Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Viper.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: IT'S FINALLY HERE!

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54028

• BigMagicMonkey
  • Thank you received: 6
I've always wanted a high quality saber ever since I was little and the only ones I really every knew of were the force fx for $100 but I could never get one and by the time I could they definitely weren't good enough if you can't duel with them and I never really thought about it again. Then one day I'm on facebook and a random ad for saberforge is in my feed. Custom sabers was the only thing I had to read before I clicked the link and started browsing. Luckily it was mid January so tax returns were right around the corner. I filed on the 31st and then ordered so I would know my budget and just dipped in to savings for the time. As soon as i saw the viper I knew it was the one for me. The claws just screamed dark side and I love dark side looks except the saber colors, I've just never liked red. I ordered a champion tier 12w cyan weather viper with quick connects and a 32in blade. I had 6-8 week lead time but after 10 week I emailed them and apparently the lead was changed to 8-10 weeks and because it's an estimate I knew I had some more waiting. This was also when I took a look at the colors again to see what i wanted my next color to be and I realized that I mixed up cyan and mint green when looking at the colors, so i emailed them and got that changed. Finally on the 12th week, tuesday night I got the email that my saber entered the build queue. I checked the shipping the next tuesday and it was on its way arriving on thursday. Now imagine my surprise (and the brick I shat) when I checked the shipping the next day and it said it arrived and was signed for while I was away. I don't live alone but when I asked for the proof of delivery I didn't recognize the signature but when i got home their it was safe and sound. This thing is awesome it's not too heavy and super bright. The only complaint is how loud it is and even then thats really only when you use it inside, it's perfect for outside and I've only tried it on low.

Pros: All the pros of having a badass saber
Cons: If you choke up to far the claws will get you but at that point you're grabbing the windows

All around 10/10 its beautiful and bright as hell and I can't wait to try it at night tonight. When I tried it last night I thought it seemed dim and when I handed it to my friend to use I coukd see it growing dimmer but it was bright right up to a few seconds before dying and when it was that dim it looked like a normal green which was cool

And now the pictures thats what you're here for isn't it.

Edit: For everyone I confused the color is mint green not cyan i just thought mint green was cyan when I ordered and I got it changed last minute. If you're looking for a teal like color its the way to go.

Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by BigMagicMonkey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, OvrcAHst, DarthSauron

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54029

• BigMagicMonkey
these pictures show how you can really see the blue in led which I like and the other one the camera got the color really well

Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Brax. Reason: Inserted photos

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54032

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 559
Looks great! Nice pick!
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Borommakot.

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54036

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Love it!

As for the loudness of the saber, have you tried adjusting the volume in the in-hilt menu?
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54038

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1059
Beautiful saber! Congrats!

Don't forget to add some "Pros" and "Cons", as well as some 1-10 ratings on workmanship, brightness, etc. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Brax.

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54041

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 296
Very nice. Beautiful cyan color. Congratulations.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54045

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Very nice looking saber. I really like the Cyan. Congrats!
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54047

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
Woohoo! You don't see too many Vipers around here, but maybe that statement is becoming outdated. Congratulations, and good choice. Grenade grips, yum.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54050

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
I haven't looked at too many Vipers but this one looks great. The weathering looks perfect for this saber and I love the cyan color. Big fan of grenade sections (which I might have to do in ASP). The claws are cool and it looks like you can even remove them to change it up if you wanted. Have fun this weekend showing this bad boy off!
- Light em up

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54055

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
BigMagicMonkey, Congratulations with successful delivery of such a menacing Hilt. Illumination of the blade colour is very appealing and the wing span of the claws exudes authority. Thank you for sharing this beauty. How wide is the span and do you become conscious of them either during swings or duelling?

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54062

• BigMagicMonkey
Jaden Korr wrote:
Love it!

As for the loudness of the saber, have you tried adjusting the volume in the in-hilt menu?

Yes I haven't even bothered putting it on high. And while we're talking about setting anyone wondering about swing and clash sensitivity settings 4 is good if the swing is any higher it does it with any little movement and if you put it at 8 or 9 it seems to make just one noise most of the time

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54063

• BigMagicMonkey
OvrcAHst wrote:
BigMagicMonkey, Congratulations with successful delivery of such a menacing Hilt. Illumination of the blade colour is very appealing and the wing span of the claws exudes authority. Thank you for sharing this beauty. How wide is the span and do you become conscious of them either during swings or duelling?

Haven't dueled yet but I can imagine only noticeing them if the other person hits them but for spins I don't notices unless I'm choked up too high and they hit my hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, DarthSauron

IT'S FINALLY HERE! 1 year 1 month ago #54101

• BigMagicMonkey
This thing is awesome at night it lights up the whole backyard. I was going to post more pictures but it so bright that my iphone camera just focuse on that and everything else looks black but I will post a funny picture of my friend I got. Just look at the joy these sabers bring people

Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Brax. Reason: Inserted photo
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Champion Assembly Package... (6 Posts)
    • You dont need to keep the switch pressed. The momentary switch hooks up to the sound board and the...
    • Spark Color 2 "Saber... (4 Posts)
    • Thanks guys, great call :) and what it turned out to be was a strand of wire from the original hero...
    • Your switches are making contact with something bridging them Like the chassis or even body.
    • Hmm. That's the in-hilt editor program, which is supposed to be activated by holding the Aux button...
    • I'm working on putting my SF prodigal son V2 back together, when I pull my kill key I get the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5227
  • Latest Member: venomevil
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4660
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 5