Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Venom.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Green Venom

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58825

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 73
Got my beautiful saber yesterday, I was so excited to pull it out of the box (7 long months of excitement since we decided 3 months before we ordered what we were getting lol). Anyway, for my first saber I couldn't have picked a better one; the weight and balance is great in my hand and it easily transitions from a two handed power grip to a much more nimble single handed grip with no problem. There is plenty of length to comfortably grasp but it's by no means unwieldy. The viridian sound of course is brilliant and loud and don't get me started on how stunning the light is. Of course, the claws at the head of the venom and viper lend itself to be a dark side weapon and I'm sure it looks amazing in red but I have to say that the green really compliments the hilt.

Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Brax. Reason: Inserted photos
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, For Tyeth, OvrcAHst, HotRod, DK44, DarthSauron, TheGrandAdmiral

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58826

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, OvrcAHst, TheGrandAdmiral

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58827

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
That is a beautiful saber, and you are right about the green complimenting the hilt. Congratulations on your saber!

One word of caution if you are planning to duel with it. Be sure to remove the claws before doing so. They are an attractive addition to the look of the saber, but they don't stand up well to direct hits.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58828

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
A Champion Venom indeed. Excellent Hilt choice SadiraOrphesu and Congratulations on successful (and eventual) delivery. Stunning pictures with a magnificent emerald glow. There's something mesmerising about a Green illumination that shines in a darkened room, like night-vision through a scope so much is shone. Agreed that the Emitter claws may suggest a Darkside association however just as there a dark birds (Vultures, Crows, Ravens) there are also light, like the Majestic elegant nature of a soaring Eagle this Hilt and colour combination definitely takes flight. Thank you for sharing a treasure from your Collection. The beauty of Green much like Absinthe, intoxicating.

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58829

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
Thanks guys! It feels great to be able to join your ranks with this weapon of beauty. Good to know about the claws, wouldn't want to hurt the saber or myself even though taking them off will be like pulling teeth because they look so perfect lol :lol:

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58831

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
Lovely saber, and I have always thought that green is a colour that suits a typically dark side hilt very well. I don't know what it is, but it always seems to fit the darker hilts just as well as any red, purple or blood orange.

Glad you enjoy it and thanks for the pictures, it is truly a beautiful piece.

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58832

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Awesome saber!! The hilt looks great! Welcome to the Emerald Knights! That's cool to hear about the weight & balance of this saber. I always wondered if the claws made the Venom or Viper too heavy...Congrats & Enjoy!

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58833

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Very cool in green! And I love the grenade section in the body and the emitter windows. Congrats and have fun with your saber this weekend!
- Light em up

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58854

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Congrats on that cool Venom. I'm a fan of the green so you couldn't have picked a better color IMO!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58877

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
This is such a creative saber! This proves being a Jedi doesn't mean boring. This saber is bad to the bone. BA BA BA BAD! :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Champion Green Venom 1 year 3 weeks ago #58888

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
Thanks to all, I could not be happier with my choice, HotRod is absolutely right just because I'm a Jedi doesnt mean I can't have a mean looking saber :lol: :evil: . I seriously cannot say enough that the color of this saber is incredibly perfect. I was able to really swing it around and get some orbits in last night and a couple of light swngs against my sister and girlfriend and this thing just keeps getting better and better. First off the sectioning is perfect with a clear grip beneath the emitter windows it fits perfectly in my hand and handles really easily one handed, spins and flourishes are easy and smooth. The grenade section is honestly one of my favorite parts of this saber, I much prefer it to the leather wrap of the Descent as it compliments the claws so much more in my opinion and really is an excellent grip that you can feel connect into your palm. Unfortunately, the weather today has not been with me and its been pouring outside so I will have to wait to get back out there. May the force be with you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge Prodigal Son (2 Posts)
    • 1. Yes, but for anything more than "just gets brighter on clash", you'd need to use a mixed or...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (743 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Saberforge DIY parts (4 Posts)
    • I like it. Without all of those knobs and stuff hanging off of it, it's bound to be more...
    • Saberforge DIY parts (4 Posts)
    • Here is another pic, just because the fake switch box wasnt showing, lol...[image]

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4695
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 15