Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Couple of Things from Phil

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79711

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1504
This is mainly for folks who don't do Facebook, don't belong to the Custom Lightsaber Owners Group on FB, or just don't do social media at all. Phil posted these just today.

This one is regarding ding and dent parts:
Interested post for saber smiths, we have a f*#k load of ding and dent saber parts. There just taking up space so I want to sell them to try and recoup some of the cost, theres no way they would be worth listing individually, we can sell them either by the lbs or by number of parts. Which would you guys prefer?

This one is about purchasing SC2 boards:
Although the 3.0 board costs 150% as much as the 2.0 our supplier is having trouble making it work financially. Would anyone be interested in buying 2.0 boards for 35.00-40.00 to help subsidize, we can sell them with different fonts instead of crimson or viridium, we would be selling them at cost to help fund the 3.0, post if you would be interested. Mainly for smiths who buy a lot.

Now, I am guessing that for both of these, Phil will be watching the response on the FB feed, but I will let him know I posted these, and to check for responses here as well.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79713

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 670
On the soundboards, a couple of suggestions

- Maybe SF should offer two tiers of Champion sounds. One is based on SC3.0 and another is an "entry level" soundboard, which is just the classic SC2.0 but at a lower price. Not everybody can afford the Champion tier soundboard at the full (usual) price. I'm sure this will boost sales as an intermediate market surely exists between Champion Tier SC3.0 and Warrior classes.

- On the proposed soundboard deal are there any in the ASP Plug and Play based on SC2.0 that they want to sell cheap? They must have loads around.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by Execute66.

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79715

• Blue Wielder
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Yes please on cheap PNP 2.0 option

Also, would be great to get a big box of parts pack
Example (enough parts to build 10 sabers for a super great discount)
Current SF Sabers: Aeon V1 Mint Green, Vengeance QC Cyan
Mystery Box Loot: champion exhalted in indigo with energy vibration upgrade, shoto bastion

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79716

• Brax
  • Administrator
I don't believe there will be an "in-between" tier of sabers featuring the SC2 board. This is simply an effort to use stock on hand subsidize the price difference between what they are charging for the SC3 boards, and what they actually cost. I believe they are trying everything they can, so they don't have to raise prices to cover it. Eventually, that may happen, but if this effort keeps things as they are through the end of the year, I consider that a win for us, the customers; and also for Saber Forge for doing their customers a solid.

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79718

• Blue Wielder
  • Premium Member
Brax wrote:
I don't believe there will be an "in-between" tier of sabers featuring the SC2 board. This is simply an effort to use stock on hand subsidize the price difference between what they are charging for the SC3 boards, and what they actually cost. I believe they are trying everything they can, so they don't have to raise prices to cover it. Eventually, that may happen, but if this effort keeps things as they are through the end of the year, I consider that a win for us, the customers; and also for Saber Forge for doing their customers a solid.

It's certainly easier for SF to sell the boards stand alone.
However, for many hobbyists a PNP solution would be appreciated.
Those would be "gone in 60 seconds"

I must say though 2 thumbs up for the open honest transparency between SF and the community.
Mystery Box Loot: champion exhalted in indigo with energy vibration upgrade, shoto bastion
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by Blue Wielder.

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79719

• Brax
  • Administrator
There might be PnP kits included in this. I don't have any details on that. Perhaps if Phil drops by this thread, he will elaborate on that. I was just saying that there won't be a SC2-based tier that would cost less.

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79720

• Blue Wielder
  • Premium Member
Brax wrote:
There might be PnP kits included in this. I don't have any details on that. Perhaps if Phil drops by this thread, he will elaborate on that. I was just saying that there won't be a SC2-based tier that would cost less.

Bring them on!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79722

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
I would totally buy imperfect parts by the pound. In fact I might drive over there and ask about it on Monday. I've been meaning to check out the showroom for awhile now. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll let me paw through some boxes.
It would make a great video too
And I'd be all over some 2.0 boards with Ruiner or Rangers blade.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by Darth Squidious.

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79736

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 223
I'd buy a SaberCore 2.0 board for $35 to $40. Maybe two at that price. I don't even care which font they have, that's a steal of a price.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by scifidude79.

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79740

• Edon Bluewolf
  • Thank you received: 19
I'd buy one with the Frozen Winds sound font for a DIY. Or a reduced cost sound option where one could choose the font would be awesome.
“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Couple of Things from Phil 4 months 3 days ago #79742

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 166
I'd be in for a 2.0 soundboard at that price!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by DK44.

Couple of Things from Phil 3 months 4 weeks ago #79973

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Phil needs to get something set up for those scratch/dent parts so I can back my truck up to the building and buy a few lbs!
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Crystal Blade Plug (30 Posts)
    • I think you could make it if you keep the used materials to a minimum so the light can still reach...
    • Crystal Blade Plug (30 Posts)
    • I know this is probably not going to be possible, but I figured id ask anyway: Is it possible to...
    • SithStalking (9 Posts)
    • That was a fun one to build. I can attest to the sheer size of it, which presented it's own...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Quote: limited???? curse my college brokeness Oh no... ask family for early birthday $$! I thought this was...
    • FOR SALE - Flex 2.0 with ... (1 Posts)
    • $225 - price includes shipping This is an EMPTY static hilt. It is a Korbanth Flex 2.0 with a TGS...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6452
  • Latest Member: madaqasq
  • Total Posts: 64.1k
  • Total Topics: 5428
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 41
  • Yesterday Answer: 47