Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Venom.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Introducing: "Black Mamba" Venom Black Finish

Introducing: "Black Mamba" Venom Black Finish 9 months 5 minutes ago #67562

• Vis Venenati
  • Thank you received: 3
Greetings,

This is my first post. I've been a fan of Saberforge for a while and finally decided to order one. Well, after about 15 weeks (due to a shortage in parts) it ARRIVED!

Venom Champion Edition
Hilt Finish Black
Belt Clasp Covertech System
Blade Color Red
Blade LED Power 12W
LED Quick Connects Quick Connects
Blade Type Staff 32 inch (I'm going to order a 26 inch, 32 is a bit too long for my style)
Sound SaberCore Crimson (dark font)

What can I say? It's a work of art. It's everything I expected and more. I think it is the first Venom with Black Finish Red 12W LED that I've seen out there. Hence, the nickname 'Black Mamba'.

There are a few reviews of the Venom that I've read on this forum that cover the concerns regarding the claws. In my opinion, they are a bit sharp, so gloves will be needed if you like to grip near the emitter. Also, 1 critique would be that the screws are too visible. I would like a solid Venom Claw which hides the screws. But really, I don't even think it matters that much.

All in all, I absolutely LOVE THIS SABER. I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN :evil:

I attached a few photos we took right after she arrived. Let me know what you think.

More to come!

MTFBWY
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

Introducing: "Black Mamba" Venom Black Finish 8 months 4 weeks ago #67604

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Congrats, Vis Venenati! In all Black, that is bad to the bone. Very nice! Thanks for sharing it! Glad to hear you can't put it down. :-) They are like that.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vis Venenati

Introducing: "Black Mamba" Venom Black Finish 8 months 3 weeks ago #67712

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
That's a bad-ass Venom right there. All black suits this hilt. Nice.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Introducing: "Black Mamba" Venom Black Finish 8 months 3 weeks ago #67715

• Vis Venenati
HotRod wrote:
Congrats, Vis Venenati! In all Black, that is bad to the bone. Very nice! Thanks for sharing it! Glad to hear you can't put it down. :-) They are like that.

Thank You! Nearly a week later, I am still finding it difficult to put down! lol

This photo was from last night.

MTFBWY
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: context
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Introducing: "Black Mamba" Venom Black Finish 8 months 3 weeks ago #67716

• Vis Venenati
Greysider wrote:
That's a bad-ass Venom right there. All black suits this hilt. Nice.
Right?

I had a "Force-Vision" and emailed SF customer service immediately asking if they could switch it from weathered to an all-black finish, since my order had not hit the build queue yet.

It's nicer than I expected.

So bad-ass indeed. :evil:
MTFBWY
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: context

Introducing: "Black Mamba" Venom Black Finish 8 months 3 weeks ago #67917

• Vis Venenati
Thank you. I love this saber.

I couldn't pass on the Red. It's so perfect with this black hilt. I wanted blood orange too, at first, but I am glad I went with Red.... Plus, the light reflects an almost blood-orange against a white background.

Grey weathering? I've seen the standard Weathering they offer in one of the threads on the forum and videos posted online.
MTFBWY

Introducing: "Black Mamba" Venom Black Finish 7 months 2 weeks ago #69326

• DarthSauron
  • "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"
  • Thank you received: 40
As a long time venom fan, I loved your saber. I thought about getting it all black too but then I decided that I like the weathered look more, but now I see that I'd be happy with all black too.

Also, I have a question, the 12w+ red looks kinda orangish right? I mean, when the blade is installed, can you say that it is 100% red, or is it just me?

Champion tier Venom, SaberCore Crimson, Weathered Finish, 12W+ Red LED

Introducing: "Black Mamba" Venom Black Finish 7 months 1 week ago #69376

• Vis Venenati
Hi Darth Sauron,

That's a good question; it does seem a bit 'blood-orange' in certain settings, especially against a white background. When you're in the dark, it looks more pure Red. It also depends on which camera you use. In some shots with the iPhone it looks pure red, but when I use the laptop camera it has more of a purple-ish tone to it. I also noticed it gets more pink just before the battery died.

I have a question for you: did you ever resolve the issue you had with the speaker after you dropped it? And did you get to replace the claws? I am constantly worried about dropping the hilt and damaging the claws.

One final observation I've had; The motion detection doesn't work 100% of the time. For no reason at all. It usually comes back after I turn it off, use the kill-key and mess with the settings. Did you have any of those issues?
MTFBWY

Introducing: "Black Mamba" Venom Black Finish 7 months 1 week ago #69390

• DarthSauron
  • "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"
  • Thank you received: 40
Yes I did, the wobbling speaker and dizzy sound were because of the misplaced C ring. My dad put the ring in its place so the speaker is now stabilised.

I didnt attempt to replace the claws, I mean I didnt write to SF. My dad (again) fixed it somehow. But if you look at the pic I uploaded to my review, you can see that it wasnt an unfixable issue.

I guess we will always be worried about dropping our hilts. I mean, you drop it, anything can happen if it falls in the right angle. God forbid tho.

I cant say I had problems with the motion detection. It doesnt always catch my every move and work, but it does 80% of the time. I guess your issue is more serious here since you follow some steps to get the sound back.

Champion tier Venom, SaberCore Crimson, Weathered Finish, 12W+ Red LED
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4695
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119