Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Official SaberCore3 Intro Video

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78603

  • Brax
  • Brax's Avatar
  • Online
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 3629
  • Thank you received: 1766
After two years of development the SaberCore 3.0 is UNLEASHED!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KelbornX, Execute66, Master Dain, Darth Squidious, scifidude79, BryanW

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78604

  • BryanW
  • BryanW's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 24
  • Thank you received: 15
Awesome. Thanks for posting Brax!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78605

  • Blade
  • Blade's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 80
  • Thank you received: 43
Thanks Brax!!! Just what I wanted to hear!!!
This board looks amazing!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78606

  • Brax
  • Brax's Avatar
  • Online
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 3629
  • Thank you received: 1766
On the main Saber Forge site, there is now a "Sound Font" selection drop down, giving you the option to select from different mixtures of fonts. A mixture of 1 Light, 1 Dark, and 1 Grey; or 3 dark, or 3 light, or 3 grey. The font names of each option are listed there as well.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78607

  • Execute66
  • Execute66's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1531
  • Thank you received: 744
No increase in price too! (I have just sent SF an email to switch my Bane Mk2 that I ordered yesterday from Crimson to 3 x Dark). :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78610

  • scifidude79
  • scifidude79's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 980
  • Thank you received: 364
Did anyone else cry a little? It's OK to admit it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78611

  • Brax
  • Brax's Avatar
  • Online
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 3629
  • Thank you received: 1766
I got a couple of fonts, and substituted two more light sides, for the Dark Side Relic, and Cyber Assassin on my Redeemer. I replaced them with Prodigal Son, and The Master. I was able to drag & drop just the way that Phil's video showed, and after clicking the "Burn to Chip" function, it worked like a charm!

The Master is a good Obi-Wan Episode III font, and Prodigal Son is a very good Luke Episode VI font. Shameem did a fantastic job on all of these!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78612

  • Drahem
  • Drahem's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 119
  • Thank you received: 27
Damn.. The bane mk2 came out... Double damn.... The sabercore 3 card came out.... Damn... My wallet is going to hate me.
I own, Relic, Archons x2. Bane x2. Templar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78613

  • Rapine
  • Rapine's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Almost spring...oh wait...
  • Posts: 147
  • Thank you received: 82
OOOO - very nice....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78616

  • Execute66
  • Execute66's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1531
  • Thank you received: 744
Brax wrote:
I got a couple of fonts, and substituted two more light sides, for the Dark Side Relic, and Cyber Assassin on my Redeemer. I replaced them with Prodigal Son, and The Master. I was able to drag & drop just the way that Phil's video showed, and after clicking the "Burn to Chip" function, it worked like a charm!

The Master is a good Obi-Wan Episode III font, and Prodigal Son is a very good Luke Episode VI font. Shameem did a fantastic job on all of these!

What type of cable do you use to do all that/charge the battery? Did SF provide it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78619

  • Rapine
  • Rapine's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Almost spring...oh wait...
  • Posts: 147
  • Thank you received: 82
Execute66 wrote:

What type of cable do you use to do all that/charge the battery? Did SF provide it?

It appears to be a micro-USB; like on an Obsidian - only external. :woohoo:

AND it charges the battery!

Edit: If you watch the Richie Castellano video - at around the 7:10 mark, he shows it...

Link
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Rapine.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78620

  • Brax
  • Brax's Avatar
  • Online
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 3629
  • Thank you received: 1766
Yup! What he said. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78623

  • scifidude79
  • scifidude79's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 980
  • Thank you received: 364
Is this board compatible with fonts from SaberFont, or just ones you get here?
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by scifidude79.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78626

  • KelbornX
  • KelbornX's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Posts: 1025
  • Thank you received: 539
scifidude79 wrote:
Is this board compatible with fonts from SaberFont, or just ones you get here?

Yes, you can use fonts from SaberFont. You'd just need to rename files to match the naming conventions used by the Sabercore3. I can't remember if NEC or PL is preferred though; PL fonts have the hum pre-mixed into all other sounds, NEC does not (those boards mix them on-the-fly).

All of the offered fonts with the Sabercore 3.0 are ones by Shameem, so you can also buy the other ones that you didn't pick. I already have Ranger's Blade, Ominous, and Ruiner for PL.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78627

  • Kouri
  • Kouri's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Posts: 1082
  • Thank you received: 766
Shameem mentioned that you can use NEC fonts, but you'll need to rename the individual files to SaberCore conventions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78628

  • Brax
  • Brax's Avatar
  • Online
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 3629
  • Thank you received: 1766
Technically, you could use Plector fonts with the same file rename trick, but according to Shameem, there are differences in the way the sound files are layered, so he does not recommend it.
Shameem Moshrefzadeh: Converting between Plecter to NEC is more involved than simply renaming files. Plecter fonts have the hum prelayered underneath every sound effect, whereas NEC font sounds are isolated and are layered over the entire hum.wav file in realtime by the board.

You would need to do some remixing of each sound file for an optimum experience.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78629

  • Isola815
  • Isola815's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 31
  • Thank you received: 18
Execute66 wrote:
No increase in price too! (I have just sent SF an email to switch my Bane Mk2 that I ordered yesterday from Crimson to 3 x Dark). :lol:

I'm hoping that seeing as my Vanquish isn't expected until some time in October that they let me do the same. I have sent an e-mail and keeping my fingers crossed :ohmy:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78630

  • scifidude79
  • scifidude79's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 980
  • Thank you received: 364
KelbornX wrote:
scifidude79 wrote:
Is this board compatible with fonts from SaberFont, or just ones you get here?

Yes, you can use fonts from SaberFont. You'd just need to rename files to match the naming conventions used by the Sabercore3. I can't remember if NEC or PL is preferred though; PL fonts have the hum pre-mixed into all other sounds, NEC does not (those boards mix them on-the-fly).

All of the offered fonts with the Sabercore 3.0 are ones by Shameem, so you can also buy the other ones that you didn't pick. I already have Ranger's Blade, Ominous, and Ruiner for PL.

Brax wrote:
Technically, you could use Plector fonts with the same file rename trick, but according to Shameem, there are differences in the way the sound files are layered, so he does not recommend it.
Shameem Moshrefzadeh: Converting between Plecter to NEC is more involved than simply renaming files. Plecter fonts have the hum prelayered underneath every sound effect, whereas NEC font sounds are isolated and are layered over the entire hum.wav file in realtime by the board.

You would need to do some remixing of each sound file for an optimum experience.

Great info guys, thanks a lot. B) I have a few PL fonts that I've purchased already and one NEC font that I bought by accident. (it was my first font purchase) When I can get a SaberCore 3.0 enabled saber, I'll have to play around and see what's what. I'm hoping the stars will align and I can get one next paycheck, which will be while the sale is still on. If not, I'll find a way to pay full price, even if it has to wait one more paycheck later with some savings in between checks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78634

  • jml5308
  • jml5308's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 39
  • Thank you received: 20
For PL fonts, the hum is mixed in with every other sound effect (as opposed to NEC fonts where each sound effect is isolated and the board itself mixes the effects on top of the hum.wav). You would likely have to separate the hum in order for it to sound good on the SC3.0 board. Might be more work than it's worth, but to each their own.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Official SaberCore3 Intro Video 7 months 4 weeks ago #78636

  • scifidude79
  • scifidude79's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 980
  • Thank you received: 364
Believe me, I know the difference. I didn't know what I was doing the first time I bought a font. I put a NEC font on my Nano Biscotte and immediately knew something was wrong.

Activation sound - pause - hum - pause - swing - pause - clash, etc.

The good news is, if NEC fonts work with the SaberCore 3.0, I'll finally be able to make use of that font. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

Member Login

Latest Posts

    • Saber Selfies (308 Posts)
    • Hello Darth Arceane! Er, should I be worried by your dalliance with the Dark Side? Or are you just...
    • The Blue Viper (aka Darkh... (12 Posts)
    • This blade plug crystal gives your saber a majestic scepter appearance. Am liking both of your swap...
    • The Blue Viper (aka Darkh... (12 Posts)
    • Hi Edon, Interesting blade plug you have come up with. It reminds me of a UK television game show...
    • archon covertech wheel (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Does anyone know what size allen wrench/hex key the Archon uses. I want to remove the covertech...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

  • Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.2k
  • Total Topics: 5824
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 31