Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Vengeance.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC)

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #29990

• jc0522
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Everyone, I received my saber today, and WOW…I am BLOWN away….this is my “first” saber (I’ll get into this later). Timeline is as follows (please note this was ordered near the premiere of TFA & Christmas so wait times may now vary).

Ordered on Etsy October 26.
Preshipment November 29.
Picked up by USPS December 31.
In my hands January 4.

Let’s start with the con’s first…because there really isn’t any. I requested for a 32 inch blade, I received a 37 inch blade. It’s okay, no biggie, I have a tube cutter so I cut it down myself. The 2nd con I have is I bought mine with quick connects, when I opened up the saber to change the light, I noticed the red LED unit that came with the saber was stuffed in there. As I understand, the red color requires a resistor to the LED. Anyways, this caused one of the wires to be exposed through the heat sink and it looks frayed. I’m a little afraid it’ll snap off soon…but again not too sure though. I’ll keep my eye on it.

So this is my “first” saber because I actually ordered the Epoch on September 9, however this saber was lost/stolen by USPS…so this saber became my first.

PROS. WOW. So this saber was actually bigger than I pictured it, in a good way. The saber is much much heaveier than I thought, also in a good way haha. There’s so much attention to details. I actually bought an Ultrasaber hilt to wait THE WAIT. That thing was literally just an overpriced flashlight to be honest. It was so plain and simple; even some friends joked about it and made fun of me for buying a $75 flashlight. I showed this hilt again to my friends, and they were blown away, speechless. There are no sharp parts as I read with some other hits. The T grips actually do not really get in the way of flourishing surprisingly. Overall 11/10.

Any questions please shoot away. Now for pics:

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, 308BJP, Eddlyss64, Prowl

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #29993

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Wow, these are some of the best saber photos I've seen; really makes it look glorious. Congrats!

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #29995

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 826
Hi jc0522,

No questions, simply congratulations! A great looking Saber, that emitter with the "Shark's gill" vents and blade plug, awesome.

Glad you had your issues sorted and I hope your Saber will serve you long and well!

Thanks for sharing

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by For Tyeth. Reason: Corrected auto correct

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #29998

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1095
Beautiful! The lines of that saber are just so symmetrical, and complimentary of one another.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #30008

• jc0522
@borommakot haha thank you for the compliment. I do photography on the side so that probably explains that.

@fortyeth Thank you, I agree, the pictures on the Etsy store simply did not do this justice now that this hilt is in my hands. Unfortunately, I haven't solved my missing saber issue with SF, but I'm hoping it will be resolved by the end of this week.

@brax I have minor OCD so the symmetry of this saber REALLY spoke to me haha. The top portion of this saber is just...wow...love it. I originally was thinking of selling this hilt because I bought a graflex replica....but I don't think I have the heart to part with this hilt anymore.

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #30009

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
jc0522 wrote:
@borommakot haha thank you for the compliment. I do photography on the side so that probably explains that.
That definitely explains it; superb photos :)

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #30025

• Dr. Anthropologist
  • Premium Member
  • Hope is not lost today. It is found
  • Thank you received: 32
Beautiful saber man. That is gorgeous to look at. Congrats man! B)
"You can do this. Within you is the heart of a champion"

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #30026

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 512
Very nice, those photos make it look more real than ever. Have fun. Is that 12W or 12W+?
"I am the Senate"

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #30070

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 75
Congratulations and beautiful photos.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #30086

• jc0522
@dr.anthropologist & @artair much thanks!

@execute66 It's a regular 12W. It's already so bright! I can't imagine how much brighter the 12w+ is!

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #30168

• Brax
  • Administrator
jc0522 wrote:
@brax I have minor OCD so the symmetry of this saber REALLY spoke to me haha. The top portion of this saber is just...wow...love it. I originally was thinking of selling this hilt because I bought a graflex replica....but I don't think I have the heart to part with this hilt anymore.

Don't tell anyone I said this, and I will deny it if asked, but I like the Vengeance design more than the classic Graflex from a practical perspective. I have a Master Replica Anakin/Luke saber, and it is VERY uncomfortable to hold, and even with the light dueling that one would take the chance with using a MR, it just does not feel good in my hands. I imagine the Vengeance does not have the difficulty. For screen accuracy, and as a shelf queen...Graflex all the way. For any kind of practical use, I would take Vengeance every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. :side: B)

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #30194

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 293
^^ :ohmy: ^^

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #30203

• Brax
  • Administrator
NeBosa wrote:
^^ :ohmy: ^^

Such an outburst of emotion! Try to control yourself! ;) :P :side:

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 6 months ago #30268

• Scourched
  • Thank you received: 6
Looking at your pictures, this came out of my mouth...

"Holy sh*t!" because that's a damn good looking saber and the pictures do it justice.

Then I saw you holding it and I said. "Holy sh*t that's huge!" Is it some optical illusion or is that thing as big as it looks? Or maybe it's just me? I know saber run about 10-11" in length. Still my mind always goes to thinking they're like 9, 10" long. I'd need to really pay attention and pause frames in the movies but they always seemed smaller.

I dunno, maybe I'm crazy! Still, gorgeous saber if not larger :p

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 5 months ago #31707

• jc0522
Sorry for the late response guys, totally forgot I had this thread!

@brax, I definitely agree with you. Even with these T Grips, I can still do spins and flourishes. I have an ESB Graflex hilt on the way, so we'll see how much the activation box will limit me.

@scourched haha thanks for the compliments! I was definitely surprised when I received this (again, in a good way haha). I thought this woulda been a smaller hilt/ lighter hilt. Didn't measure the exact measurement but it may be close to 11-12". But in the end, the size and weight definitely worked out. It's nicely balanced in my opinion.

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 5 months ago #31736

• jbeem
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
This is such a beautiful hilt and I was really glad to see it included in the ASP saber designer program. I was very very close to choosing its emitter for my custom saber but I ended up going with the Jade emitter instead.

Still, once ASP goes live I will be ordering like 6 of the emitter parts because I love them so much and this was one of them.

Gorgeous photos too man. They really make this saber look bombastic!

Also I think the sabers in the movies are indeed a bit smaller. The ones we get have to be bigger to house the electronics inside. I recently saw an old featurette on Ewan Macgregor from around episode 3 and it showed a few of his different lightsabers he used for different shots and the one that was marked as "Ewan's favorite" to do his combat routines with was a much smaller hilt than the versions we can buy here such as the redeemer.

But theres no replacing that luscious sound! I'll deal with a little more beefiness any day to hear that glorious "whoosh whoosh" sound.

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 3 months ago #49292

• Prowl
  • Thank you received: 43
That is an amazing hilt design, thanks for the awesome pics. I'll either have to build one when ASP hits or hope they offer it again.

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 3 months ago #49364

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 20
Awesome looking saber. Was that a limited release on Etsy or something because I don't see it on the site. I could definitely see getting one of those!
Sabers owned:
  1. Non-SF Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. Kickstarter ASP (Champion)
  3. Venom (Champion) [Wife's]
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 3 months ago #49591

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 90
Yeah, the Vengeance was an Etsy release, though it will also be buildable via ASP once that goes live.

I have no idea how SF is selecting the hilts to offer on the main site right now (Gotta admit, I did NOT expect to see the Destiny come back), but I'd suspect it'll either go on the main site or be a very popular ASP design - seemed like it sold extremely well during the time it was on Etsy, and just about everyone I've seen who got one loved it for dueling or spinning.

JChen’s Champion Vengeance (w/ QC) 1 year 3 months ago #49600

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
How would you compare the body of the Vengeance to that of the Graflex? I like the look of both, I just wasn't sure what the body actually was like in terms of similarity. I'm interested in getting either of those bodies once the ASP comes up, but I wanted to get an opinion of the body first.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5307
  • Latest Member: RobdertHeX
  • Total Posts: 56.3k
  • Total Topics: 4718
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119