• Page:

TOPIC: SaberCore3 Demo

SaberCore3 Demo 4 months 1 week ago #78575

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Almost Halloween...
  • Thank you received: 63
Jrod129 wrote:
I originally ordered the MPP MK1 in the initiate tier...

There's a question:

If an initiate tier of the MPP double reveal is purchased, would the chassis just be empty? Still have all the crystals and such?

Just curious. :)
"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Rapine.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SaberCore3 Demo 4 months 1 week ago #78590

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Just saw the video. SC3 is marvellous. The software looks so user friendly and easy to use.

I can just imagine Phil and the SF crew releasing an 'Elite' version of the SC3 with real time colour changing and maybe upto six fonts.

Hats off to Saberforge..

As the great dark lord would say;

" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

SaberCore3 Demo 4 months 1 week ago #78591

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
While I think the board itself look very impressive, and is a nice take on a "Mid Grade" board, I worry about the unprotected battery. I know this is so the LED can be "overcharged" with a higher current draw, but having had a battery blow up on me once (for unknown reasons and frightening results) the thought of an unprotected cell makes me nervous.

I'd like to see this paired with one of the newer 10a 18650s. These are mostly being used right now for Neo-Pixel blades (I have a Scratch built TFUSK project using this), but seems like they would be a good candidate for the SC3 as well.

SaberCore3 Demo 4 months 1 week ago #78594

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1472
The batteries do not have a pcb HOWEVER the board itself has the pcb for the battery, so the board will prevent the battery from over charging or over discharging

Does this make a difference?
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

SaberCore3 Demo 4 months 1 week ago #78595

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
I would prefer to have the PCB attached at the power source. That way if there was a short somewhere along the circuit, there's much less chance of the short bypassing the PCB and causing a failure on the battery.
If you recall those hoverboards that were popular a couple years back and all the fires caused by them, that's a similar situation where unprotected batteries were used.

If someone were to build one of these boards incorrectly with an unprotected battery it could go bad. I would suggest SF look at using the high drain 18650s with integrated pcb rather than unprotected cells and a pcb attached to the board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7

SaberCore3 Demo 4 months 1 week ago #78599

• jml5308
  • Thank you received: 20
Did I miss somewhere that the battery is unprotected? I heard the 20A discharge part, which definitely made me blink a few times, but I didn't hear anything about the PCB being used.

SaberCore3 Demo 4 months 1 week ago #78602

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 357
Nice! Well I guess I'll get my other champion sabers packeged up and ready to go back for upgrades. :lol:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

SaberCore3 Demo 4 months 1 week ago #78637

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
I've been wanting to do a "Deep Purple" using a Tri-Cree with pR/rB/rB for a while, now that I could get a FOC, I think I know my first SC3 build.....

SaberCore3 Demo 4 months 1 week ago #78641

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 980
Jas-Ot wrote:
I've been wanting to do a "Deep Purple"
:blink:

ER, can you say that ^^ when Richie is from Blue Oyster Cult?

Seriously though, I am looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with this new board and it's features.

For Tyeth

SaberCore3 Demo 4 months 1 week ago #78643

• jml5308
  • Thank you received: 20
So, out of curiosity, how does the SC3 actually overdrive the LEDs for FoC? Am I to assume that no resistors are required when using a SC3 and that the board itself regulates the current?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Problem with my The Count... (2 Posts)
    • Have you charged it since you got it? My second saber started having issues with the swing sound not...
    • NEW SABER ALERT!! The Yo... (20 Posts)
    • I bought four of these little guys when I was in town last month. So far no one has had any...
    • Veteran Sound Option Intr... (14 Posts)
    • Quote: Good to see the classic Viridium and Crimson both on one board. I really dig the deep rumble of the...
    • Micro USB Charging Issue (1 Posts)
    • Hello All, I recently received my Champion Tier Prodigy saber. When not in use, I would use the...
    • Problem with my The Count... (2 Posts)
    • So I’ve had my Count for a few months now and I absolutely love it, but today randomly there’s...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6363
  • Latest Member: Fabrice
  • Total Posts: 63.3k
  • Total Topics: 5354
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 60