Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Venomous Fury.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #48713

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
Ryan-Rising wrote:
Wow, I... really don't know what to say. I just typed a review out sitting on the edge of my bed because I figured I had time. But thank you for thanking me, OvrcAhst. :)
Often nothing needs to be said. If that was the circumstances that spawned a spontaneous and immediate thought process that resulted to what was constructed, a notable mention and credit to you. I wanted to acknowledge your sentiment and gesture also.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyanRising

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #48772

• Froboy696
  • Thank you received: 14
Hey how long is this saber? Thinking about getting this as my main in hand saber and it seems to be a great choice.

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #48848

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38
From pommel to the tip of the claws is nearly 13" if I remember correctly. The shroud is taking up about 2" in length that cannot be grabbed though so take that into account. It is a very nice handle for two handed grip as you can get a couple inches gap between your hands for leverage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap, RyanRising

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #48862

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Gorgeous saber. Congratulations!
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #48932

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
Okay, I'll post the information here as this even progresses. I was spinning my saber outside and dropped it on the grass. I picked it up and suddenly the power cut out and didn't come back on. I took the hilt inside, took the blade out, and unscrewed the body section to find that a wire had broken inside. I sent an email to Customer Service asking about what I should do next. So I currently have a dead saber. However, I am hopeful that I'll be able to get it fixed.

And I took a picture of the broken wiring, so I'll post it here as well.

When I push the two wires together, the "Sabercore Viridian" sound plays, but if I press the button to activate the saber, nothing happens. I'm not sure why. Maybe the connections aren't good enough to drive the LED and soundboard, or maybe there's something else at work here.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by RyanRising.

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #48936

• OvrcAHst
Ryan-Rising, that's upsetting. I know it's your Saber and not mine but it still hurts nonetheless, more so after seeing the image and with reading the circumstances of how it happened. Hope the situation gets resolved quickly for you and the recovery turn-around time isn't too testing.
Did you notice the two sections loose when you were spinning because the snap seems odd like there was constant tension on the wire resulting with the break? Actually, the ends look cleanly severed (rather than 'tugged' apart) but doesn't look like there's anything in there that could've possible snagged against it. Most peculiar. I've got nothing regarding the power draw comment of yours. :(

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #48937

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 806
Hi Ryan-Rising,

Of all the things that could happen! Damn I feel for you. I see what OvrcAHst means about the wire being a clean break. Maybe the wire, during the assembly of the Saber, got crimped by something placed on it and wasn't noticeable, then the jolt was enough to make the break. Things like that happened to me with microphone cables when I used to be a performer. I really hope you get it resolved.

Good luck,

For Tyeth

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #49202

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
Okay, I've thought about this a bit more. A while back, closer to when I got my saber than when it broke, I unscrewed the body section just to see what was inside. The grip didn't line up right, so I tried taking the body off and putting it back on again until it did.

So yeah, this was a disaster waiting to happen. This probably falls under the "Improper Handling" section of things that are not covered by the warranty. And it's very unlikely that Saberforge will cover for my own foolishness. So I'm going to have to pay if I want this fixed, or they might not be able to fix it at all. With that in mind, as soon as I get confirmation from Customer Service that there is no way they'll fix it for free, I'm probably going to end up trying to fix it myself.

I think the wire that broke may be connected to the recharge port. So does anybody have a wiring diagram for the Champion sabers? I know there have been people who have pulled the electronics out of a SF saber, but did anybody make note of what goes where? And can I have that wiring diagram?

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #49337

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Hmm....can you see a solder joint that might be where this joined? If it broke you may see a stub of wire sticking up to mark its location.

I wouldn't self fix it yet until you hear back, but eyeballing it closer may help you determine where it belongs. The picture you supplied isn't too great a shot to see the solder points.

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #49489

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
Okay, I got a reply to my email, and I would have to pay to send it back in for repairs. Not only that, I wouldn't know how much it would cost to repair it until I've sent it in and they've opened it up and had a good look at it.

So, I'm gonna do this myself. I think I've got a working wiring diagram, so all I need is some heatshrink tubing and by the end of the week I'll either have a fixed VF or 400 dollars down the drain, depending on how this goes. I'll let you all know once I've finished, most likely with "IT LIVES" if it works.

A few details:
•All of the wires to the recharge port have come off.
•The wire going to the switch pads has come off. This may have been the cause of the switch not working before.
•Another wire appears to have snapped where it wasn't connected to anything. I must have caught it in the threads.
•Some WD-40 got the emitter off the switch nicely. It was a really tight fit before.
•The recharge ports are glued, not threaded, into the switch section.
•I like making lists

By the by, this lightsaber is definitely made with ASP parts. The pommel can screw into the emitter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #49601

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
I have to say that I love the emitter on this saber. Just the single line does so much on an otherwise simple part. Sorry to see that it looks like it has to go back in for repairs. It's definitely a beautiful piece that I'd hate to see ruined. I'm pretty sure that you won't have the 400 down the drain!

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #49653

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
SublimeDelusions wrote:
I have to say that I love the emitter on this saber. Just the single line does so much on an otherwise simple part. Sorry to see that it looks like it has to go back in for repairs. It's definitely a beautiful piece that I'd hate to see ruined. I'm pretty sure that you won't have the 400 down the drain!

It's not going back in, that's why it's a possibility it'll be screwed up badly. I'm trying to fix it myself.

By the way, here's an update on that: Resired everything on the recharge port, couldn't figure out how to screw the soundboard section back in without breaking the wires, and just now a wire came off the switch. So basically I need to buy more wires, so that there's enough slack to twist the thing in without pulling the wires out again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #49668

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Well I hope the self repairs work out for you.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #50100

• OvrcAHst
Ryan-Rising,
By the way, here's an update on that: Resired everything on the recharge port, couldn't figure out how to screw the soundboard section back in without breaking the wires, and just now a wire came off the switch. So basically I need to buy more wires, so that there's enough slack to twist the thing in without pulling the wires out again.
Mate, acknowledged that its only been a few days, how is the Rescue-Mission going, were you able to acquire the necessary parts to complete your rebuild?

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #50114

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Ryan-Rising,
Mate, acknowledged that its only been a few days, how is the Rescue-Mission going, were you able to acquire the necessary parts to complete your rebuild?

Oh! I actually forgot I left you hanging. Sorry. So, I had gotten everything wired together properly, except maybe the recharge port (the battery wouldn't charge, and I had tried everything I could think of). But everytime I pulled the kill key, the saber would work- momentarily. After that the board limbs of locked up, and started repeating part of the bootup sound over and over again.

"Sabercore-Sabercore-Sabercore- Saberco-Saberco-Saberc-saberc-saber-saber-sab-sab-sab-sab-sa-sa-sa-sa-s-s-s-s-s."

So I finally gave in and sent it off to SF to see what they can make of it. I screwed up somehow, and I couldn't figure out where. I'm again saber less for the time being. Maybe I should look into one of those Ultrasabers Grab Bags. I'll let you all know once I get my Venomous Fury back.

By the way, in case I haven't already said this, at some point before it broke I noticed the body section was loose and unscrewed it to see what was inside. This must have put enough tension on the wires to break them loose. So I'm at fault here completely, and I've learned my lesson. I won't try THAT again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #50157

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Well, I am sure SaberForge can fix it for you. Probably what you should have done to begin with.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #50165

• OvrcAHst
Ryan-Rising wrote:
By the way, in case I haven't already said this, at some point before it broke I noticed the body section was loose and unscrewed it to see what was inside. This must have put enough tension on the wires to break them loose. So I'm at fault here completely, and I've learned my lesson. I won't try THAT again.
I recall you amending this comment eluding to your adventure of curiosity. Your previous mention described difficulty with securing a loose soundboard and the need to obtain more wiring.
"Sabercore-Sabercore-Sabercore- Saberco-Saberco-Saberc-saberc-saber-saber-sab-sab-sab-sab-sa-sa-sa-sa-s-s-s-s-s."
Arguably a good decision to send the Hilt back in without knowing what other symptoms may result in addition to the seizure-effects upon further correction. If the damage resulted from neglect, as you've written-nulling the Warranty, with you now sending the Hilt for repair by SF directly, is a new 'Limited' Warranty issued or 'Full' Warranty reinstated on completion or is it still zero warranty?

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #50204

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Ryan-Rising wrote:
I recall you amending this comment eluding to your adventure of curiosity. Your previous mention described difficulty with securing a loose soundboard and the need to obtain more wiring.
Arguably a good decision to send the Hilt back in without knowing what other symptoms may result in addition to the seizure-effects upon further correction. If the damage resulted from neglect, as you've written-nulling the Warranty, with you now sending the Hilt for repair by SF directly, is a new 'Limited' Warranty issued or 'Full' Warranty reinstated on completion or is it still zero warranty?

I'm not sure about the warranty. I feel like I remember someone somewhere saying that once they've worked on a hilt you get a full 1 year warranty again. Maybe.
MommyHoldMe wrote:
Well, I am sure SaberForge can fix it for you. Probably what you should have done to begin with.

Yup! I still would have had to pay, however. The effects only manifested after I had dropped the saber, and drop damage isn't covered by the warranty, as the customer service told me. So I thought I had nothing to lose. Well, I did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 2 months ago #50700

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
Sorry for the double post. Here are some kids playing at night with my lightsabers. The one with the Saberforge is also named Ryan!

The red one is my plastic Ultimate FX lightsaber. This picture was taken before they started fighting. By the time they were done, there were less lights still operational in said Ultimate FX. I really like this picture.

And no, I took this picture awhile back. I do not yet have my Saberforge back. I didn't pay for the Ultimate Super-Quick FedEx UPS Missle Delivery System so I won't have it very soon.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by RyanRising.

Medium Blue 12w+ Standard Finish Champion VF 1 year 1 month ago #52382

• Bietr Krrob
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Sorry to hear about the damage to your saber, and hope you have your saber fixed up and back to you in no time. It's a beautiful saber though and I love seeing it in blue. I chose to go with deep blue LED, but that shade looks great too and would love to see them side by side.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• PS-Luke V2 WIP (17 Posts)
    • Quick question - what location did you end up on for the RCP?
    • Spark Color 2 LED Help (2 Posts)
    • If I'm not mistaken and it's similar to the config editor for the Spark 2, those color labels are...
    • Spark Color 2 "Saber... (5 Posts)
    • Had almost the exact same thing happen to me recently. Spent a good hour going over everything with...
    • Champion Assembly Package... (6 Posts)
    • You dont need to keep the switch pressed. The momentary switch hooks up to the sound board and the...
    • Spark Color 2 LED Help (2 Posts)
    • Hello, I've just bought a plug-and-play hero sound kit for my ASP saber. While setting up the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5228
  • Latest Member: venomevil
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4662
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 5