Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 6 days ago #78894

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1260
Now, when you go to the main site, you will notice that there is a "Sound" section on the left side of the screen. There, you can find information about SaberCore3, download the SC3 editor program, preview SC3 Sound Fonts, download the editor for the Sparc Color2 Hero board, and find a link to the Sparc Color2 users manual.

Good Stuff!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 6 days ago #78898

• Blue Wielder
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Any word on what if anything will happen with the 2.0 sound boards?
Current SF Sabers: Aeon V1 Mint Green, Vengeance QC Cyan
Mystery Box Loot: champion exhalted in indigo with energy vibration upgrade, shoto bastion

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 6 days ago #78903

• scifidude79
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 116
It will be nice being able to buy the fonts on the site. $5.00 is a fair price. I hope more will be added eventually.

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 6 days ago #78906

• Brax
  • Administrator
Blue Wielder wrote:

If history is any indicator, they will clear inventory via sales, Mystery Box offerings, etc. until they are gone. I don't have specifics, but that is typically the way it goes.

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 5 days ago #78908

• Tandt98owl
  • Thank you received: 4
Do you know how new micro usb port would be mounted to opening in the hilt? I don't see locking nut like the old version. And the port doesn't seem to have threads or enough depth for locking nut.

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 5 days ago #78909

• Blue Wielder
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Brax wrote:
Blue Wielder wrote:

If history is any indicator, they will clear inventory via sales, Mystery Box offerings, etc. until they are gone. I don't have specifics, but that is typically the way it goes.

Thank you!!
Current SF Sabers: Aeon V1 Mint Green, Vengeance QC Cyan
Mystery Box Loot: champion exhalted in indigo with energy vibration upgrade, shoto bastion

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 5 days ago #78913

• scifidude79
  • Elite Member
Tandt98owl wrote:
Do you know how new micro usb port would be mounted to opening in the hilt? I don't see locking nut like the old version. And the port doesn't seem to have threads or enough depth for locking nut.

Probably a dab or two of glue. That seems to be the way SF likes to secure switches and ports anyway, and it's effective.

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 4 days ago #78961

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 92
Probably just lazy seeing as there's a lot of new stuff and I haven't bothered to read all of it, but with the SaberCore 3.0 is there the option to just download soundfonts from SaberFont and use the SC3.0 editor to change out fonts?

Not that SaberForge ever lost a customer (they still offer the nicest designs of hilts and of course the entire ASP system is brilliant), but the 3 hilts I've got in the works now are all SaberForge but at a Sabersmith to give it some customization and different soundfonts - the Viridian and Crimson I have on my Gladius and Reborn respectively are great, but I really love the idea of having lightsaber being unique and having a special font that's unlike the others.

So if SC3.0 does allow that, I will be ordering way more Champion hilts from SF instead of just empty ones, seeing as for instance the Reliant and the MPP MK2 I love as they are (maybe the Reliant only a grey weathering), it's just that I want appropriate soundfonts for those hilts.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 4 days ago #78971

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 666
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Probably just lazy seeing as there's a lot of new stuff and I haven't bothered to read all of it, but with the SaberCore 3.0 is there the option to just download soundfonts from SaberFont and use the SC3.0 editor to change out fonts?

Yeah, as long as you grab an NEC-format font and rename the files to match the Saber core system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrimsonJax88

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 4 days ago #78974

• Brax
  • Administrator
The card itself holds three, and SF offers a total of 9 pre-formatted fonts for SC3. You can choose a combination of three on your order, and the rest are available for purchase/download for $5.00 each. That is 3-4 dollars less than the version of the same font on Saberfonts.com. With those you could create a few unique sets, and when you were ready to expand further, you can get more from Saberfont.com, and do the rename process.

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 3 days ago #79017

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
Thanks to Brax and Kouri; good to know there's the option for more than just the standard fonts. Haven't done NEC yet though, most I know prefer PlecterLabs, but I figure there shouldn't be that much difference.
As for the fonts available; some are indeed amazing for the price offered - Ruiner and Cyber Assassin for instance :woohoo:

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 3 days ago #79019

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 314
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Haven't done NEC yet though, most I know prefer PlecterLabs, but I figure there shouldn't be that much difference.

With Plecter fonts, the hum is pre-mixed into every other sound. With NEC, the board mixes the other sounds (swing, clash, poweron, etc) with the hum "on the fly". The Sabercore 3.0 functions like a NEC board in this regard, it just has different naming conventions for the files.

While doable... it's a pain to convert a PL font to NEC; you need to edit the hum out of all of the other files or it's going to sound like a mess.

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 2 days ago #79063

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
KelbornX wrote:
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Haven't done NEC yet though, most I know prefer PlecterLabs, but I figure there shouldn't be that much difference.

With Plecter fonts, the hum is pre-mixed into every other sound. With NEC, the board mixes the other sounds (swing, clash, poweron, etc) with the hum "on the fly". The Sabercore 3.0 functions like a NEC board in this regard, it just has different naming conventions for the files.

While doable... it's a pain to convert a PL font to NEC; you need to edit the hum out of all of the other files or it's going to sound like a mess.
Ah thanks for enlightening me; Luckily so far I've only got 2 PL soundfonts (MPP HD and Swarm) so I think I'll just take the easy way and start buying NEC soundfonts from now on to make sure they're compatible with the SaberCore3.0.

Does it make any difference btw between NEC and PL besides that 'mixing effects with the hum on the spot'? Like no one particular font is superior to the other?

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 2 days ago #79066

• Brax
  • Administrator
I have listened to quite a few different fonts in search of the perfect one for my Prodigal Son. Some were good, but the font entitled "V2" seemed to nail it a little better than the others I listened to, so that will be the one I will use on it. The others were good, just not perfect. I was looking for perfect.

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 2 days ago #79070

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Does it make any difference btw between NEC and PL besides that 'mixing effects with the hum on the spot'? Like no one particular font is superior to the other?

Not really, it's all personal preference. Some of my favorite fonts don't have a NEC version; the fontmaker only releases a PL version.

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 2 days ago #79071

• scifidude79
  • Elite Member
KelbornX wrote:
Not really, it's all personal preference. Some of my favorite fonts don't have a NEC version; the fontmaker only releases a PL version.

That's the biggest thing there, finding that font you really want in the NEC format. A great example is Rob "Madcow" Petkau. I've been wanting to try some of his fonts, but they're Plecter only. But, such is life. At least there are fonts available for the new board.

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 2 days ago #79072

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
scifidude79 wrote:

That's the biggest thing there, finding that font you really want in the NEC format. A great example is Rob "Madcow" Petkau. I've been wanting to try some of his fonts, but they're Plecter only. But, such is life. At least there are fonts available for the new board.

Yeah, I really like his fonts.

But, I also like KSith, Shameem, and LordBlako who all make fonts for both. Blako's VadeR1 is probably my favorite font.

Main Site Now Has a "Sound" Section 1 week 2 days ago #79073

• scifidude79
  • Elite Member
KelbornX wrote:
scifidude79 wrote:

Yeah, I really like his fonts.

But, I also like KSith, Shameem, and LordBlako who all make fonts for both. Blako's VadeR1 is probably my favorite font.

I'm looking forward to trying some of Shameem's fonts, I know some come with the board. I have Blako's Luke ROTJ font in both formats, so I have to try the NEC version on the SaberCore 3.0 when I get one.
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by scifidude79.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Tell Us What You Got! (97 Posts)
    • Received my second MB with Sound. It's a Hero Tier Weathered Acolyte! Thank you Saberforge!
    • Themed Sabers (829 Posts)
    • I am proud to present the "four horsemen" based off of X-men: Apocalypse let's see if anyone can...
    • Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (150 Posts)
    • Quote: No unboxing video this time, but I did get mine in today and SF did me a major solid. Champion...
    • SaberCore 3.0 recharge (4 Posts)
    • Does anybody know if I could potentially damage the battery or cause problems to the saber...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5643
  • Latest Member: petr-osipovbm
  • Total Posts: 59.1k
  • Total Topics: 4908
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 47