Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Upcoming SaberForge Releases

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #49448

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
I think the Graflex from here is a smaller version. It seems to line up with the other Elite teir parts in the ASP builder, and the Graflexes everywhere else are a lot bigger than the Elite hilts here, IIRC.

The other Graflexes are accurate to the films in size and shape. The Ultrasabers Graflex is similar in size but not shape to the original flashgun (from reading a bit of the US forums), and the SF Graflex seems to fill the gap of a Graflex that is similar in shape but not size to the original.

So I think there's a place for the SF Graflex amongst all the others around. It'll be more comfortable to hold until you get cut by the edges of the activation box. Yaaay.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
The topic has been locked.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #49617

• Froboy696
  • Thank you received: 14
Really happy with their newest additions! I wanted the Archon for a while now. :lol:

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #49671

• Prowl
  • Thank you received: 43
I really really really want a Vanguard and a Renegade. If they come out they will be must haves on my list.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #49696

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 684
Ryan-Rising wrote:
I think the Graflex from here is a smaller version. It seems to line up with the other Elite teir parts in the ASP builder, and the Graflexes everywhere else are a lot bigger than the Elite hilts here, IIRC.

The other Graflexes are accurate to the films in size and shape. The Ultrasabers Graflex is similar in size but not shape to the original flashgun (from reading a bit of the US forums), and the SF Graflex seems to fill the gap of a Graflex that is similar in shape but not size to the original.

So I think there's a place for the SF Graflex amongst all the others around. It'll be more comfortable to hold until you get cut by the edges of the activation box. Yaaay.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the ASP Graflex *is* the accurate 1.5" OD. I'm basing this on it matching up with the Prodigal Son switch section near-perfectly, and the PS accepts a Graflex Clamp once the activation box is removed (useful for Luke V2 and Obi-Stunt mods). They're also a bit wider than the other ASP hilts.

So yeah, aside from a few simplifications like the painted bubble strip and immobile clamp lever, ASP Graflex is going to be a fairly accurate duel-able replica, and probably the cheapest option with a 1" blade holder standard. I'm really looking forward to the ESB/TFA parts becoming available in a future update.

That said, an Apprentice-variant Graflex similar to the way Chosen acts as an Apprentice Luke/Obi-Wan could be neat. RotS had a smaller custom-built Graflex (only about 1.25-1.35" OD) for stunt work that I'm sure some here would find more comfortable to handle.

Differences in the US Graflex can be attributed to the body being a copy of the over-sized 1.55" Master Replica RotS Anakin, with slight changes to the Graflex buttons and a completely redesigned clampbox.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #49744

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Kouri wrote:
Ryan-Rising wrote:

Actually, I'm pretty sure the ASP Graflex *is* the accurate 1.5" OD. I'm basing this on it matching up with the Prodigal Son switch section near-perfectly, and the PS accepts a Graflex Clamp once the activation box is removed (useful for Luke V2 and Obi-Stunt mods). They're also a bit wider than the other ASP hilts.

So yeah, aside from a few simplifications like the painted bubble strip and immobile clamp lever, ASP Graflex is going to be a fairly accurate duel-able replica, and probably the cheapest option with a 1" blade holder standard. I'm really looking forward to the ESB/TFA parts becoming available in a future update.

That said, an Apprentice-variant Graflex similar to the way Chosen acts as an Apprentice Luke/Obi-Wan could be neat. RotS had a smaller custom-built Graflex (only about 1.25-1.35" OD) for stunt work that I'm sure some here would find more comfortable to handle.

Differences in the US Graflex can be attributed to the body being a copy of the over-sized 1.55" Master Replica RotS Anakin, with slight changes to the Graflex buttons and a completely redesigned clampbox.

Do you think that the ASP Graflex body would have issues with any of the other ASP parts though? For instance any of the other switches or pommels resulting in an awkward drop-off from the body.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #50655

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
So, I guess we can talk about the laser cut stuff here? I think the kill key potential is pretty awesome, and the options we could have cover pretty much any kind of saber. I'd probably want it to be a bit flatter than the one pictured, though. A little too extruded for my taste.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #50657

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1317
Do you think it is taller than the normal kill key? The current style has kind of a mushroom curved shape on top, where this one is totally flat. When I looked at it, I thought if the current one was that flat at its highest point, it would be same height. No?
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #50675

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I imagine they probably made them about the same height. The standard ones are alright but I've always wished they were a little flatter.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Borommakot.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #50718

• Darth Melendius
  • Thank you received: 5
Is your Profile picture a Renegade!? How much I want one badly.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #50720

• Darth Melendius
  • Thank you received: 5
Yooo....I just got back on here looking to see if anyone has any leaks of the new "Vanquish" saber as this is the new curved sabers name.....I know that if it isnt as pointy as the bane I am getting one SO FAST.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #50743

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Nothing yet on Vanquish. Phil said images would be posted soon. I imagine it will be posted on FB first and then here. We are all anxiously waiting.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #50744

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Phil described it as a two handed curved saber for Jedi and Sith alike.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #50835

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 57
Borommakot wrote:

Could it be this saber from their show room case?

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #50836

• schmots
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
Darth Melendius wrote:
Is your Profile picture a Renegade!? How much I want one badly.

Technically its not. Its a saber hilt I modeled and 3D printed based on the picture of the renegade. Thanks for the liking it. I am pretty happy with how it came out.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #50854

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
The Vanquish was posted on Facebook. Not in a position to grab a screen at the moment, but it looks good.

Edit: Here 'tis.

Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Borommakot.

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #51010

• Elim Vos
  • Thank you received: 17
Burns3558 wrote:
Borommakot wrote:

No, that would be a GCS "Darth Bane". Hands down one of the best sabers I have ever owned. The one pictured is not mine, btw.

E
"You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things you've created. The day will come when you can't hide from the things you have done anymore."

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #51042

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
Burns3558 wrote:
Borommakot wrote:

No. I know because I recognize that lightsaber as the Bane from Genesis Custom Lightsabers. What it's doing in Saberforge's showroom is another question, one I don't have an answer to.

EDIT: Ninja'd.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by RyanRising. Reason: I hath been ninjaed

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 6 months ago #51914

• Solinbeb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
Borommakot wrote:
The Vanquish was posted on Facebook. Not in a position to grab a screen at the moment, but it looks good.

I needs it...

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 5 months ago #54322

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 19
Solinbeb wrote:
Borommakot wrote:

I needs it...

same here bro same here
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

Upcoming SaberForge Releases 1 year 5 months ago #54712

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Been doing a bit of searching around to see some of the other styles that may not be offered on the site anymore and I'm more and more blown away each time I find something new. I can't say that I'm a big fan of the curved sabers, but they are pretty great pieces of work.

Anyone think there's a chance that some of the pieces from the "Vanguard" might turn up in the ASP parts?
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Looking for update on ord... (12 Posts)
    • Quote: Saberforge definitely needs to invest into either better equipment or more people, because this...
    • Sabercore 3.0 and You (4 Posts)
    • Hi All, Does anyone know what the wait time for the ASP Champion SaberCore 3 kit? I need to buy just...
    • Hero Tier ASP "Ventu... (27 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: I really like the theme of the saber. Great work! Thanks, mate. I hope to begin doing these again...
    • Quote: I really like the theme of the saber. Great work! Thanks, mate. I hope to begin doing these again...
    • Quote: Great looking saber you got there. Love to see those ASP. Thanks. Hopefully I can start cranking...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5824
  • Latest Member: majnate
  • Total Posts: 60.6k
  • Total Topics: 5026
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 29