Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Venom.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video)

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 10 months 2 days ago #65749

• DarthSauron
  • "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"
  • Thank you received: 40
Its been 19 weeks since I placed my order and signed up on this forum. Now I finally got my hands on my saber. (Saberforge completed the saber and shipped in 13 weeks, I had my saber shipped to a relative in US to dodge custom charges so I had to wait him to come to Turkey, thats why it took 19 weeks)

So the Venom, I opened the package and the first thing I thought was "This is big" Claws and overall shape is very beautiful. I think the claws, windows and the pommel are my favourite things about this saber. This is my first high quality saber so I dont really know how they usually weight, but I found venom kinda heavy. The hilt lenght is 35 cm / 14" with claws. 31 cm / 12" without the claws

You can hold it on the grip point and the grenade section comfortably. Suitable for both single handed and dual handed. I'd recommend gloves if you have sensitive hands and are planning to spin on the grenade section.

The light, okay it is red but it also has shades of orange in it, the more sunlight you have around the more orange it looks. Maybe its bc it isnt fully charged rn. I'm guessing that Saberforge fixed this orangish red issue with their new "Photo Red" LED. The light is very bright, it isnt washed out by 65% direct sunlight.

The convertech knob got in the way while I was spinning, so I'm thinking about removing it. Also I dont have a belt system, so.

I think this is all I have to say, I'll edit if I face different experiences while usage. Here are the pics,

Champion tier Venom, SaberCore Crimson, Weathered Finish, 12W+ Red LED
Last Edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by DarthSauron.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, DK44, Neesh Kedoo, ukyavuz

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 10 months 2 days ago #65750

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Mate, glad to read that Destination Turkey finally happened for you (well.. since you're already in Turkey, a safe and unchallenged journey by your Hilt). Congratulations with receiving your long awaited Saber. Mixed feelings I'm sure, remaining uncertain if you were happier to see the relative delivering the special care package or the reunion with said relative. :P Nice inclusion of photos of a deep weathering finish with Red LED. The Shine throughs is a highlighting factor with this Hilt, Well done. Good demonstration of spinning too, spinning it like you stole it! Must be all the anticipated excitement being channelled in one explosive effort from rolling out the red carpet for this beauty to arrive. Happy Sabering and thank you with sharing your new prized possession. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthSauron

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 10 months 2 days ago #65751

• DarthSauron
  • "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"
I also thank you OvrcAHst for answering me whenever I post a question and taking away my stress and doubts about stuff. Well I've been spinning sticks and low grade sabers for a while now, I'll also post a duel when we do it with a friend of mine (costumes included) ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 10 months 2 days ago #65752

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
DarthSauron wrote:
I also thank you OvrcAHst for answering me whenever I post a question and taking away my stress and doubts about stuff. Well I've been spinning sticks and low grade sabers for a while now, I'll also post a duel when we do it with a friend of mine (costumes included) ;)

Avoid custom as much as possible is probably best course of action I wish i had a relative in US too but I am kinda marked by Turkish customs. Now they check every box even those which are under 75 euro when it is addressed to one of my usual addresses...

Nice hilt I have ASP viper and venom all black finish with leather wrapped bodies and currently a coupler between them :P
Last Edit: 10 months 2 days ago by ukyavuz.

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 10 months 2 days ago #65754

• DarthSauron
Wow its so unfair that they're doing that just bc you once got something more expensive than the limit. How much did they want from you? Zaten kılıçlara 300-400 dolar veriyoruz bide okkalı bir gümrük vergisi güzel olmuyor

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 10 months 2 days ago #65790

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That is a MEAN looking saber! Just mean! Especially with that finish. Very nice.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 10 months 2 days ago #65796

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Fantastic looking Sith saber! Congrats & Enjoy!

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 10 months 2 days ago #65804

• DarthSauron
Here is another spinning video I just took,

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 10 months 1 day ago #65810

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Congrats on a beautiful dark side weapon. That Venom with the red LED is pure Sith. Awesome.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 9 months 1 week ago #67197

• DarthSauron
Update: I just dropped my hilt, the speaker is working but it started to wobble, and one of the claws is now bent. My god, guys, this is the worst feeling. I feel so bad it happened that I cant even look at my saber. What I learned is claws can be bent easily, so whatever you do, do not mess with the claws. I'm gonna try fixing the wobbling speaker myself, since I live in turkey and I am not sending it to the US. Any tip about the wobbling speaker would be very appreciated. I'm gonna cry omg

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 9 months 6 days ago #67302

• OvrcAHst
Too bad about the Fallen (too soon?), have a closer look with the speaker and see if it's just the C-Clip that's been dislodged. It might be an easier fix and as for the bent claw, really depends on how bent it is but you could always roll with the talon look? :whistle:

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 9 months 1 hour ago #67564

• Vis Venenati
  • Thank you received: 3
OH MAN.

Sorry to hear this. I just received my Venom and the first thing I thought was "do not drop this on its claws". But to hear that the speaker is wobbly is truly terrifying.

Please keep us posted and good luck!
MTFBWY

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 8 months 4 weeks ago #67605

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
DarthSauron wrote:
Update: I just dropped my hilt, the speaker is working but it started to wobble, and one of the claws is now bent. My god, guys, this is the worst feeling. I feel so bad it happened that I cant even look at my saber. What I learned is claws can be bent easily, so whatever you do, do not mess with the claws. I'm gonna try fixing the wobbling speaker myself, since I live in turkey and I am not sending it to the US. Any tip about the wobbling speaker would be very appreciated. I'm gonna cry omg

Ugh, so sorry to hear that. That's definitely a skin curling, chills moment. Like OvrcAHst mentioned, hopefully it's just the c-clip. It can be repositioned. Also, still contact Saberforge and send them a picture of the bent claw. Maybe they could send you a new claw without you having to send the whole thing back.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 7 months 2 weeks ago #69325

• DarthSauron
Hey guys, sorry for not keeping you updated, I've been off from almost everything for a while, since I started college.

First, thank you all for your concerns, as you guessed and I hoped, the wobbling was because the C ring.

And the bent claw is now fixed by my dad, it looks just like how it should. Here is how it was,

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 7 months 1 week ago #69337

• OvrcAHst
DarthSauron wrote:
Hey guys, sorry for not keeping you updated, I've been off from almost everything for a while, since I started college.

First, thank you all for your concerns, as you guessed and I hoped, the wobbling was because the C ring.

And the bent claw is now fixed by my dad, it looks just like how it should. Here is how it was...
Mate, good to learn the correction was relatively pain free to achieve, Thanks for the update. Now with the claw shown as it was, what about how it is now thanks to DarthSauron Snr? :whistle:

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 7 months 1 week ago #69339

• EternalWing
  • There is Darkness in the Light, abd there is Light in the Darkness. Keeping balance and you will find power.
  • Thank you received: 6
Good to hear it is fixed without send it back man. Take good care of it and have fun.

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 7 months 1 week ago #69391

• DarthSauron
Here it is, that is the same claw which was once bent.

Champion Weathered Venom 12w+ Red (Images & Video) 7 months 1 week ago #69403

• Vis Venenati
  • Thank you received: 3
Well, that is good news! Your Father has some talent, it looks brand new.
MTFBWY
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Trades (1 Posts)
    • So does anybody actually like to trade than buy sabers?
    • Saberforge DIY parts (5 Posts)
    • 6061 series aliminum, we drew it on AutoCad and then we had a company in China make it. Grips and...
    • Saberforge Prodigal Son (2 Posts)
    • 1. Yes, but for anything more than "just gets brighter on clash", you'd need to use a mixed or...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (743 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4696
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 15