Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Venomous Fury.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: My 1st Baby

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56123

• Fubuki
  • Thank you received: 3
So I have seen these and just haven't pulled the trigger to buy one but i finally did. I put my order in on 1/30/16 and finally got it in my hand on Friday the 13th..... 05/13/16. I took a short video when i opened it and taken a bunch of pictures but here are a few of my baby.

Its a Venomous Fury, Champion edition, weather, with crimson font in blood orange 12W+.

I love Halloween and orange (my favorite color)....I also got this on Friday the 13th....hmmmmm. Let me get this out the the way. It would be a lie if I said I was fully satisfied with the blood orange color. Trying to compare colors on line with photos can be so hard but I did lots of research and was hoping. Sadly I couldn't get my LED's customized so I got the default blood orange and to me its not "bloody" enough. Wanted a deep dark orange but got more a classic orange.... but hay what you going to do.

I have decided to name her as well. She is named Kagutsuchi after the Japanese god of fire. When Kagutsuchi was born his mother Izanami (Japanese god of creation and death) was so badly burned that he killed her. In a fit of rage and for revenge Kagutsuchi's father Izanami (Japanese god and father to many deities) cut off his newbord Kagutsuchi's head with a sword that would seal him away and sliced his body into eight piece. These eight pieces would become 8 volcanoes and the blood dripping from Izanagi's sword created several more gods (including 2 famous water gods). This would then lead to Izanagi attempting to bring his wife back and ultimately failing but, in the process would create other famous gods like Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Susanoo and Yakusa no ikazuchi no kami (Raijin). So i like this and it seems fitting because its a dark saber and bloody..... and bloody orange like fire.....and of course a Sword . Also star wars was heavily influenced by japan.

I took a few photos some outside some inside and some with flash and some without. I have a Orange object next to it (with flash on one photo) to try and show a bit of comparison and of course you can look at the blanket. Like everyone else it looks brighter and different in real life and camera can't do it justice. I do very much enjoy it FYI.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, OvrcAHst

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56169

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 704
Perfect combination of choices! Thanks for sharing!
"I am the Senate"

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56177

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 191
I like that shade of orange, i think it goes great with the weathering on your saber......Congrats & Enjoy!

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56179

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
That Venomous Fury is pretty darn cool. It's like the evil twin of my saber! B)

And if you got quick connects with your saber, you might want to try ordering a red LED. The way I understand it is:

•Photo/Deep Red (not offered by SF): Classic Red*.
•Red (as offered by SF): red with a lot of orange in it.
•Blood Orange (as offered by SF): Pretty darn orange.

*Because it's so close to the limits of our vision, this color appears dimmer to us. Since SF wants really bright lights, they don't offer it. Though SF LEDs aren't the brightest in-hilt LEDs you can get, but that's another discussion entirely.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56182

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1032
Congrats Fubuki!

That is a really nice looking saber! I have the Disciple and really like the forked emitters both sabers have! As other members have stated the colour does go well with the hilt and that weathering. Nice artful picture of the blade plug!
I hope you enjoy this Venomous Fury for a long time to come.

Well done and thanks for sharing,

For Tyeth

P.S. Was it just me or did anybody else think "Venomous Furry" when Fubuki introduced the object for comparison? :silly:
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by For Tyeth.

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56183

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
RyanRising wrote:
The way I understand it is:

•Photo/Deep Red (not offered by SF): Classic Red*.

*Because it's so close to the limits of our vision, this color appears dimmer to us. Since SF wants really bright lights, they don't offer it.

Pretty much. Photo (Deep) Red and Far Red (or infrared) LED dies are older Cree XP-E models, and are really the only two colors of that model still offered* because they don't have a newer (and more efficient) XP-E2 equivalent. Because the wavelength of light given off by Photo Red dies is much closer to the infrared spectrum, it gives off a slight pinkish hue on camera (similarly to how SF's Deep Blue looks slightly purple in pictures).

I was looking at ledsupply.com and came across this fun fact: photo red dies' main uses (besides lightsabers!) are in horticulture applications and reef tank algae scrubbers!

*at most LED suppliers.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: *

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56190

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1873
Fubuki, phenomenal image capture and subject placement. I can appreciate the difficulties with light capture of such a glorious and sinister colour and understand your experimentation with indoors/outdoors, flash/no flash. An ideal backstory linking it's History with Japanese Gods and rightly so for this Venomous Hilt and all it's Fury spawned from the rupture of Volcanoes, lava and ash spewing its Birthday of Friday 13.

The Weathering process has returned favourably as it appears much darker with lesser anodising removal. Partnered with (whilst you may not agree) a colour I believe to be a perfect representation. A menacing instrument you now wield, Thank You for sharing this extraordinary treasure.

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56203

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 344
That is pretty. I get the difficulty with blood orange. It's not red and it's not orange, but it is an awesome color. It's just hard to describe. Lava is a good description. Kagutsuchi is a great name as well! That is sweet! Congrats!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56205

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 142
Congrats man! Love the weathering and blade color combo. You just made me a fan of the venomous fury! :cheer:

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56207

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
If you don't think the blood orange LED (which has 2 amber dies as 2 red dies) is "bloody" enough, you could try to see if you could get one with 3 red dies and 1 amber die, which is the LED you would get if you had a Hero tier saber with red (2 red) and blood orange (1 red 1 amber) as your color choices (the same kind of LEDs are used in both Champion and Hero tiers, they're just connected to their respective soundboards differently).

Forum member Kouri was told by SF customer service that you can order Hero LEDs from the main site by specifying it in the order comments (discussed in the DIY soundboard thread) However, unless you could also specify for it to be wired up for a champion tier application, you'd have to do a bit of extra soldering work in order to install it in your saber, which may be more than you'd want or are able to do.

If you'd be okay with waiting for the custom shop, they have made custom LEDs with red-orange dies before, as shown HERE with a custom red and red orange LED, which may be more to your liking.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56278

• GaleForceEight
  • Thank you received: 18
Very nice hilt and blade combination.

When we use lasers for our shows, different frequencies of light need different amounts of power to get the same degree of perceived brightness; for example green lasers are far more visible for a given power so to get the colour balance right you need to balance the power output.

In the case of the Sabres where there is a fixed amount of power this translates into some colours being less bright than others and it is not necessarily the fault of the LED and all else being the same, blue or red Sabres will generally appear washed out when placed beside a green one of the same power.
Any idiot can squeeze a trigger....
It takes a special kind of idiot to use a saber.

My 1st Baby 1 year 9 months ago #56395

• Fubuki
  • Thank you received: 3
First I would like to say thank you all for the input. I have been a lurker on the forums but never posted. It does have quick connects! I did that so I have options in case I need them. I did that also in part of the fact I didn't feel a hero edition was worth it for me. The idea of lower power for more colors (two 6 and one 12w) and more fonts didn't seem worth the extra money to me (considering i could get quick connects as well). I don't know that is subjective.

Cool info Jaden. I did in fact ask for the LED dies to be something like 3 red 1 amber or such. Sadly i was told they were not taking custom orders. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes out for when they do though! I love this hilt as well. I was looking for something without a lot of "bulky" features. I wanted one that was sinister and for the hilt's design and attitude to speak and reach out for it's self. The forks and pommel and grip did just that! The blade plugs are just amazing as well! Also thanks for the comments on the backstory for the name.

I just wanted something orange to compare and that was the first thing close by lol. I thought about the Greek mythology and their beasts (me and gods lol) when you said Venomous Furry. I was thinking of the Greek beasts called Erinyes which are also known as Furies. They where female deities of vengeance. Sometimes referred to infernal goddesses. Hmmm i like that. :P

Although new to owning such a saber and to reviews I'm thinking of doing a video one with my gopro. I'm considering about the points already like how to describe things to the viewer that they can't tell, like heat and weight and even......going and hitting a tree with my baby. I also go to conventions all the time so maybe a few tips on that. For instance the fork might be to sharp for a few enforcers. So yea stay tuned.

I would like to share a few more photos that I've captured. As mentions before I'm a convention goer and I do cosplay and last time I went as Kylo Ren. I didn't have the saber forge saber in time but here are a few with the Kylo Ren black series. Only thing the black series has going for it is that its a Kylo Ren replica and goes with the cosplay but good luck in photos :/ Anyways hope you enjoy these.

P.S I Have dyed my hair neon orange several times in the past (along with other colors). As you can see i love orange. Willing to share if you guys are interested :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• US Apprentice Overhaul (23 Posts)
    • You don't need the MHS heatsink, in fact it won't work. That's designed to work with the MHS blade...
    • Rewriting Canto Bight-ASW... (5 Posts)
    • This might be made irrelevant with the release of TLJ novel, but until I read it, I'm going to...
    • US Apprentice Overhaul (23 Posts)
    • Quote: You need an MHS heatsink? I have one, PM me if you do. I'll probably end up waiting, I don't have a...
    • Overhauling my Ultrasaber... (51 Posts)
    • Quote: What thickness of heatshrink am I going to need? 1/16" 1/8" 1/4" Those are the ones I used most...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6710
  • Latest Member: Rerednaw
  • Total Posts: 67k
  • Total Topics: 5667
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 41
  • Yesterday Answer: 68