biscotte as the standard board (cheapest but quite effective, retail price is very similar to the SaberCore). Note that I am not asking when will the upgrade of SaberCore 2.0 take place, as I don't think that will be disclosed. I am just asking if that will take place sometime. :) I love the SaberCore Crimson and Veridium soundfonts, so using the Nano Biscotte (say), it would be nice to have these two fonts already installed by SF, plus room for one more (depending on the board) that we can do ourselves.

2. Can SF customers still take a visit in person to SF at 270 Beavercreek Road
"I am the Senate"

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76728

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 359
Are there any plans in the works for a LED string blade option? A true extend/retract for the blade would be awesome.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76730

• 26jhoran
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Phil! Here's a good one! What is your absolute favorite lightsaber?

...and would you ever make a Windu saber?

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76740

• RotundChap
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 41
I'd love to know if the SaberCore 2.0 will have an option to turn off the blaster/lockup sounds? Accidentally activating one of those sounds is the only bad thing about your sabers. It's not such a big deal with the blaster sound, but it's really annoying when spinning or dueling to have to say "wait a second..." then turn off the lockup sound.

What other movie/game/book inspired hilts would you love to add to the SF line-up?

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76741

• Brax
  • Administrator
I can actually answer some of these questions.

Blade: The long and the short on Plector Labs, is that they sell to some vendors, and not others. Being added to that list is difficult, because they are still a fairly small outfit, and they can only produce so many units per quarter. That being said, I think you will find that when SaberCore3 goes live, which is right around the proverbial corner, it will encompass many of the features that the entry level Plector boards provide. Rice port access, 3 fonts, very small footprint.

Execute66: I think the info above pretty much addresses your first question. As for the second one, the Saber Forge showroom is still there, and has an inventory of ready for purchase sabers in the show cases. My understanding is, if you buy one from there, and want options other than what is already installed, they can typically have it ready for you the same day. I have never been there personally, though I would like to someday, but that was an account from someone who had dropped by the showroom during a vacation in the area.

Greysider: No details to report, but stay tuned! Your patience will be rewarded.

26 jhoran: I think the Ares would be a pretty safe bet, since he created it from ASP parts, and named it after his young son. As for a Windu hilt, he has said in the recent past, that he has no immediate plans to do one. Does that mean there is no hope? For the foreseeable future, probably not. But, "Always in motion, the future is", and businesses respond to market demands. Originally, the Ezra hilt was not on the Radar either, but recently there was an interest post done on the Custom Light Saber Owners Facebook feed, and base on that, it could very well happen. Sometimes, all it takes is Thomas Snyder putting one of his superb renders of a saber he was playing with to create the spark, which becomes the flame. So, never say never!

Rotundchap: I would not expect any changes made to SaberCore 2.0, with SaberCore 3.0 fast approaching. As for your second question, obviously I can't venture a guess as to what he currently has in mind, let alone what he sees for the future, so I will forward that one to him!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, RotundChap, scifidude79

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76742

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247
Awesome info on the SaberCore 3.0. I'll probably wait to get a SaberCore board until that goes live.

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76748

• Blade
  • Thank you received: 39
Thanks Brax for the info. Looking forward to the 3.0!!

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76752

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Phil, and or Brax

Are there plans for an ASP v2?

Who won that $1500 of custom work from awhile back?
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76754

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 554
What's the future for the ASP Mauler parts? Emitters been sold out longer than the estimated restock timeline. Body and switch are on my wish list, am I SOL?

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76760

• 26jhoran
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 25
Thanks for the reply :)

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76763

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
Did SF do away with the rewards points? I don't see the little pop up to access them anymore.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76767

• Brax
  • Administrator
Rotundchap: On your inquiry about potential future sabers designs inspired by movies, books, or games:
Lets stay away from the topic of inspired, ostensibly anything we make is an original design and any similarities to other designs is coincidental.

Darth Squidious, and Ottomatix: On the subject of ASP:
ASP orders have been very low so we have been focusing on producing our more popular products which are complete hilt. When we produce new ASP parts later this year we will be eliminating the silver option, and will be offering everything v2 dual tone, and black

Ottomatix, if you need specific information on a current part (like the Mauler emitter), Customer Service could likely be of service on that.

Darth Squidious: The Reward Points issue is probably better suited to customer service. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Squidious

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76768

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
ASP not popular? Thats blasphemous.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76769

• Brax
  • Administrator
Darth Squidious wrote:
ASP not popular? Thats blasphemous.

Yeah, I was a little surprised by that too, but with the proliferation of the smaller, less expensive sabers in the apprentice line, you could see where folks might gravitate to those. Not everyone, but if the tide is strong enough...

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76771

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 469
Huh, I see tons of ASP sabers here and across the various groups. I can see the silver finish not being very popular though. My only real complaint with ASP is the decision to move switch holes from the body to the choke section on some models (Epoch, Fury, etc).

I guess I'd ask Phil if he has any pointers for someone about to join a HEMA club and a local TSL chapter. Anything saber related I'd ask is probably something he can't answer lol.

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76774

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 678
I'm surprised ASP is slow. I think for most customers, many buy only one or a few sabers. ASP probably isn't high on their list but readily pictured hilts that they can see and or from screen are. Saber fans like us would certainly have at least one ASP and often experiment with ideas. SF should keep ASP. It's a different offering that few other offers.
"I am the Senate"

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76775

• Brax
  • Administrator
It does not sound like it is in any danger of disappearing. Just perhaps not expanding as fast as initially hoped.

Want to Ask Phil a Saber Forge Question? 6 months 4 weeks ago #76776

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
Having thought about it a bit, guys like me and the others who think building is part of fun of this hobby, or those of us who refer to it as a "hobby" probably don't represent the majority of SF customers. I imagine that the typical customer buys a saber to play with and gives it a hallowed space on the bookshelf, never to be heard from again.

The learning curve for even an ASP with a P&P kit is probably more than the casual customer wants to sign on for.

Still, absolutely blasphemous.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Annoying startup??? (23 Posts)
    • I would also rather not have them at all personally, but to each their own. I wonder if they could...
    • Annoying startup??? (23 Posts)
    • To be honest, I rarely use the blaster, lockup and force push sounds and i'd just leave them as is.
    • Solo? (25 Posts)
    • Very excited about this movie, as I've said before; mostly cause I'm curious to see how the movie...
    • Another Star Wars Trilogy... (29 Posts)
    • Quote: Funny, how perception differs. I found CA: civil war to be a total waste of time, as was Avengers...
    • Newly Arrived Adept (7 Posts)
    • Need to catch up on my Rebels (only in season 2 now :blush: :oops: ) but I definitely like the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6569
  • Latest Member: Sinternum
  • Total Posts: 65.4k
  • Total Topics: 5536
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 139
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 22
  • Yesterday Answer: 32