Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Templar.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Templar review (media heavy)

Templar review (media heavy) 6 months 3 weeks ago #65519

• Samhain138
  • Thank you received: 27

Hey everyone! Today I'm going to be reviewing my SF Templar! I ordered mine with the 12w main LED (which I believe is standard now) 6w side blades, Champion tier with the SC Crimson sound font. It's weathered and has a black leather grip.

Without further introduction

This was the hilt I wanted when I first started my Kylo Ren costume. It was about November or so I'd say and the Templar wasn't in production anymore, just the Relic. I don't care for the claws, the side blades catching my costumes dangerous enough! I own the Kylo FX saber but man it just didn't do it for me. So I ordered the Flamberge from Ultrasabers as a stunt setup. Man that thing was huge! No joke you could probably fit the Templar inside of the Flamberge! So the Flamberge became my sort of signature thing because I started practicing my spinning and stuff with it and I did a lot of stuff on YouTube and over on the Ultrasabers forum with it. So fast forward several months and they FINALLY get it in stock again! I got it, and I got it loaded because I knew this was the saber I wanted!

Some comparison shots

It's easy to see this saber is better designed and easier to weild. When I got it I had no idea it has this on board menu that could adjust the sound (a loud, quiet and silent setting and oh man is it loud!) swing and clash sensitivity, and can even add a flicker to the blade with several different settings! The flicker really completes it and makes it look unstable, here see for yourself. It really completes the costume for me.

It's a dream to use! I had no issues weilding this thing in my costume at the con I went to recently.

If I had to list the cons though I'd say the pommels edges are sharp. Sharp enough to cut you, no joke. And I had some issues with the retention screw messing up (probably related to the thinner walled blades I use) but I put in a longer screw and it appears to be solved. Those complaints are definitely minor.

Overall this has made me a very happy Knight of Ren and I have to say people think SF has outrageous prices or something but I got this saber for less than $50 more than an equally loaded premium hilt from over at US. Thanks for checking out my review guys, hope you enjoyed it!
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Samhain138.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, Renaissance1459, DK44

Templar review (media heavy) 6 months 3 weeks ago #65524

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 123
Awesome saber man! Looks fantastic! Great Kylo costume and spinning too! Congrats & Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samhain138

Templar review (media heavy) 6 months 3 weeks ago #65527

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 190
Looks fantastic!

Nice work spinning that saber too!

Templar review (media heavy) 6 months 3 weeks ago #65677

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 277
Awesome Templar and Kylo costume! Really liking that spin work as well. Well done.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Templar review (media heavy) 6 months 3 weeks ago #65741

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 434
Thanks for sharing Sam, good to see you here. :)
"I am the Senate"

Templar review (media heavy) 6 months 2 weeks ago #65778

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Thank you for the comparison pics. They are very telling! Great costume as well!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Health scare (9 Posts)
    • Glad you're feeling better! We had this tear through our house the other month. Kind of the same...
    • ASP Switch Hole Size? (3 Posts)
    • More specifically, 12mm switches with 14mm heads. There are larger 12mm switches that won't fit, so...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (17 Posts)
    • So correct me if I'm wrong, but the Talon has a new emitter that's different from the Forsaken? IE...
    • Wait Times (3 Posts)
    • Also depends on whether you just ordered a normal hilt or if you added customization (ie powder...
    • Emitter 8c (5 Posts)
    • My apologies for not replying here sooner, busy week and checking the forums in the weekend isn't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 35