Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Saber Forge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: New Member Introduction Thread

New Member Introduction Thread 7 months 1 week ago #64635

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 973
Out of the shadows, and into the light!

Welcome, and I look forward to seeing a review on that shiny new saber!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Member Introduction Thread 7 months 1 week ago #64819

• freakfabric
  • May the freak be with you
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there,
after more than 25 years of a long awaiting, I finally decided to build my first own lightsaber. I'm a 37 YO french SW fan since my childhood. I found Saber Forge while looking for the better company to make this dream come true. I'm about to order my custom parts and I will post pictures of the weapon when I'll get it.
I'll maybe need the help of grand masters builders on this forum to do it right.

But now it's time to wait…

BTW, I tried to order today, but it seems that the paiement module is out of order… Does anyone as an answer ?
May the freak be with you.

New Member Introduction Thread 7 months 6 days ago #64903

• -Hunter4hire-
  • Thank you received: 2
"As the cantina doors swing open a misty fog enters the room, and from the fog emerges a cloaked figure with a ripped sleave and a cybernetic arm coming out of it. The cloaked figure approaches the bar, motions to the waiter and orders some..... Blue milk?"

Hey everybody, I'm Hunter, I'm new to the forums! :)
I recently got my Champion Oracle and I wish to do a review, so It's finally time to join this forum.
I'm kinda new to forums, the only other forum I ever dabbled in was a roleplay forum, back in 2008.

Anyways, I'm here to get my introductory post out of the way, and I'll be seeing ya around the forums.
I read all the rules and tos, and I'm ready to go.

"As the stranger slams down the empty jug, and exclaims with refreshment, he flicks 2 credits in the air, stands up and walks away, as the credits land next to the mug that once contained delicious blue milk."

New Member Introduction Thread 7 months 5 days ago #64977

• theZonomaKnight
  • Thank you received: 1
Greetings! My name is Kann. I have never been involved with any type of forum before, though I have been lurking in the shadows for quite some time now. I like the community here and as a fellow custom saber owner ( older tech mind you ) decided to try and get more involved.

And yes, I own a saberforge LS. A stunt arbiter that I am rather found of. By the way, the infinity v4 blades CRUSH other companies dueling blades. I won't name names....but let's just say I have yet to see any other stunt sabers handle the amount of punishment a Saberforge saber can handle. Not once has the battery popped out or the blade cracked.

I am involved in a local group that meets to train, spar and choreograph fights. It is a lot of fun, and a great experience. Anyway, enough jibber jabber for one post. I'm excited to be here!

P.s. - I am looking forward to building a custom Saberforge Lightsaber with all the bells and whistles soon.
Guardian Kannukii of the Praxeum Zonoma

New Member Introduction Thread 7 months 4 days ago #64980

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome folks! Great to have you here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: theZonomaKnight

New Member Introduction Thread 7 months 17 hours ago #65242

• RolandofGilead
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi! New to the forum, but not to forums in general, and certainly not to Star Wars. While I'm not old enough to have seen any of them in theaters, I am old enough to have gotten the "One Last Time" VHS set for Christmas as a child. :)

Also, pretty new to indi sabers. I did buy one last year from one of SF's competitors, and while it was very well made, no issues with electronics, customer service, anything like that, ultimately I was unsatisfied with the simplicity of the hilt and sold it. Shortly after, I hear about ASP.

This is what I needed in my life. While I had been to TCSS website before, trying to figure out the entire process was like learning Greek sign-language. Not to mention, the ASP designs are just fantastic. While I didn't get in on the kickstarter or anything like that, I did finally bite the blaster-bolt a few days ago and ordered two essentially warrior tier sabers, one for myself and one for my girlfriend. I can't wait until they arrive!

New Member Introduction Thread 7 months 16 hours ago #65244

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1541
Welcome to This Forum RolandofGilead and Thank you for the Introduction. Looking forward to seeing your Warrior pair. Take a comfy seat during your Wait and nurse that blaster wound you fell victim to. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: RolandofGilead

New Member Introduction Thread 7 months 2 hours ago #65284

• Liath
Hi !

I'm new here, but I already have asked a question here, so here I am, introducing myself.
I'm 33 years old geek from France, who loves Star Wars. I'm a moderate collector, but I'm "Star Wars Geek" enough to have bought me an ASP saber, which I will be reviewing here.

Currently waiting ! (and it's too long !)

(if some of you are french and bought an ASP saber recently, I would gladly hear from your experience with international mail via PM, I'm kind of worried)

New Member Introduction Thread 7 months 2 hours ago #65286

• OvrcAHst
Welcome Liath and Thank you for your Introduction (even if it's after 3Posts down 3Months ago :P ). The best feedback you can obtain regarding Shipping to France specific to your Order will be achieved by sending SFCS an email (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ) to enquire its Status. Other members from France as the delivery address may still PM you, as you request, however circumstances may differ. Hope you receive the news you are looking for and looking forward to your ASP Review when that time comes. :)

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 2 weeks ago #65707

• morpheus
  • Thank you received: 3
I've been a Star Wars fan ever since I saw A New Hope when I was a kid, and I've always wanted a lightsaber. After much research, I settled on Saber Forge for my first custom saber.

I strongly identify with Jedi, and plan to study the Soresu style for twirling and practice. Can't wait to get started.

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 2 weeks ago #65730

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 277
Hey there morpheus! Welcome to the forum. Which hilt(s) have caught your eye?
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 2 weeks ago #66228

• morpheus
  • Thank you received: 3
I ordered a lovely Exhalted Champion, and I've started a thread over in that section for details!

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 2 weeks ago #66235

• Brax
  • Administrator
morpheus wrote:
I ordered a lovely Exhalted Champion, and I've started a thread over in that section for details!

That was my first saber as well! Welcome!

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 2 weeks ago #66244

• Darth Sever
Hey folks, my name is Jeremy and I'm from the Seattle, WA area. I was a big fan as a kid, but lost interest as I got older. The prequels came out around the time I was in college, and while I enjoyed them, they didn't really do much to spark that fire.

TFA did it for me, and now that I have a son I've started enjoying the same things I did as a kid, including SW.

Adult version of me still likes playing with toys (although that word has a different definition than it use to), and now I finally get to fulfill my childhood fantasy of owning a lightsaber. I have a Hero Vanquish that is currently in its build stage.

I still consider myself a novice fan, so I hope to explore some EU and catch up on all the great SW that I've missed over the years. Maybe even dabble in a little cosplay. Who knows!

Thanks everyone for the warm reception my other post have received and I look forward to participating in the SF community.

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 2 weeks ago #66249

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome to the neighborhood! Now that you have entered this world, I think most folks would agree that it only gets cooler from here! B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Sever

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 2 weeks ago #66264

• Vader
Hello SaberForge Forum! I'm Anakin... Well... My real name is Bobby, lol. I have been on and off this forum for quite some time to check reviews and such on different sabers and colors. It wasn't until about a year and a half ago that I realized that sabers like this existed, and it wasn't until about a month ago that I received my first saber... An asp saber. After receiving that, I decided that I wanted something a little more solid, and something with good reviews. After referring to this site and YouTube several times, I decided on the Exhalted! I couldn't be happier with it. But, more about myself... I'm 22 years old, and I'm from Ohio! Very close to the West Virginia border. I don't really know anyone around my area that has a love for Star Wars quite like I do, so I am the only one in my area that I know of that owns a saber. I've got a few friends that want to purchase them now though! So hopefully that will happen. When that time comes, expect stupid skits, dueling videos, and funny videos!

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 2 weeks ago #66267

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome Anakin! The Exhalted was my first saber as well, so great way to start!

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 1 week ago #66503

• Brax
  • Administrator
stephen.morici wrote:
Hi I'm new here and awaiting the arrival of my Avenger.

Welcome! I have an Avenger, so I know you are in for quite the unboxing experience when it arrives. It is one of my absolute favorites.

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 1 week ago #66510

• Darth_Maul
I have been looking at a few of these light sabers for awhile, but have not been able to get one due to the pricing. I would really like a tier three Bane or Vanquish, but I was thinking would it be worth it to just get the hilt since this would be my first light saber and just gather the other components further down the road, or should I wait until I can afford the whole package?

New Member Introduction Thread 6 months 1 week ago #66531

• OvrcAHst
Darth_Maul wrote:
I have been looking at a few of these light sabers for awhile, but have not been able to get one due to the pricing. I would really like a tier three Bane or Vanquish, but I was thinking would it be worth it to just get the hilt since this would be my first light saber and just gather the other components further down the road, or should I wait until I can afford the whole package?
Welcome to the Forum Darth Maul.
It would really depend on how far down said road you can see and how that measures to you in real time. As your first, I'd suggest that you build up the coin. An alternative (depending on your age) is to negotiate an advance with your Parents to front the Tier of preference and enter into a payment plan with them. Good training and demonstration of financial responsibility for when you start accruing debt in the future. If the advance is successful and the Terms acceptable, you can see yourself achieving your Bane/Vanquish sooner rather than later (because there's still the production Lead Times to factor in). ;)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New and Upcoming from Phi... (12 Posts)
    • My favorites are the Prodigy and Renegade. When is the next SF sale? :lol:
    • [FOR SALE $395USD] V2 CR ... (2 Posts)
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment]
    • [FOR SALE $395USD] V2 CR ... (2 Posts)
    • FOR SALE: V2 (weathered) Crystal Reveal Prodigal Son Price: $395USD Including Express Shipping....
    • Payment types? (1 Posts)
    • Sorry I didn't see any other forum better suited to this. I was looking into taking advantage of...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4709
  • Latest Member: Rebzyawag
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 23
  • Yesterday Answer: 41